Author Topic: NWR Monster Hunter Club  (Read 478037 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: NWR Monster Hunter Club
« Reply #500 on: May 11, 2010, 04:47:25 AM »
I think it is your schedule. You work in the evening and that seems to be when most people are available. Thatguy and I are just crazy people who never sleep. You should be thankful for us. :P

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 11, 2010, 04:48:46 AM »
I am. Playing with you guys makes the game funner.

I'm logging on now.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 11, 2010, 05:32:00 AM »
What happened there? Did the server go down or did I just have a connection timeout or something?
My Game Collection

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 11, 2010, 08:10:07 AM »
I've been out of town for a while, and it's likely I'll have to miss tonight's meetup due to a conflict.  I hope to be on at night over the next few days, though.

I tried to get on last night, but right after I found Mop It Up and thatguy, my ISP decided to go down for a couple of hours.  Grrr!  I ended up clearing out a few more missions on my local game.

EDIT:  Cool.  It looks like I'll be able to play tonight after all, assuming my internet access doesn't go down again...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:45:59 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #504 on: May 11, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »
Ok, I've decided I'm officially graduating at this point.  I'm going to be difficult.  From now on I'm not going to be helping with * quests regularly, rather just when I feel like it.  ** and *** quests, absolutely, but it's time to move on, fellas.  I'll gladly help with Urgent Quests, too, so don't be afraid to ask.

I totally misread this.  I thought you were going give the game a rest and move one with real life, career aspirations, etc.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 11, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
Just because Thatguy hates them, I will gladly help out with all lvl 1 quests.

Really the only major use I've been getting out of it is Mop it up saying bless you when I sneeze & me saying thank you in return.
Well that's a pretty important use don't you think?

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 11, 2010, 08:09:01 PM »
Same time, same place tonight guys.  Be there!
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #507 on: May 11, 2010, 08:09:56 PM »
Dammit! I'll be busy recording a podcast, then it'll be time for the Daria marathon!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #508 on: May 11, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
I BOUGHT DARIA TOO

Better than Monster Hunter

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »
I'm heading online now if anyone is ready.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2010, 10:32:59 PM »
I'm going to visit my folks but will be back later and raring for hunting action.
My Game Collection

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 12, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »
Woot!  Finally made it to HR9, and I can finally do the second tier missions!  Thanks, Mop It Up, thatguy, GK, and Lindy!

Barroth was wicked, and I think I had the wrong weapon for the job.  I definitely need to upgrade my armor...badly.   On the plus side, I did learn a lot about how NOT to use traps and tranquilizer bombs.     
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 12, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
Just because Thatguy hates them, I will gladly help out with all lvl 1 quests.

Really the only major use I've been getting out of it is Mop it up saying bless you when I sneeze & me saying thank you in return.
Well that's a pretty important use don't you think?

Well yeah.
Mission...complete?

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 12, 2010, 09:50:12 AM »
Woot!  Finally made it to HR9, and I can finally do the second tier missions!  Thanks, Mop It Up, thatguy, GK, and Lindy!

Barroth was wicked, and I think I had the wrong weapon for the job.  I definitely need to upgrade my armor...badly.   On the plus side, I did learn a lot about how NOT to use traps and tranquilizer bombs.   

Awesome.

Been collecting & using those armor spheres? They help tide you over until you can make something better. Don't forget to make/attach decorations too. Those little stat boosts can make a big difference. 
Mission...complete?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 12, 2010, 05:43:32 PM »

Awesome.

Been collecting & using those armor spheres? They help tide you over until you can make something better. Don't forget to make/attach decorations too. Those little stat boosts can make a big difference. 

Just remember that in most cases, you need +10 points in a skill before decorations do anything at all.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 12, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »
I thought they could randomly help you even when below 10?
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 12, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »
Nope, not in most cases, but a few may activate upon reaching +5.  Most of the time, it's best to slot in decorations according to what your armor gives, or to prevent something negative from your armor from reaching -10.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »
Yeah, I slot mine because the barroth armor can easily give you a negative in the expert category.

I almost want to build a second set of armor solely for when I go out gathering because I could then load up a set with gathering bonuses instead of removing and reattaching different decorations based on what I plan to do.
My Game Collection

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 12, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »
Some noob questions.

Just got this game recently and basically did the tutorial stuff and some of the 1 star quests in single player mode.  Haven't tried online yet.  Kind of curious how that really works especially if you don't have a way to communicate (no wii speak, no keyboard etc.)  Is there a way to find people of similar level in game to do quests?  Should I go and try to upgrade in single player mode first?

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 12, 2010, 10:17:02 PM »
I think that if you get to the point where you beat the Great Jaggi offline then you should be well prepared for online, but really you can come on whenever you want. When you go to a city it will show you the rank of the people who are in it. If you are just starting, look for cities where people are level 8 and under. Otherwise, try to get online with some forumers here, in my experience we are much more helpful, and much more fun to work with than relying on whoever you happen to come across. (also some of the forumers are quite good and high ranking but aren't above helping you finish low level quests, I know Mop it up and thatguy helped me out quite a bit)
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 13, 2010, 04:43:45 AM »
If you press the (-) button a couple of times an on screen keyboard pops up that lets you enter in stuff even without a keyboard. I do recommend picking up wither a WiiSpeak or a keyboard if you do want to play online. Both can be found for pretty cheap. You can also choose from a list of pre-selected phrases  to get your intentions across.

I don't think I've met you before so welcome. Hope to see you online soon.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 13, 2010, 04:52:04 AM »
See shout-outs under the online portion of the menu. You can go with the 12 presets or you can edit them to your liking. Make them things you say often, like "Ah dirty floors..." or "You call yourselves men?!" for example.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 13, 2010, 04:52:48 AM »
I didn't know you could edit them. Good to know.
My Game Collection

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 13, 2010, 01:33:40 PM »
Have to edit some of those...

Is it me or does Capcom's censoring go a bit overboard? I remember typing out "Aw crap..." & crap was replaced by 4 asterisks which actually suggests I said something worse than crap in the first place...

By the way, does anyone know how to hand over items to other players?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:41:44 PM by GK »
Mission...complete?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #524 on: May 13, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »
Better reason to drop EFF-BOMBS over Wii Spaek?