Author Topic: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Game Over.  (Read 17571 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Round 7.
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2022, 10:58:12 PM »
Well, well, well. The second round in a row to go the distance. One spot left for the Final Four. Who will it be, BeautifulShy or MASB?

Let's get some of those toasted nuts that TOPHATANT123 helped get ready. We're going take half of those in a mortar and pestle to crush up very fine. Then sprinkle those crushed nuts unto the noodles and veg. Add the meat and give it all a good toss. Then get your plates and with some tongs just plate up this stirfry from the pan to the dishes. Sprinkle the rest of the whole nuts on top and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil. If you've got a lime then cut it in half and give a squeeze of that over top or cut it into wedges and let everyone squeeze on as much as they'd like.

What do you say to this, BeautifulShy?

Just clank it up any old way
And just whack it up the jacksy
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2022, 01:44:55 AM »
At the risk of adding too much there doesn't seem to be that many new additions so I am going to base a stir-fry around nuts and chicken with some bell peppers and rice.

Here is my take on this satisfying dish.

https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipe/15508_Orange_Cashew_Chicken_Stir_Fry

I hope this dish is wonderful for everyone and I will hope that it is good for their intestines and just whack it up the jacksy

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2022, 03:53:30 PM »
Jamie started laughing. "I don't think you understand that phrase," he said and then explained that he often used the phrase when putting something like herbs into the body cavity of the chicken. It's sort of like sticking something up the butt. Saying you hope it's good for the intestines and to stick the meal up one's butt is kind of funny. Everyone, including BShy had a sensible chuckle over the mistake.

Suddenly MASB burst onto the set. "That ain't no stirfry!" he cried out, "Not until it has my special Jambalaya all smothered on top!" "Oh no! Here we go again," Jamie muttered to himself. "Let me just warm it up in this oven I set to 900 degrees," MASB continued.

"Then after a minute warming up, just take that jambalaya and just clank it up any old way to add on top of the stirfry," MASB explained. But the oven had different ideas...

Everyone fled the set in panic! MASB ran as fast as he could to jump off the pier and onto his airboat. He sped off in it determined to get back to the bayou for safety as quickly as the boat could take him. Sadly, the flaming pot of jambalaya that had exploded from the oven into the air was now descending for a landing and, in an incredible feat of timing, MASB managed to drive his airboat right into the landing zone of the jambalaya causing a big explosion.

Knocked out from the blast MASB lost control of the airboat which ended up veering around and going back to the South Pier where Jamie's Cafe set was located and blew up the whole set and pier.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to move production to my home studio," Jamie said, saddened at another loss.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2022, 04:00:06 PM »
How strange. Another round goes the distance and it ends the same way with the Whack it up the jacksy phrase being the last correct choice again.

Well, folks, welcome to Safe Words 18's FINAL FOUR!! The endgame is upon. My how quickly it happens. Why it only feels like we just started playing this last year and yet here we are. So, who do we have so close to victory and heartache this time? Let's check out the stats!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 04:02:14 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2022, 04:28:30 PM »
TOPHATANT123

-This is his 10th game of playing Safe Words
-Number of Games Hosted: 0
-Number of Wins: 2 (Safe Words 9, Safe Words 15)
-Number of Final Four appearances: 6
-Number of times he's picked the Bomb Word this game: 2 (Round 1, Round 5)

Coming into this game, it was a three person race for who would be the ultimate champion for Season 3 of Safe Words. Mr. Bungle had 187 points, MASB had 181 points and TOPHATANT123 had 180 points. Mr. Bungle went out in Round 5 of this game and now MASB has just been eliminated in Round 7. That means that no matter how he finishes, TOPHATANT123 will be the Season 3 champion. And it's fitting since he has just accomplished something only one other player has been able to do up to this point. He has made the Final Four of Safe Words FOUR times in a row! Safe Words 15, 16, 17 and now 18 have had TOPHATANT123 in the Final Four. The only other player to do this was Unclebob who made the Final Four in Safe Words 1, 2, 3, and 4. He's made it to this spot in over half the games he's played.

In the first two games he played (SW7 and SW8), he was the second player to be eliminated. From those humble beginnings, he has become perhaps the most dominant player in the game right now. He's the player who's come closest to winning back-to-back games. When he won Safe Words 15, he made it to the Final Round of Safe Words 16 but lost in that last round. He's still trying to get that third win which would tie him with ShyGuy for most Safe Words wins and further put his stamp on Safe Words records. In season 3, he has placed 2nd (SW16) and 3rd (SW17). In SW15, he placed 1st. Does this mean the trend is pointing towards him finishing 4th this game? By winning SW9 and SW15, he has so far won a game in every season of Safe Words. Will he be able to keep that streak alive by winning this one?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:52:49 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2022, 05:00:20 PM »
NWR_Insanolord

-This is his 18th game of playing Safe Words
-Number of Wins: 0
-Number of Final Four Appearances: 8
-Number of times he's picked the bomb word this game: 0

It's Mr. Futility himself. Ah, Insanolord, what can we say about this player? What started as a joke about making sure he never won a game seems to have become a curse. I've brought up the lowlights before... so you know I'm going to do it again. :evil; The only player to lose in the opening round in back to back games (SW8 and SW9), he's tied with Lucario and Stratos for the most opening round losses at 3. (1 more and he can have that record all to himself again. 8) ) On the flip side of having a lot of poor starts, he's also had a lot of poor finishes to even things out with 0 wins and 4 losses in the four Final Round appearances he has made (SW7, SW14, SW15, SW17) and the only person to lose back to back Safe Words in the Final Round (SW14, SW15).

And yet, while it is easy to pile on him with these incredible records, I think Insanolord has started to become the lovable underdog of Safe Words and might be everyone else's second choice of who they want to see win a game after themselves. Moreover, due to his perseverance in this game, Insanolord has amassed some pretty impressive stats and records compared to most players. I'll admit right now, Insanolord has better stats than I do at playing this game. This is the 8th time he's made it to the Final Four. That ties him with ShyGuy for the most times a player has made it to the Final Four in Safe Words history. I myself have only made it to the Final Four once in the six times I've played. Insanolord did it in his second game when he placed 3rd in SW2. It took me my 5th game to finally get to the Final Four. (So clearly, I'm the real underdog when it comes to these games. ;) ). He may not have won but he's also the first player to have made it to the Final Round 4 times. The best that other players have done is 3 times. That means that half of the time Insanolord gets to the Final Four, he also gets to the Final Round. That's pretty noteworthy.

Will his perseverance finally pay off? Is 18th time the charm? Will he finally break the Safe Words curse and be Champion? He seemed to imply last game that we were going to keep playing Safe Words until he won a game. Does that mean we'll be playing for years to come? Is this good news for other forum users and Insanolord's therapist or are we at the end of Safe Words time on this forum and we don't even know it yet?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 08:47:04 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2022, 05:24:47 PM »
Mop it up

-This is her 16th game of playing Safe Words
-Number of Games Hosted: 2
-Number of Wins: 1 (Safe Words 8 )
-Number of Final Four appearances: 6
-Number of times she's picked the Bomb Word this game: 1 (Round 4)

Last game, she was lamenting that she had become the dunce of Safe Words after an early in the game exit. Well, looks like fortunes have changed for her this game. This is Mop it up's first time back in the Final Four since Safe Words 17 and marks her 6th time of making the Final Four overall. While that equals her with the number of times TOPHATANT123 has made the Final Four, TOP has the bonus of having won 2 games to her 1. Will Mop it up be able to negate that this game and finally get her second win in Safe Words? Her sole win came in Safe Words 18 when she triumphed over Stratos (how fitting that the forum stats pair would have to face off against each other in a final) so she seems to be one of the few players to get a win without having the easy advantage of facing Insanolord in the final round. Will this be her time to deny Insanolord a victory in the Final Round? She has only made it to the Final Round twice going 1 - 1 reaching that point in Safe Words 6 and Safe Words 8.

While her stats might not seem as impressive as what TOP and Insano have been able to accomplish so far, Mop it up was the overall champion of Safe Words Season 1. Will the OG Season champion take down the soon-to-be-crowned Season 3 champion and show everyone she's still a big threat in this game? Can she get herself back to the Final Round again after all this time or will it be that everyone falls short due to another underdog in this game.....?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:54:01 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2022, 05:40:19 PM »
BeautifulShy

-This is her 5th game of playing Safe Words
-Number of Wins: 0
-Number of Final Four appearances: 2
-Number of times she's picked the Bomb Word this game: 1 (Round 8 )

Although I mentioned Insanolord possibly being an underdog in these games, he still has some impressive records to his name. Compared to everyone else in the Final Four, the underdog moniker fits BeautifulShy more aptly. She's still a rather new player in this game with this just being her fifth time playing. This marks her second time of being able to make the Final Four. The first time she did it was in Safe Words 16 in which she ended up placing 4th. She lost to MASB, TOPHANTANT123 and Mr. Bungle who have been the dominant players of Season 3. On her return to the Final Four this game, only TOPHATANT123 of that trio also returned to the Final Four in this game. Does that perhaps mean that those three are now on the decline and she may be on the rise? She's now at least matched her best finish in this game so far but I'm sure she'd like to keep going further in this game and possibly set a new personal best at the number one position.

But to do so, she's going to have to overcome some pretty tough competition which has been highlighted in the write-ups of the other three contestants in this Final Four. BeautifulShy has finally taken control of the bomb word for this first time this game thanks to being able to make a tough 50/50 decision in the last round. Will that experience help her if she makes it to the Final Round of this game? While controlling the bomb word at this point is often a good position to be in, has the decision suddenly become a curse? In the last two rounds, the person who chose the bomb word ended up being stuck with their selection as Luigi Dude and then MASB both got eliminated by their own choice. Will the same thing now happen to BeautifulShy? Or will Insanolord have to watch yet another player defy the odds and win the game before he does?

It's time to find out the answers to these questions as we now resume the game and see how it all plays out!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 08:51:00 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Round 8.
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2022, 05:52:01 PM »
The Bomb Word has been selected and Round 8 is now live. Once again, TOPHATANT123 will be selecting first.

So, another way to use leftovers is eggs. An omelet or quiche is quick and tasty easy way to make a satisfying meal and add in bits of this and that which you might have lying around. What I'm going to do is a frittata. First get an ovenproof frying pan. Then if there is some meat you want to use up or have on hand, add it to the pan now with a little bit of oil to fry it up. Could be sausages, could be some bacon, or something more lean like chicken or fish. It doesn't matter because we aren't trying to do any specific recipe. We're just trying to construct something that tastes good. Make sure to season the meat and if you've got some herbs or spices you'd like to add like maybe some rosemary or some cayenne for heat then add it or sprinkle it on now.

Next I'm going to get some veg but while I'm doing that I'm going to let TOPHATANT123 say a little something about this:

Not trying to be chef-y here
I’m always burning me nuts
They'll be eating it and saying, "Oh! What is that??"

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2022, 08:20:49 PM »
These are always a fun read Khush. Elimination rounds are always tough in cooking shows, but we've got a really fun roster here. Between reigning champ TopHat, eternal underdog Insano, Mop as the resurgent veteran, and BShy as the up-and-coming talent, it's gonna be another finale for the books!

NWR_Insanolord
And yet, while it is easy to pile on him with these incredible records, I think Insanolord has started to become the lovable underdog of Safe Words and might be everyone else's second choice of who they want to see win a game after themselves.

I don't want to jinx anything. But wouldn't this be a great culmination of storylines in the season(ed) finale?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2022, 12:26:07 AM »
I really enjoy these stats as it builds a narrative and excitement for the final 4.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2022, 12:48:30 AM »
It’s good to know that the F4 traditional write-up is still a highlight for people and something that you enjoy reading because in every game now when we reach it, it can feel like this big unwanted pile of work I now suddenly have on my plate. I start to wonder why I created this monster of having to check over all these past games so thanks for commenting on it. It helps give me a feeling that it was worth it. I agree with Order.RSS that it seemed like the same blend of competitors he listed. And remember, no matter how it turns out, Order.RSS can claim have the victory because he set up the rotation to give that person the road to victory.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 08:52:47 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2022, 12:50:17 AM »
NWR_Insanolord
And yet, while it is easy to pile on him with these incredible records, I think Insanolord has started to become the lovable underdog of Safe Words and might be everyone else's second choice of who they want to see win a game after themselves.

I don't want to jinx anything. But wouldn't this be a great culmination of storylines in the season(ed) finale?

I just low key liked finding another way to highlight number two with Insanolord for this game. :evil;

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2022, 10:41:58 AM »
(Love reading these statistics Khush, your dedication to forum games is indefatigable. Hoping to take the crown in style)

I know what you're all thinking, eggs right, are they vegetarian? Well the way I see it, on a farm when a chicken lays an egg, that egg is unfertilised so whatever you do it's not going to hatch. What else would you do? Take the chicken And just whack it up the jacksy?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2022, 01:40:07 PM »
And with that chicken and egg thought, let's move on to the veg.

Alright, now with the veg, I’m taking some maris piper potatoes and just clanking those up into cubes. I’ve also grabbed a red and green pepper as well as an onion and going to dice these up as well and then put them in the pan to start frying and softening them. I’m also going to take half a chili and finely chop it up and add it for some heat but that’s optional. You can make it as a mild or spicy as you want but you know me. I’m a bit of chili fiend. Season up the veg. Let’s also grab some fresh thyme as well as smoked paprika and add that in with the veg.

Insanolord, what would you like to contribute to this recipe?

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2022, 01:44:37 PM »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2022, 02:32:20 PM »
Well then you may not want to add nuts to the frittata but that's your call.

I'm just going to slice a few cherry tomatoes and spring onions and add that in. Now, depending on the size of your pan, it will affect the number of eggs you can use or need. With this pan, 8 eggs should do me so I'm just going to crack them up and whip em in a bowl. With that done, I'll pour them into the pan and give everything a quick stir and job's a good 'un. Then it is off into a oven for 25 minutes to let them set and bake.

Mop it up, let's hear from you while the frittata is in the oven:

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2022, 06:20:35 PM »
Drat, I never have luck with these. Not trying to be chef-y here but it was nice knowing you, see you in the next game!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2022, 07:58:07 PM »
Drat, I never have luck with these. Not trying to be chef-y here but it was nice knowing you, see you in the next game!

Oh that is so nice of you to wish me well.  See you next game.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 08:08:44 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2022, 08:12:54 PM »
Well, I was in the midst of writing up a post for Mop it up's elimination as she did select incorrectly when boom! All the power went out. It is out from many miles around me. I may be in the center of it. Currently can hear sirens in all sorts of directions. So, gonna be a little while before I can get this game back on track. Gonna preserve battery power for now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2022, 08:18:04 PM »
Stay safe Khush.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2022, 08:22:26 PM »
Awww phooey I knew it! I always have such bad luck with these 50/50 choices! Just the worst. Ah well, good luck folks.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2022, 04:35:18 PM »
"Wait, what do you mean not to chef-y? What's chef-y about this?" asked Jamie.

"Well, if it was me, first of all, I wouldn't go about being all fancy and putting it in an oven. In fact, let me get the one I've been making out of this oven and show you," Mop it up explained.

"Instead, I'd put this in the microwave and just let it nuke the thing on high," Mop it up further demonstrated. "Uhhhh, I don't think that's right..." people in film crew started to say but Mop it up just shot down their objections. "Pish posh! That's just chef snobbery which makes people think you can't use the microwave," Mop it up said confidently. Until....

Fire alarms went off and everyone rushed to evacuate set. Unfortuantely, the damage was already done and the microwave exploded..

Mop it up had just gotten in her car and started to drive away when a flaming microwave door slammed into the side of her car where the gas cap was. The flames quickly ignited the gas fumes and the whole vehicle exploded.

Having seen all that unfold, Jamie said, "I think I'll stick with the oven." With the danger over, the crew then returned to clean up the house and set and try once more to hopefully film one segment that didn't end in horrific disaster.

Well, not to hold things up too much, I'll have to do this post later. In the meantime, I've sent Insanolord a message about selecting the next bomb word. We'll just advance the game and I'll have to finish doing this post later.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:01:49 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Round 9.
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2022, 05:47:26 PM »
Alright. Bomb Word has been chosen.

Starting to feel exhausted by all that problems that had been encountered so far, Jamie decided to try and do something simple. "A common thing that happens for many people is spoiled fruit. You buy some fruit but then it just sits on the counter or you forget about it in the back of the fridge and a couple days later you are looking at it and, oh, it's gone bad, better chuck it in the bin. Loads and loads of fruit get tossed out and wasted like that every year. So, here's some helpful advice to counter that. If you know you aren't going to use the fruit right away or it's been a couple days then freeze it. Berries you can just put em in a bag and freeze 'em whole. With bananas or mangoes or other fruit with a skin, you'll want to peel it and possibly chop it up but once peeled just bag 'em and put them in the freezer. Now you've got something you can use when you are ready for it later to make a quick and healthy breakfast or snack."

"I'm just going to get some fruit that I have in my freezer but while I do that maybe BeautifulShy can say a little bit on this subject."

BeautifulShy is up first. She can select from the following:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 09:08:35 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Safe Words 18: Another Jamie Oliver Cooking Show. Round 9.
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2022, 06:20:23 PM »
Lets go with They'll be eating and saying, "Oh! What is that??"

I will post a recipe later even if this is a bomb word.

Red, White and Blue Fruit Granita

Blueberries, StrawBerries and Whip Cream. Sugar, salt, lemon juice.  Let sit for 30 minutes and freeze fruit mix in two seperate pans for 3 hours. Every 30 minutes of that 3 hours you take out the frozen fruit and mix around the fruits.  Then when the 3 hours are up place the blue berries and strawberries in a cup and add the whip cream.

https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/video/easy-red-white-blue-fruit-granita
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 10:05:47 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss