Author Topic: Episode 43: CharmlessRacer7  (Read 3640 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
Episode 43: CharmlessRacer7
« on: March 05, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »

We welcome Danny, he who has a Nintendo 3DS, to the show for some hands-on impressions.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newscast/25613

This week on NWR Newscast, things go a bit off the rails, as we spend probably far too much time trying to understand how Zach was unable to secure a gamertag on Xbox Live. That said, we have plenty of Nintendo content on tap this week, with lengthy discussions on Pokémon Black and White and Cave Story 3D.

Also, Danny Bivens, our new Japanese Correspondant, join us to talk about his shiny new Nintendo 3DS which he picked up on launch day. Interested in his launch day story?  Tune in!

As always, email us at newscast@nintendoworldreport.com. We're getting lots of great listener mail, and we'll get to it soon, promise.

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 43: CharmlessRacer7
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »
I just wanted to commend the individual who edited last week's podcast, because I really enjoyed the short musical interludes during the earlier half of the show. If you guys ever get around to that DKC3 discussion, such an addition could again prove effective (whether or not they are necessary to fill in the awkward silences).

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »
Thanks OneTwenty, we have some more music again this week :)
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 05:26:43 PM »
I haven't heard this episode yet, but the title immediately reminded me of the "Prince Charmless" puns in Dragon Quest VIII.  Loved that game.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28:29 PM »
Wow. The intro had me laughing so hard. It's wierd--when you're actually recording a podcast, it's like you don't remember all the crap you said or the intonations or whatever. Whenever I listen to Newscast, it's like I don't remember recording all that. Nathan does a brilliant job editing this thing.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 03:02:22 PM »
There is online video chat in Black and White, not just the local stuff.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline happyastoria

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »
This is my first episode and I'm enjoying it! Why didn't I subscribe sooner. Love the dick talk!

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 05:47:53 PM »
Just for the record. Zack didn't do anything wrong. I'm guessing sillysaurus was the name for the offline profile that he set up that is completely wiped as soon as he turns it into a Live profile and reassigns it to a randomly generated name until you use your one free gamertag change. It all happened with the update last fall. gotta support my fellow dinosaur nerd there.
"Fear of blood tends to create fear of the flesh"

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
See, guys? SEE? Thanks, randomflashbang. Totally gonna change my gamertag one of these days. Maybe after I beat Meat Boy (it's so good).
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »
Retail PC releases of indie games happen a lot in some regions. Here in Germany almost anything that's successful on Steam hits retail. It's often overpriced (20€ for Magicka?) but hey, that's the packaging premium.

BTW, Team Meat stated that the PC version made them more money than the 360 one.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »
Is every episode gonna feature Zach singing?   :Q

How about Zach singing his entire Pokemon review?

Also Smugleaf  for ever.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:38:41 PM by KisakiProject »

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Would it make Nathan jealous to know that I read Crime & Punishment while studying abroad in St. Petersburg?
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
Fun show as always, especially the intro and the ending.  The interview was also nice, although the volume was much lower for that part on my iPod than the rest of the show, and Dan's audio in particular was very uneven.

Additionally, cats>>>dogs.  Why, I remember this one time shortly after I got my cat...

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 01:14:17 AM »
Has Vudu or Uncle Bob ever appeared on the Radio Trivia Podcast?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 01:04:02 PM »
They're moderators, not staff. That means they have all responsibility and grueling work of being staff without all the fun parts like free games and being on podcasts and going to E3.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 09:34:17 PM »
Whoops...wrong thread!
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost