Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 368447 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
So, how bad are the vikings doing now...

Hmm, 4-7, better then I was expecting...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Awful, awful loss for the Browns yesteday. The defense got 4 turnovers and 2 defensive touchdowns off one of the most explosive offenses in the league, pressured Luck all day, but the offense couldn't do anything at all. I have to imagine Brian Hoyer's now played his last game as a Brown.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Does San Diego even realize that they have a football team? The Chargers were getting booed out of their own stadium and everyone was chanting Brady. If it wasn't for the field I would have thought that was a home game for the Patriots.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Vikings now 6-7,

We're making a Comeback, you'd better believe it.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
The NFL...where reaching for the goal line is not considered a "football move".
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
Holy ****, that unexpectedly became one of the greatest football games I've ever seen in the final minutes. One of the all time greatest playoff collapses by the Packers. Seattle's a team of destiny, they can't be stopped.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Agreed. That was simply amazing.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I could tell something happened because the neighbors were screaming like an ax murderer was in their midst doing his thing. I then realized this was Sunday and not Saturday and ran to check the score. What a finish that was. I predict a mediocre Superbowl. Hawks will "earn" the Superbowl in the semi-finals like they did last year.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Yeah, the Patriots are pretty decent.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I still had people still yelling Seahawks at me on the street an hour after the game.

Hawks and Patriots, this should be interesting.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'm going to come out and say it that the NFL needs to sit down and do something about there team.  Its not a competitive league.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm happy someone from my Division even made it to the Championships but, there was this interesting stat that they popped up during the game.  Tom Brady has played in more Post Season games than 21 FRANCHISES.  That's a little wrong and shows you that you don't have a competitive organization.  If you want to Win in the NFL there is only a handful of teams that can get you there is what that says.  Which is not good for the game.

Poor Packers...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
With the Seahawks game I went from shouting at the screen to screaming at it.

I had a bad omen at the beginning as I got confused about the start time and turned the game on when it was already halfway through the first quarter.  So already I'm in a bad mood and Seattle is down by six and is just playing like ****.  I spent 90% of that game in a downer mood, complaining about how embarrassing it was for them to end the season with such a lame performance.  I'm a Canucks fan.  I've seen the "let the fans get emotionally invested in you only for you to **** the bed when it matters" routine many times before.  It feels like a con, like you were a sucker to get excited in the first place.  It's not a con if your team plays well but loses.  It's a con when they play so poorly it looks like they're not even trying.

And then they go and pull this miracle victory completely out of their asses!  This must feel awful for Packer fans.  Once the Hawks got the onside kick my assumptions completely flipped.  "They're going to do this! Holy ****!"  There were Seahawk players crying after the game.  I was just shocked.  Throughout the rest of the day I kept asking my brother if it really happened.  Even now it doesn't seem real.

Now we face the Patriots who are my absolute least favourite team.  I've never cared for Tom Brady.  I remember an interview a few years back, where he was talking about being drafted in the sixth round and was crying about it!  "Well I've won three Superbowls, I'm a millionaire married to a supermodel, I'm the greatest player in Patriots history, a sure-lock hall of famer and in the discussion as the greatest quarterback of my generation.  I have proven every doubter wrong... but I was slighted in the draft and it still hurts so much that I'm crying like a baby even though being drafted PERIOD is an opportunity that most people never get in the first place."  What a fucking entitled prick.  Everything has worked out for him but he whines and cries about a teeny tiny speed bump along the way.

Of course with my favourite team against my least favourite team, this makes my personal stakes in the Superbowl that much greater.  With last year's win I can live with them losing this year but losing to New England?  Letting Tom Brady get a fourth ring?  Ugh, that would really annoy me.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Tom Brady has played in more Post Season games than 21 FRANCHISES.  That's a little wrong and shows you that you don't have a competitive organization.  If you want to Win in the NFL there is only a handful of teams that can get you there is what that says.  Which is not good for the game.

The only thing it shows is that there are less than 32 decent quarterbacks in the league right now.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
7.1BILLION PEOPLE ON EARTH AND ONLY 5 GREAT QUARTERBACKS. That speaks to me in a "pale blue dot" kinda way.

Tom Brady has been the best QB of all time for 6 years now but he hasn't done much to widen the gap since then. If he wins another then I think he puts a little more room between him and Joe.

I still can't believe I watched Packers choke away another playoff game. I didn't think I could see anything worse than the "4th and 26" game years ago against the Eagles. This one is going to sting for a loooooong time. :(  Still, they had a great season and there's always next year!
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Did you guys watch the same game I did? Apparently you did not. My bad.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:47:28 AM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
I'm not sure which last play you're talking about...the last play was a (perfect) touchdown pass, the last play in the regular game was a field goal. I don't think there was a single roughing the passer call in the game (there was a blindside hit called, 100% correctly, against Clay Matthews (who really should have been ejected for that). There was only one pass interference call and it was against Seattle. The Packers weren't snubbed, they just made a huge mistake on the onside kick and lost because of it. I can only assume you're making stuff up, or talking about their game from September 2012 with the replacement refs.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
Yeah, I searched for highlights from a playoff game since I wasn't able to watch it and got the highlights from a different game. Completely idiotic on my part. I'll go watch the real games highlights.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
Ahem...yeah...

That game was amazing.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
You're excused for not keeping up with either team, but Golden Tate has been playing for the Lions all season so that would have been a giveaway...

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Ballghazi might be the stupidest controversy in the history of the big four American sports + NFL.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
It arguably would not have changed the outcome of the game, however it's still cheating. The balls had ~15% less pressure in them which makes them much easier to catch.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
I don't condone cheating, but I just love Belichick's insanity. To even think of the plan to slightly deflate all the balls to give yourself an advantage is crazy, let alone to actually do it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
How many Super Bowls is Pete Carroll going to have to win to get people to stop talking about that play call?

J.P. Corbran

Offline Soren

• View Profile
It's almost like Seattle really thought the Patriots were going to let them score to get the ball back.