Author Topic: Official NFL Discussion: If You Only Count The Legal Points, KC Wins  (Read 367343 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Official 2011 NFL Discussion: Lockout, schmockout!
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2011, 07:20:20 PM »
The Eagles should be the most terrifying team, but they just can't seem to get their team together. If they don't do something drastic, they are going to fall apart.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:55 PM »
Buffalo and Detroit are the only unbeaten teams.

The NFC East is upside down from everyone's prediction.

My picks for this week were an exact mirror of Neal's.

THE **** IS GOING ON HERE?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2011, 08:07:24 PM »
The Eagles should be the most terrifying team, but they just can't seem to get their team together. If they don't do something drastic, they are going to fall apart.

Mike Vick needs to not get hit every time he throws the ball. The team's weakness is in the offensive line. He's nervous in the pocket and makes bad decisions because of it. Cutler has a similar problem only he's actually getting sacked and is also a worse QB.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2011, 10:46:54 PM »
Colt McCoy didn't look too great for most of that game, but I got really excited for the team's future watching him drive them down the field 80 yards for the game-winning touchdown at the end.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
We have a new champion for the week: congrats to Daniel! That Seattle victory put you over the top: what made you think they'd win?

Anyhow, it was generally an exciting week with tons of surprises, although many of the close games were less fun to watch than the results would indicate. I'm glad I'm enough of an alchie to hit up a sports bar at 10 AM, because having only the Niners game on TV is my personal idea of hell.

Regarding the surprises, I'm still pretty comfortable thinking that most of the major upsets are one-offs, although I agree with nickmitch that the Eagles are going to continue being in trouble if they don't fix their O-Line quickly. Luckily, that's the type of thing you can address with scheming. Unluckily, most of those schemes require you to sacrifice speed and flexibility...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2011, 12:59:57 PM »
Wow I actually won a week. About the Seahawk vote I would like to say that it was some strategic edge I saw over the Cardnials but I gotta say I was just going with one of my favorite teams. Seahawks and the Eagles are my 2 main teams. I probably should have went with the Giants over the Eagles this past week since the Vick injury but I went with the Eagles anyway.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:15 AM »
As a Bills fan, I am so happy right now. First place in the AFC East at 3-0, beat the Patriots for the first time in 8 years, and they look very good as a team right now (and leading the league in points scored at 113, second place are the Patriots and Saints at 104).

BTW Shaymin, the Packers are also undefeated still too.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2011, 11:58:57 AM »
*whew* 

Super-busy week means I literally had no time to get my picks in until five minutes ago, just missing the cutoff. In any case, good luck to everyone, and let's hope for some good football!

About the Seahawk vote I would like to say that it was some strategic edge I saw over the Cardnials but I gotta say I was just going with one of my favorite teams. Seahawks and the Eagles are my 2 main teams. I probably should have went with the Giants over the Eagles this past week since the Vick injury but I went with the Eagles anyway.

Nothing wrong with playing your favorites: it paid off with the Seahawks, and I at least thought that the Eagles would win the Giants game. I'm curious though, how'd you come to be a fan of the Seahawks? Is it the bird theme? Be honest! :P

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:05 PM »
Well it mainly comes from the fact that the team is up in Washington state. As everyone knows NOA is up there. Also I was a fan of Matt Halselbeck when he was up there. It just kinda stuck. With Baseball one of my teams is the Mariners.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »
I made a concerted effort to watch the games that were airing on TV.  I don't have a VHF antenna at the moment so I can't get CBS and Fox decided too air Soccer...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2011, 07:26:15 AM »
Woohooo.  I am the official Point leader for last week.  I should have went with my gut on Kansas City but I remembered how hard they let me down the first week.  Oh well.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2011, 11:01:21 AM »
Woohooo.  I am the official Point leader for last week.  I should have went with my gut on Kansas City but I remembered how hard they let me down the first week.  Oh well.

Congrats! Although you could also say that you were (once again) smart to pick the Titans when most of us dismissed them. This is also the second straight week where a non-staff member won it, which is super-impressive because we totally don't outnumber them or anything.  ;)

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #112 on: October 05, 2011, 11:05:14 AM »
Wow. I was tied for first this week. I chuckled at the fact that I was the only guy who picked the Chiefs.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
Wow. I was tied for first this week. I chuckled at the fact that I was the only guy who picked the Chiefs.

If you had, you'd not only have won the week, you'd be alone in the lead for the year as well, rather than the four-way tie we've got going on.

So why the lack of faith in the Vikings and, now that the Chiefs are off their schedule, do you think they'll win a game this season?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2011, 07:45:05 PM »
Well, I'm betting on KC this week, so...

Buffalo, Kansas City, Arizona, Jersey/A, Tennessee, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Oakland, San Francisco, San Diego, New England, Green Bay and Detroit (63).

I'd normally pick Houston, but with Al Davis passing today... Oakland's gonna JUST WIN, BABY. (God, I feel dirty saying that).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »
Your "faith" in the West warms my heart (and boggles my mind! :P).

Lots of tough picks this week, and some of the CBS odds kind of surprise me. Maxi and I will probably be the only ones still voting for Phillidelphia. I'm rolling the dice on Tennessee, Jacksonville (...) and Indy, hoping that Minnesotta finally gets over the hump, going with Tampa (still somehow not sold on SF), and sticking with the obvious favorites on all the rest.

Fun fact: the Panthers games may be the toughest games left on New Orleans' schedule!

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2011, 01:24:32 PM »
Well, the Titans have been pretty good so far, but the Falcons are always the toughest on the Saints schedule.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »
What about that Seattle win hey?  I'm going to have to find the Highlights on that one.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »
I assume that's sarcasm.

I wouldn't say the Titans have been pretty good, especially given their performance yesterday (although that was probably the best executed onside kick in a long time...but then again, Pittsburgh's fake punt was probably the best executed in a long time too).

The Colts disappointed me once again, but it shows that they should have been playing Painter all along, at least you can always count on the Pats...unless they play the Bills.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »
Yikes, didn't see that Titans game yesterday. At this rate, the toughest team left on the schedule might be the Lions.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:01 PM »
I rolled the dice, and got snake-eyes. I don't even want to look at the results for the weekend...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:21 PM »
I'm not playing but here are my picks for next week

Carolina (should be a CLOSE GAME
Pittsburgh
Washington (should be a GREAT GAME)
Green Bay
Buffalo (should be a GREAT GAME)
Detroit (should be a CLOSE GAME)
Cincinnati
Oakland
Baltimore (should be a CLOSE GAME)
New Orleans (should be a GREAT GAME)
New England (should be a CLOSE GAME)
Chicago
New York Jets

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »
All of next week looks pretty clear cut.  No one jumps out at me as an upset.  Which has me worried.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2011, 03:56:12 PM »
All of next week looks pretty clear cut.  No one jumps out at me as an upset.  Which has me worried.

"Jaguars set new NFL record, win by 100 points."

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2011, 04:06:30 PM »
Maybe Crimm....But like I said, there are a couple close games.

Atlanta is playing at home and could beat Cam Newton (even though he is a baller). After all, Chicago did it.

As for Detroit vs. San Fran, San Fran played a spectacular game the past two weeks and are red hot. Johnson is the best receiver to grace the NFL, but Stanford was looking a bit shaky against Chicago despite Peppers being out most the game. I expect San Fran to bring the heat, since Chicago couldn't.

New England vs. Dallas should be difficult for the Pats, but they should win. However, lots of things could go wrong. Brady has been throwing a lot of interceptions these past 5 games. I expect that to bite him in the ass.

Texans have been playing well, but despite that fact, they seem to lose. Baltimore hasn't been playing great, but their defense has. Defense always trumps offense in my mind. That's the only reason why I'm picking them.