Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674329 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: NBA Thread: Out for the Season (Broken Hand)
« Reply #1875 on: November 16, 2019, 04:31:21 AM »
Hornets have a 5-7 record which is more than anyone was thinking they would get to at this point in the season but they have been playing some surprising basketball lately while also developing as a young team. Here is the latest instance of that play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qrk3cHuBiQ
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: November 16, 2019, 11:44:40 AM »
... but AD got the block of the year.

I dunno. It might've been block of the year (so far) if Barnes hadn't been tripping all over himself on the drive.  In terms of importance to the win, it might still be a candidate.  But the block wasn't really that impressive when you consider that Barnes was out of control and barely staying on his feet instead of going up strong.

... Celtics have the best record in the league going into tonights game at 9-1 ...

Are people buying into the Celtics this year?

I'm not quite sure how to assess them yet. Their schedule has looked soft, with only three meaningful games and only one of those three being away from home. That said, winning is the ultimate metric.  They just haven't convinced me (yet) that they are a contender instead of a pretender - although "one piece away" certainly sounds appropriate.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 18, 2019, 04:28:35 PM »
The Kings ended the Celtics winning streak which means the Lakers are currently the best team in the NBA by record. I told myself I wouldn’t celebrate until the team was at least 10 games above .500. They are nine games above .500. I’m still skeptical of this team (unless/until they end up with Andre Iguodala). But man, that Danny Green dunk.

D’Angelo Russell injures his thumb and is out for two weeks. What is with this team and hand injuries? Anyway, a whole year without Steph Curry and Klay Thompson is bad for the NBA. Full stop. I feel bad for Draymond Green. He’s not having fun out there. If the Warriors win the lottery this year, the league better watch the **** out next year (by packaging it with Russell).

Side-bar: it would really great if the Knicks slipped in the draft again because EPSN’s analysts dunking on the Knicks gives me life.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: November 18, 2019, 09:40:20 PM »
Injury bug is hopefully done feeding on the Warriors.

I'm just happy we stayed in the game up till the end against the Pels.
less than a 10 point loss is an improvement and a small moral victory.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1879 on: November 19, 2019, 05:24:50 PM »
No not D'lo. I miss seeing him play and be all dazzling on the court. This has got to be either the worst luck or the best luck if you are aiming for an high draft pick with the latter.  Not what I was expecting when the season started for the Warriors. 

This past week has been great for highlights so here they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDbwut_WIFc
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 19, 2019, 06:44:46 PM »
I’m fairly confident Ja Morant personally made that highlight reel.

RE Warriors: they weren’t winning a championship this year with Klay Thompson’s coming back in February/March. He’d have to work himself into playing shape while building chemistry with the rest of the team. Not impossible, but from a practical standpoint, resting two all-stars after five straight Finals appearances as well as tanking without tanking for a lottery pick will put the Warriors in a much better spot moving forward. If you’re not going to win, you might as well be really bad. People were writing the Warriors off after Kevin Durant left, weirdly forgetting how good they were without him. Granted, the Andre Iguodala trade and retirement of Shaun Livingston hurt the team’s depth. Still, the Warriors will have two good assets to help improve, three if they’re willing to part with Draymond Green which they won’t (and shouldn’t).

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1881 on: November 19, 2019, 07:18:17 PM »
I mean if you look at the Lakers last year and how LeBron missed the playoffs for the first time since I think 2008 it has rejuvinated him this season. So the Warriors should be scary next year. If the Warriors get the 1st pick in the draft they will likely pick James Wiseman for the center spot and he is a 7'1" center and can stretch the floor.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1882 on: November 20, 2019, 12:55:27 AM »
Carmelo Anthony had his first game for the Blazers tonight versus the Pels and he started and he did fairly well in the time he was out there and with very little notice on being on the court with his new team.  There was a back to back so he only had shootaround with the coaches. Here is the post game interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTXZtwmiYCE
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: November 20, 2019, 01:21:41 AM »
Lakers win despite letting Dennis Schröder score 31 points. They’re winning a lot of games they don’t deserve to which is concerning. It’s frustrating watching the Lakers repeatedly give up double digit leads. They let the Thunder get within four by giving up a 7-0 run with under three minutes to play. How does that even...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 07:01:23 AM by Adrock »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1884 on: November 20, 2019, 04:26:36 AM »
I think what the Lakers were doing defensively was to prevent Chris Paul and Steven Adams from scoring and letting others beat them.  I also think the exit of Kuzma in the 2nd quarter because of a Darius Basley finger to the eye caused him to go to the locker room and they didn't have that scoring and improved defense from Kuzma and that caused the starters to play more. The Lakers bench only scored 27 points as a whole and Schroder out scored the Lakers bench with 31.  It was tense watching the Lakers down the stretch but KCP was clutch once again in the 4th quarter and through most of the game offensively in the absence of Avery Bradley at the point guard spot.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 20, 2019, 05:52:00 AM »
you can't bury the lead and not say that the Warriors won tonight. LOL

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1886 on: November 20, 2019, 04:22:52 PM »
I get to go to my second Suns game tomorrow The Suns are at home and are facing the Pelicans.  Ingram went off versus the Blazers with 21 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists.  As for the Suns they have had Baynes out and an not 100% Rubio playing the past few games. Hopefully they can play to get some simblence of passing out there without taxing Booker too much with that. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 22, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »
*sigh*

I see the Jazz continue to play down to their opponents. All these years, and all these roster changes, and fans are still seeing this team do the exact same thing the post-Stockton/Malone Jazz always do.

How are us Jazz fans supposed to buy into this story management's been spinning since the off-season that this team is a legitimate championship contender when we're going to the wire and/or getting blown out by the likes of the Grizzlies; the Timberwolves; the Kings; & the (worst in the league) Warriors? The Finals-era Jazz of the 90s would be grinding their inferiors into the ground & then stomping on their necks for good measure (possibly literally).

Well, at least we won. Sheesh, our bench needs Ed Davis back from injury...soon. I see the Corpse of Dante Exum is maintaining his 2 points-per-game average. Glad we held onto him all these years! I see all that time in development was well worth it! I can't think of any player we possibly could have playing backup PG/SG that could possibly improve upon those stats, not to mention actually manage to play without career-ending injuries.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 11:31:13 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 23, 2019, 06:04:13 AM »
3 points..... so close.
we almost beat the Jazz with the decapitated zombie corpse of the Warriors.
3 points. That's another moral victory in our books. lol

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1889 on: November 23, 2019, 11:34:42 AM »
NBA considering in-season tournament, play-in for bottom two seeds in each conference, re-seeding at conference final level

I don't see the point of the tourney, but I do like the play-in concept even if it seems odd (7 plays 8 for the 7 seed, loser plays winner of the 9-10 seeds for the 8 seed) and single game eliminators can be incredibly fluky.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: November 23, 2019, 06:47:13 PM »
I don't like any of the proposed changes other than shortening the season. I never thought the NBA would consider it due to the potential lost revenue.

Re-seeding the semi-finals round would be a strange choice. Woj mentioned the WNBA "seeding teams in the playoffs without regard to conference for several seasons" and that makes more sense. If they're going to do this, it should be for the entire playoffs, not just the semi-finals round.

Conference and division dictate how often teams play against one another during the regular season. According to the internetz, here's how often teams play against each other currently:
  • 4 games against the other 4 division opponents (4×4=16 games)
  • 4 games* against 6 (out-of-division) conference opponents (4×6=24 games)
  • 3 games against the remaining 4 conference teams (3×4=12 games)
  • 2 games against teams in the opposing conference (2×15=30 games)
* A five-year rotation determines which out-of-division conference teams are played only 3 times.
That said, if they're going to futz with the playoff seeding, it may be worth reexamining the regular season structure of how often teams play each other. Maybe make it random? For example, the Rockets may play the Knicks four times one year, three times another year etc.

With the proposed changes, sounds like eight teams would be taken from each conference: top six then the two from the tournament. I'm with Shaymin here. I'm not seeing the point of the tournament. It just seems to complicate things. Just take the top 16 teams regardless of conference (i.e. 1 would play 16, 2 would play 15 etc).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 23, 2019, 07:55:27 PM »
maybe the tourney is the option of compromise they use to push the rest of the change, while tossing the tourney? gotta over reach and negotiate back to what you really want. Make it seem like your giving up something in compromise to get what you really wanted all along.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 23, 2019, 10:38:17 PM »
Lakers with an extremely sloppy win. Kuzma had two huge mistakes in the final minute. Sheesh.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1893 on: November 26, 2019, 04:25:37 PM »
This Lakers team is so much fun to watch. On a 8 game win streak.

For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUpcMtpfq9k
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 26, 2019, 06:21:13 PM »
The Lakers stress me out. They keep falling behind double digits. Last night was the first game in a while I didn’t feel nervous throughout the game.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 27, 2019, 12:48:30 AM »
I gotta get my nba streams up on my SheildTV.
I suppose I could cast from my phone, but this pos is unreliable, and I need a new one.

I tried to watch the last Lakers game on TV, and I think it was only on NBATV in my area (which I don't have), so I just watched something else instead.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1896 on: November 27, 2019, 08:59:52 PM »
Well tonight is one of those marquee games.  Anthony Davis is returning to the only team he knew before being traded. On the flip side Lonzo, Ingram and Hart will be playing against the team that drafted and traded them a few months back.

For tonight though Ingram and Hart will be playing for the Pels.  They will be without Favors and Lonzo tonight. Personal reasons for Favors and a stomach virus for Lonzo.
Lakers will be without Bradley. KCP will likely start again at point guard.

Without Favors the Pels don't have the best front court to go up against McGee, AD, Howard, Kuzma or LeBron.

Lakers should use that advantage to win.  They will have to keep an eye out for Ingram who has been a 25 point game player this season. 

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 27, 2019, 09:08:56 PM »
I want to say the Lakers should steamroll the Pelicans on talent alone, but since this is the Lakers, they’ll probably fall behind by 18 points against another sub-.500 team because reasons.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 28, 2019, 12:40:28 AM »
...since this is the Lakers, they’ll probably fall behind by 18 points against another sub-.500 team because reasons.
The Lakers fell behind by 15 points. My bad.

Davis with the steal and free throws to ice the game. Jebus, those last few minutes were intense. I like close games, but it’s so stressful when actively rooting for one of the teams.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1899 on: November 28, 2019, 01:05:51 AM »
...since this is the Lakers, they’ll probably fall behind by 18 points against another sub-.500 team because reasons.
The Lakers fell behind by 15 points. My bad.

Davis with the steal and free throws to ice the game. Jebus, those last few minutes were intense. I like close games, but it’s so stressful when actively rooting for one of the teams.
Kuzma came a live after AD had his arm tugged on by Hart.  Howard and Daniels played well off the bench.  Caruso was pretty key in locking down Jrue in the second half.  The refs played to much of a factor this game. This game was tense to watch till the final buzzer.
Alexis, she/her/Miss