Author Topic: Switch Discussion Thread (Year 3: But where are the folders??!?!)  (Read 276086 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Discussion Thread (Year 2: Joy-Con Boogaloo)
« Reply #1150 on: January 07, 2019, 02:05:50 PM »
you have and played the game too?

No, I'm kinda "meh" on the Lego franchise, tbh.

Well, my daughter likes them. they are right on her difficulty level.
I find them rather simple, and basically the same games with different settings.

But I posted about it on ERA and no one that replied seemed to have any issues with the game, but most of them didn't specify which system it was for.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1151 on: January 07, 2019, 08:46:04 PM »

I find them rather simple, and basically the same games with different settings.

I figured.  I have the same opinion as you.  I know my nephew really likes them though.  Easy way for him to enjoy his favorite franchises (Avengers, Star Wars, etc).

But I posted about it on ERA and no one that replied seemed to have any issues with the game, but most of them didn't specify which system it was for.

That's really strange.  Are you on a cart?  I wonder if it's defective somehow?  I'm not even sure if that's a thing.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 07, 2019, 08:53:24 PM »
Save your money Adrock, it needs more.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 08, 2019, 02:35:42 AM »
Funnily enough I saw that Lego game for $75 new at Gamestop today.

But I'm chiming in to say that, due to a new job milestone I've been holding out on, I finally picked myself up a switch.

First of all, I was shocked at how small the thing is. I knew it wouldn't be big, but damn, it's not much bigger than one of the jumbo Android phones you see around.

Secondly, I'm actually impressed at how slick the whole enterprise is. I set it up in a few minutes, it updated itself and the controllers in a few minutes (while Smash Bros. apparently updated in the background without my having to do anything), and in general all of the menus and and UI action are super snappy. Granted, I'm coming from having a 5-year-old phone and a WiiU as my last console, but this is an impressively put together interface. And, although I probably won't use the feature much, the whole pulling the Switch in and out of the dock thing is very smooth.

The Joy Cons, while also being tinier than I expect, feel pleasant to use and fit surprisingly well into my large hands. I didn't buy a pro controller pending breaking out the console, but I see no reason why I won't be able to just stick with these. I was reminded very quickly of how much I liked the split controller configuration of the Wii. We did play a round of Smash with the split Joy Cons, which is funny that it's even possible, but I can't see anyone other than a little kid being able to really use the controllers this way for a traditional game.

On another note, we had to drive 30 miles to a Fry's that had 3rd party Gamecube adapters in stock, and then discovered upon returning to town that not a single place had used or new official Gamecube controllers. The Gamestop clerk said that they don't even sell them in their stores anymore, and immediately process them for online sales. On Amazon it looks like they're going for $45 used. Which is insane. I gave up and bought some third party knock-offs that appear to have licensed the mold ($16 a piece), and they seem completely fine.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 18, 2019, 12:56:51 AM »

I figured.  I have the same opinion as you.  I know my nephew really likes them though.  Easy way for him to enjoy his favorite franchises (Avengers, Star Wars, etc).

That's really strange.  Are you on a cart?  I wonder if it's defective somehow?  I'm not even sure if that's a thing.

It is a cart. I requested an exchange on Amazon since that's where I bought it. (Never heard back from Tt Games, BTW)
It arrived today, and thankfully the game saves to the system. It also loaded faster, and allowed us to switch characters almost instantly instead of taking 7-15 seconds.

We only got to play with it for maybe 7-10 minutes but I really think I might've had a defective cart.
I'll let you all know tomorrow or later this weekend when we can really take it for a test play.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1155 on: January 18, 2019, 01:33:36 PM »
I'm interested to hear if that fixes the issue.  I assume defective carts are possible, but I have no idea if that's an actual thing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: January 21, 2019, 02:26:11 AM »
Update: the game definitely loads character switches so much quicker. almost instantly in comparison to the 7-15 seconds it took previously

The game did the character control glitch again, but we were able to get around it this time by having the stuck player drop out, and the other character switch to the stuck character, then the other player switch back in. now both characters were working again.

I'll update again after trying overworld billboards/puzzles and character create again.

the good news is that it hasn't crashed, not even once.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:45:41 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1157 on: January 21, 2019, 01:21:59 PM »
Wow. Sounds like it might've been a defective cart afterall.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: January 21, 2019, 05:11:58 PM »
That is weird. Never heard of such a thing. I remember I had some games that locked up on the Wii U, but the locks up all but went away after a system update.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: January 21, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »
I've heard of a few cases of defective Switch game cards, but they didn't work at all.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 14, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
So with the Direct's dust settling, 2019 is quickly looking like another stacked year for Nintendo, no?

Announced:
January: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Fitness Boxing (December in Japan/Europe)
February: Tetris 99 (publisher)
March: Yoshi's Crafted World, Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS), DLC for Captain Toad
April: Box Boy!+Box Girl!, Shovel Knight expansions (Japan), new Starlink Starfox content (Ubisoft)
May: --------
June: Super Mario Maker 2
July: Fire Emblem Three Houses
August: Astral Chain (publisher)
'Summer': Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (publisher), Daemon X Machina (publisher)

No dates yet for:
Animal Crossing
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening remake
Luigi's Mansion 3 (maybe October for Halloween?)
Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield ("late 2019", previous entries were November 16th)
Town (GameFreak RPG)

Can we assume all of the titles with still-unknown dates indeed make it into 2019? They seem confident on Zelda, Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion - I could see Pokémon running into a delay perhaps? Not sure on the size of the Town project, could just be an eShop game.
Assuming they do publish all of the above in 2019, Nintendo could fill almost every upcoming month with 1 big game already. And that's if they don't announce any further games for this calendar year. (Not sure how likely that is, as it would entail that E3 and further Directs would only focus on Q1 & Q2 of 2020 or beyond).

Stacked year? Note how this assumes Bayonetta 3 is a 2020 release earliest, too.
EDIT: Pokémon Sword/Shield announced for late 2019, so a November or early December release seems likely.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:58:29 AM by Steefosaurus »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1161 on: February 14, 2019, 10:22:58 PM »
I think we can assume the "2019" games all make it.  The biggest risk to me would be Pokemon, but really only if it's meant to release alongside new hardware, and that new hardware got delayed. 

The rest of the games seem shaky because we've seen so little of them, but that's what the E3 Direct is for.  They may not have the big show-stealer this year, but the lineup they have is quite excellent as it is.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 15, 2019, 12:16:31 AM »
Hey now, May isn't blank. Assassin's Creed III Remastered and Team Sonic Racing have your back, fam!  ;D

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 15, 2019, 05:55:54 AM »
Hey now, May isn't blank. Assassin's Creed III Remastered and Team Sonic Racing have your back, fam!  ;D

Yeah obviously it won't just be a month where nothing releases, but I was trying for an overview of 1st party and Nintendo-published titles, since they seem to be aiming for 1 game a month with Switch so far. I guess the Ubisoft-made Starlink content doesn't fall under either of those, but it uses a Nintendo property so I figured it counts. They could give that game another push before E3, call it the new Star Fox Racing game haha.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 27, 2019, 07:16:32 PM »
So I took my Switch on the road for the first time this weekend. I had two five-hour train rides, and knew I wouldn't be able to read the whole time. I got about 1.5 hours of Rabbids Kingdom Battle in each way. Worked great, looked good!

I'm going to be a rare user of this function, but it's still a really pleasing option to have. Very happy with the console.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 27, 2019, 10:27:19 PM »
So I took my Switch on the road for the first time this weekend. I had two five-hour train rides, and knew I wouldn't be able to read the whole time. I got about 1.5 hours of Rabbids Kingdom Battle in each way. Worked great, looked good!

I'm going to be a rare user of this function, but it's still a really pleasing option to have. Very happy with the console.

Awesome! Do you mean actually using the kickstand and in "table" mode using your seatback tray? When I do that I feel simultaneously cool and really, really conspicuous, haha. But just like you, I don't really have many opportunities for that. Mostly I just use it pure handheld mode for twenty or so minutes while standing in the subway cars... I need to take more train rides in my life.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 27, 2019, 10:28:39 PM »

We also need May to finish up the FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII playthroughs we started in April right?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #1167 on: February 28, 2019, 08:22:38 AM »

We also need May to finish up the FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII playthroughs we started in April right?

And Dragon's Dogma, plus there's two good Resident Evil games in May.

And Saints Row The Third (shoutout to Mark)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 01, 2019, 07:19:27 AM »

Awesome! Do you mean actually using the kickstand and in "table" mode using your seatback tray? When I do that I feel simultaneously cool and really, really conspicuous, haha. But just like you, I don't really have many opportunities for that. Mostly I just use it pure handheld mode for twenty or so minutes while standing in the subway cars... I need to take more train rides in my life.

Ha, I had honestly forgot about the kickstand, never used it. I already felt like the coolest guy on the branch line.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 14, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »
So two things that are starting to bug the **** out of me, but are in truth very minor:

-Why the hell can't I turn this console off. I want to just power off from the damn UI. You can instantly jump back to the home screen, but you can only put it into sleep mode. I rarely want the console asleep instead of just being off. Maybe there's not that big of difference or something, but I really don't like leaving it running, and feel like I shouldn't have to go over to the stand and hold the button for 30 seconds to get the option to turn it off. Am I just missing something?

-While the Gamecube controller integration is great, it's very annoying that I can't get back to the Home menu from Smash Brothers (or Odyssey). I really wish they had included a "close software" main menu option in these games, or did some silly button press hack to humor GC controller diehards.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: March 14, 2019, 09:47:28 PM »
Also, it is now Year 3 and I've been waiting to see which of my suggested subtitles that I posted earlier in this thread will be selected for the main title of the thread now.

I mean, I know that that they are all winners but which one is the actual winner?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1171 on: March 15, 2019, 10:06:27 AM »
Year 3: The Third One.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 15, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »
That doesn't rhyme. If you are going to go with a non-rhyming subtitle then it should at least be Tokyo Drift in honor of the greatest subtitle for a third entry in a series.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:07 PM »
Year 3: Now with online that isn't free.

Probably need to trim it down a bit.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 15, 2019, 01:30:40 PM »
Year 3: Now with online that isn't free.

Probably need to trim it down a bit.

Year 3: New Funky Online Mode!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast