Author Topic: Pokemon Battle Revolution--is it worth it?!  (Read 8877 times)

Offline UniversalJuan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Pokemon Battle Revolution--is it worth it?!
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 06:39:41 PM »
All Pokemon console games have sucked after Stadium 2 due to the removal of the single best aspect of Stadium 1 and 2...Dodrio GameBoy. Dodrio GameBoy was the very reason to own Pokemon Stadium. Now, did I buy Colo anyway? Yes, yes I did. Did I buy XD?  HElls no, I'm not quite THAT much of a PokeWhore. Will I get Battle Rev? Yes, yes I will due to Wi-Fi alone.  That is all.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE: Pokemon Battle Revolution--is it worth it?!
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 02:02:28 AM »
Seeing the pokemon in 3D would be something for me but I don't think they have improved what they actually look like since Stadium.  They all look plasticy and not how I imagine they would actually look.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 07:08:04 AM »
Do you want cel-shading?

Or do you want crotch-fur-rendering?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 07:22:03 AM »
Ten years from now, developers will give their games a plastic look on purpose and it will be a retro and hip art direction.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »
I just picked up my copy...now I just have to wait to get off of work to play it...

I'm sure it was worth it...or else I'm going to make myself believe it...

See you all online...

NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 03:26:34 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Do you want cel-shading?

Or do you want crotch-fur-rendering?

Well actually know that you mention it... Yeah.

Take a look at the Monster Rancher series.  Thats what I want.  MR3 if cell shading and MR4 if not.  My PS2 broke so I haven't been able to play the newest version yet...  Though I wish that Tecmo make one for Wii.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 03:59:51 PM »
Picked mine up too.  Initial impressions are that it's an awesome package and definitely worth 20 bucks as an add on to diamond and pearl....

/sigh  too bad it's 50.  That said, there's a lot of cool stuff, and I jumped on and had a random online battle in like three seconds.  The friend code thread is up over in that forum.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Giolon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 12:57:54 PM »
Unless you're absolutely dying to have battles with random people online, I'd say this game is not worth it.

I bought this game the day it came out, and I seriously feel like I was hoodwinked by Nintendo.  It's lacking features that even the original Stadium had.

I was a big fan of Pokemon Stadium b/c of the mode that let you play the R/B/Y games in triple speed.

Stadium 2 was great b/c it had all those minigames, and again the gameboy player.

Coliseum had the pokemon that you couldn't catch in the GBA games so you could transfer them back to your GBA cart, as well as the single player story and questline.

Now, in Battle Revolution, you get none of that.  You can copy your pokemon to your wii and battle with them there, but that's it.  Nothing transfers back to or affects your DS game in any way.  You can't earn XP and move them back, your battle record on the DS is completely separate, and there are no pokemon to catch on BR to take back to your DS game.  In short, PBR has very little to offer other than making yourself a semi-customizable avatar and playing random wi-fi battles.

Just my $.02.
¤~Giolon~¤

Offline retledge

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »
You can transfer specific things back. TMs, Prizes, a special Pokemon from winning.

It's fun for me - I finished the game, what's left? Why EV train? Why IV train? Compete. It's fun to beat up your friends, but it's also fun to compete online.

Offline Giolon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 01:41:55 PM »

Originally posted by: retledge
You can transfer specific things back. TMs, Prizes, a special Pokemon from winning.

It's fun for me - I finished the game, what's left? Why EV train? Why IV train? Compete. It's fun to beat up your friends, but it's also fun to compete online.

Oh really?  There's nothing I saw in the manual or in the tutorials that indicated that this was the case.  I'll believe you, but they didn't do a very good job of selling the game on its own merits.
¤~Giolon~¤

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »
I think we have established that after the Stadium series they keep stripping features from these types of games.  Next one will just be a lobby for worldwide play.  Still $50, no single-player or same room multi and you must have a DS games.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »
I'm completely convinced this game is the reason random online play does not exist in the DS version. It's the only reason I would want PBR, but I'll be damned if I am gonna pay 50 bucks for it.

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 02:25:02 PM »
Just got the game today, does anyone know how to play 2 player on one wii if one person doesnt have a ds.  Is there a way of using rental pokemon.  The game only allows one profile, is there a way to make a second profile?

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 05:27:42 PM »
So far...I started to get into it...and then...I got sick...

Now when I look back at my 2 hours of playing the game...my initial reaction wasn't all that positive...and I just started with Pokemon by buying both Diamond and Pearl.   The handhelds were great, but this should only compliment it with a price tag of $20.00.  I'm a bit sad...but hey...maybe I need to spend more time with it...who knows???  
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 01:04:50 AM »
No! Don't fall for the trap! Nintendo thinks they can sell anything by slapping the name "Pokemon" on it despite the fact you can play this game on your DS, with voice chat and everything, for much less! Don't let the shiny 3D graphics fool you!

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 05:02:00 AM »
Are special rules like Little Cup playable online?