Author Topic: PREVIEWS: Arc Rise Fantasia  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Chessa

• is full of rage!!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
PREVIEWS: Arc Rise Fantasia
« on: August 03, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
The Japanese role-playing game will launch in North America next year.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=19149

Arc Rise Fantasia is the latest effort from IMAGEEPOCH INC., developers of the DS title Luminous Arc. The team has combined forces with Marvelous, Yasunori Matsura, composer for the Guilty Gear and Xenosaga series, and Kenichi Yoshida, Eureka Seven character designer, to develop a traditional role-playing game for Wii.    

The game takes place in the world of Fulheim, a land that has thrived for many years in prosper due to the use of the luminescent technology called “reys.” An empire within Fulheim, named Meridia, is under a terrible threat from “Containment Dragons,” which, according to reports from other locations around the world, cause an unnatural phenomenon the people call “crystallization”.    

Killing these beasts is unfortunately not even an option for the people since the dragon carcasses poison the air upon their death. As word is spread to the city of Meridian of the impending invasion of these dragons upon the town, two individuals stand up to prevent this disaster from happening: L‘arc, a soldier from the imperial army, and Als, who is the second prince of Meridia. Although both of these men will fight for the safety and well being of their people, they will discover that harmony “comes with a very high price.”    

Arc Rise Fantasia is an RPG that combines airships, magic, and dragons in an epic storyline that features modern gameplay innovations with elements of classic Japanese role-playing concepts.  In addition to classic turn-based fighting, players will be able to implement string- based attacks by drawing from the same Action Points (AP) gauge. These string functions can be used by just one or many characters to unleash a powerful attack. Summoning creatures to help in battle is also another important aspect in this title, and not only will they be especially useful in battle, but can also provide useful information to players in order to help with their quest.    

Arc Rise Fantasia is expected to release Q1 2010 exclusively for Wii in North America.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: PREVIEWS: Arc Rise Fantasia
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:40:16 AM »
Sad that it got pushed back but will be getting it when it comes out.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 12:12:53 PM »
crap crap crap crap crap crap, the game publishing schedule climate sucks.  Either Marvelous/XSEED had too many localization activities already in their pipeline this year, or this localization project's been pushed to ease the squeeze on their spendings.

2009 is the new 2008.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »
From what I heard, at E3 the game was entirely in Japanese so I'm not surprised. Xseed has a lot of things on their plate, they have more than a dozen of titles for Wii, DS, and PSP in 2009 and 2010. There are plenty of releases from September to December just that the majority of them are from third parties, the game situation is no way near terrible. 
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.