Author Topic: 360 game library?  (Read 5251 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
360 game library?
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:58:31 PM »
I've been thinking about getting a 360 (let's ignore for now that I don't have enough money). What good games are available for that thing? Gears of War, Dead Rising and Crackdown are rated the equivalent of AO here, i.e. good luck finding a store that sells them so they're right out. What else is there?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: 360 game library?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:20:11 PM »
Viva Pinata? Budget versions of PD0 and Kameo? Uh... Rockstar's Table Tennis? XBLA games like Small Arms or Geometry Wars? uh... this is hard... When does Lost Planet hit there?

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 07:32:24 PM »
Crackdown actually isn't good at all, people are only buying it because you could win a chance to get into the Halo 3 beta.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 07:47:34 PM »
No. People are buying it because the commercial shows a dude throw a dumpster at some gangster.

The power of TV.
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:360 game library?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 11:42:40 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Geometry Wars?

Hahahaha that game is so addictive. DOUBLE BLACK HOLE OH SNAP BAIL OUT! Also, the marble game that's floating around XBLA. I played the demo and produced a couple of swear words that I hadn't used for years. Reminds me a bit of the Monkey Ball series.

Both are well worth playing the demos. I also played Alien Homonid as well but that seemed so shallow.

Real games? Eh, Gears of War is ok. Multi seems to be filled with trash-talking teenagers like every other online game. Depends on what kind of games you enjoy. Maybe hold off until a killer app comes along.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:32:24 AM »
Earth Defence Force 2017 comes out next week. That's what's selling me on a 360 when I get the money (haha ). Doesn't help that Global Defence Force (EDF2) for PS2 has been pushed back to later this year now (hey that'll mean it's been delayed over and over for about a year).

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 01:40:21 AM »
The only game for me worth (almost) owning a 360 is Blue Dragon.
I'm not sure when it's out in the US/Europe though.
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 06:03:46 AM »
Oy, EDF 2017 is 20GBP at Amazon.co.uk! Though on the 30th, not next week. Next week only sees the PS3 getting its chance to fail in Europe.

The GDF delays make me glad that I imported it instead of waiting for a local release.

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 06:14:20 AM »
Also:
Rainbow Six Vegas
PGR 3

Guessing you have a PC so you probably aren't interested in these:
Oblivion
FEAR
Condemned
Prey

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Gears of War, Dead Rising and Crackdown are rated the equivalent of AO here, i.e. good luck finding a store that sells them so they're right out.

Can't you just pay some bum to buy them for you?  Or are you saying the stores don't even carry them?

Because all 3 of those are definitely worth getting (though Crackdown is more of a rental).

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 06:22:15 AM »

Can't you just pay some bum to buy them for you? Or are you saying the stores don't even carry them?
KDR lives in Germany.  They have very strict rules against violence in games (more so than in America).  Many games that are rated M here are AO in Germany.  As a result, most stores won't carry them and--for all intensive purposes--they're pretty much banned.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 06:28:22 AM »
"Maybe hold off until a killer app comes along."

JOKE GET!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 06:47:00 AM »
Most of the good games on the Xbox and Xbox360 are rated M so I'm not sure which ones you'll be able to fine.
Gears of War and Dead Rising are both good games if you can find them I recommend getting them.
Other then that I would recommend:

- Bullet Witch (I love this game, Its a bit like Devil May Cry and Ghost in the Shell, If you liked those games you might like this one, the graphics are a bit weak)
- Burnout Revenge (Just like the Xbox and PS2 version But a lot nicer looking!)
- Dead or Alive 4 (Great Fighting game)
- Dead or Alive Xtream 2 (This one is an aquire taste, if you like dating sim type games, volleyball, Jet sky and a few mini-games its a lot of fun.)
- Enchanted Arms (an underrated classic Japan style RPG)
- Ninety-Nine Nights (Its alot like Dynasty Warriors, but to me it was better)
- Perfect Dark Zero (Its not a great game, but its fun for a bit, Its worth the Platinum Hit price.)
- Saints Row (A excellent GTA clone, in fact I like it more then GTA)
- Star Trek: Legacy (If your a StarTrek fan this game is a must play, other wise pass on it)
- Tomb Raider: Legend (Just like the Xbox, PS2 and GCN versions, but a whole lot beautiful looking, If you haven't played it play it here!)

- Ninja Gaiden (Yes its a Xbox game but its still great!)

-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XboxLive Arcade)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (XboxLive Arcade)
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 07:16:52 AM »

for all intensive purposes--they're pretty much banned.

for all INTENTS AND PURPOSES

wtf is an intensive purpose?

Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 07:19:24 AM »
a purpose with VIGOR And INTENSITY!
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 08:56:17 AM »

Originally posted by: matt oz
for all INTENTS AND PURPOSES

wtf is an intensive purpose?
::hangs head in shame::

Next time you're going to try to tell me that it's not I could care less.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »
It would be who of you to be more careful with your grammar.  When I corrected a friend of mine for saying "intensive purposes," we started talking about other examples, and he said he'd seen "behoove" thus mangled on official Marine Corps correspondence.  Now I always think of that when I see "intensive purposes."

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 09:14:38 AM »
Yikes that is pretty brutal that those games are banned but here are my recommendations:

-Viva Pinata (A unique and above all else FUN game that is challenging as well)
-Ghost Recon
-Kameo (I personally thought the game was quite good)
-Oblivion (If you don't have a powerful enough PC)
-Lost Planet (not sure if this out there yet, but it worth a look)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 10:14:27 AM »
Wait for the 65nm chips.

I think these guys have the best game lineups pretty much covered, just based on my limited knowledge.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 10:58:33 AM »
Crack Down is odd.

It is basically Robo Cop meets GTA.  The game isn't bad but, you really do have to make your own fun, and enjoy the sandbox type games.  

Gears of War is probably the best Xbox 360 game I have played.  There are still tons of flaws in the game...and I would recommend playing the game on a large screen otherwise you can get lost in the action, and if you can brighten up the image on the screen that is important to.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 11:02:31 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Crack Down is odd.

It is basically Robo Cop meets GTA.  The game isn't bad but, you really do have to make your own fun, and enjoy the sandbox type games.  

Gears of War is probably the best Xbox 360 game I have played.  There are still tons of flaws in the game...and I would recommend playing the game on a large screen otherwise you can get lost in the action, and if you can brighten up the image on the screen that is important to.

Actually Crack down is more like GTA meets Generic meets no creativity
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »
crackdown is fun, GTA is not.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 07:41:23 PM »
So far from the lists I'm thinking Pinata and possibly DOA4 (though I didn't like DOA2 that much). Two out of Kameo, PD0 and PGR3 come bundled with a 360, racing isn't a genre I like so I'd try to get a Kameo+PD0 bundle. Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon isn't a genre I like either, I've tried Rogue Spear on the PC and it's really nothing I like (though I hear the series was really dumbed down for the consoles to the point of being Counterstrike Singleplayer, not an improvement IMO). Bullet Witch, Enchant Arms and N3 got pretty damning reviews IIRC. For the Devil May Cry comparison all I can say is that I hate DMC3 because of the godawful camera but I have no idea whether I'd like the playstyle (because, well, it was impossible to play that game with that camera).

Can't you just pay some bum to buy them for you? Or are you saying the stores don't even carry them?

I'm over 18, thankyouverymuch. Stores don't carry indexed games because they can't put them on shelves (they can but the restrictions are too tough for anyone to bother). AFAIK retailers in the US refuse to stock AO games which is why I made the comparison.

Many games that are rated M here are AO in Germany.

Not many actually. M rated games are usually rated 16 or 18, indexing is very rare.