Author Topic: Xenoblade 2's Pyra and Mythra Are The Next Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighter  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Grimace the Minace

• Matt Zawodniak
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile

Sorry, Rex. Looks like you'll get your chance another day.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/56276/xenoblade-2s-pyra-and-mythra-are-the-next-super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighter

Xenoblade fans rejoice! The next fighter coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be Pyra and Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Announced in today's Nintendo Direct, Pyra and Mythra will be a combo character where you swap between the characters mid-battle. Rex will appear as part of their Final Smash. For their stage, fighters will duke it out on the back of Azurda, Rex's titan companion from Xenoblade 2.

Pyra and Mythra are set to release in March. Presumably, game director Masahiro Sakurai will host a presentation going over the fighters' details before then, but nothing has been announced yet.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
LOL @ sexy anime girls, but +1 for some sorely needed additional female representation. Elma was my choice since she would have checked the POC box as well. I like the choice though.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Worthy picks, and they reminded me that I really need to get back to seriously trying to get through Xenoblade 2.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
The waifus are here.

Also, I'm just really, really glad it wasn't Rex with Pyra/Mythra attached to him. Now I gotta finally get off my butt and buy that Fighter's Pass 2. Even if I only boot up Smash Ultimate once this year!

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
The best part of this is the eventual Pyra amiibo