Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1538244 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #1150 on: May 03, 2010, 03:01:47 PM »
It's unbelievable how much of a difference there is between Bluray and IMAX. I really recommend you see it in IMAX 3D. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra 3 bucks. There's really been nothing like it before. Hell I watched it three times in IMAX. I was forced to act like I've never seen it before, but that wasn't a big deal. It's a lot of fun.

And it's going to focus on sealife huh? That's interesting since you never see them. I figured the plot would be that the humans return to conquer the planet.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 03, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
Apparently the Nov release is all the special features with the movie.  The release last week was the movies only.  Even the Bluray has no special features whatsoever. 

The 3D release is coming next year apparently.  But stuffed if I'm paying another $6000 for a 3D set up.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 03, 2010, 10:12:43 PM »
"oceans of pandora" sounds like a badass title in itself
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 03, 2010, 10:31:31 PM »
I just watched the first Back to the Future movie. I loved it! I don't think I had ever seen the whole thing or had forgotten most of it. 9/10 for me. Hopefully the second one comes in the mail soon and I can continue the series.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 03, 2010, 10:35:36 PM »
Are you the one that asked where the HYPE TRAIN gif came from?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: May 03, 2010, 10:38:57 PM »
"oceans of pandora" sounds like a badass title in itself

agreed.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: May 04, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »
I don't remember the last time i posted in this thread and am too lazy to check so i'm gonna give quick reviews here of the last few movies i remember seeing:

kick-ass: 7/10, coulda been better. his gf was HAWT

the losers: 6/10 never read the comics so i might be missing some stuff, but it felt like it just ended to abruptly. wasn't a satisfying ending (for me)

nightmare on elm st redux: 6/10 better than i thought but still ****. much better than the Friday the 13th redux

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1157 on: May 05, 2010, 10:37:23 PM »
I just watched The Dark Knight, it was better than I expected (I didn't like Batman Begins). It does start to drag on near the end though, they really would have been better off chopping 15 minutes from the movie. The movie also re-affirmed my opinion that Christian Bale is a horrible Batman. I give the movie 4/5.

I also watched the bonus disc, which was obviously just BS so they could market it as a two-disc set (I have seen plenty of movies with bonus discs that were well worth it). You get to watch the IMAX scenes from Disc 1 (lazy), the 3 trailers for the movie (meh), production stills (which are always boring), a piss-poor feature on audio, a somewhat decent 16 minute video on the tech upgrades (like the improvements made to the Batsuit and how they explained the changes in the movie using the same reasons they really did it). The only extras I did like were the Gotham Tonight webisodes. These extras were not good enough to warrant their own disc. For anyone thinking about renting it through something like Netflix, get the movie and skip the bonus disc.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1158 on: May 05, 2010, 11:19:59 PM »
SWEAR TO ME
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 06, 2010, 12:52:42 AM »
You on something TJ? Because what ever it is you're taking, I don't want none of it.

I would agree that he does go hard out with the whole cement truck Batman voice, but to say that he is a horrible Batman?

It is demanded that you explain yourself to a jury of your peers.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 06, 2010, 04:25:33 AM »
Are you the one that asked where the HYPE TRAIN gif came from?

Yes. Yes I was. And I just got #2 today.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1161 on: May 06, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
You on something TJ? Because what ever it is you're taking, I don't want none of it.

I would agree that he does go hard out with the whole cement truck Batman voice, but to say that he is a horrible Batman?

It is demanded that you explain yourself to a jury of your peers.

Maybe I should have been more specific. The fighting and movement is fine. His Batman voice is horrible and I don't buy him as Bruce Wayne either.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 06, 2010, 01:25:09 PM »
I don't think Christopher Nolan is good at directing fight scenes.  There are too many quick cuts that make it difficult to follow along.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 06, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
i thought Bale was better as Wayne in Batman Begins, but even better as Patrick Bateman..if Patrick Bateman wasn't a murderer and was a vigilante who dressed up as a bat and went by the name of Bruce Wayne than he would be Batman. Bateman drop the E. Wayne is best played as a yuppie Playboy, its a front for something much darker, however in The Dark Knight you see more of Wayne's Private side, not his public Wayne face. Robert Downey's Stark is starting to make Bale's Wayne look bad. I think however Stark is 70% playboy 20% Superhero, but he manages because he has a more bad-assed suit.

I agree on the Nolan fight scene thing, I've watched too many kung fu movies to be satisfied with closeup quick cuts. Thats totally 80's VHS Full screen crap. I was going to say maybe Bale isn't that good at following fight scene directions, but then i remembered how awesome a movie Equilibrium was.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:23:40 AM by ThePerm »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 06, 2010, 07:49:51 PM »
Nightmare on Elm Street - 7/10

It was alright, but I really like the fond memories I have of the old series. I haven't watched a NoES movie in a really long time, but the 1st one was the only movie to ever give me nightmares (where I would wake up with scratches... but eventually I killed Freddy. so the scratches stopped *I'm 100% serious BTW*). This new version was alright, but I'll wait to see what direction the sequel takes before I write this one off. I love how the older series turned into a parody of itself after awhile. New Freddy lacks the charm & wit of old Freddy, but a sequel could show him being a little more playful with his victims now that he has embedded his fear factor into them.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 06, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
I was surprised he had some one liners at the end of the film, it was the only time it really felt like Freddy.
I don't want him to be incredibly cheesey like he was in the later films, but this Freddy lacked personality until the end.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 06, 2010, 10:48:35 PM »
^ I agree. It doesn't need to be 80's cheesy, but they have to ramp-up the Freddy fun factor while keeping the horror intact.

Maybe in a sequel they can also do more false sense of security by not immediately changing the scenery and let the victim and the audience not know right away when they are in dream land.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 07, 2010, 05:45:00 AM »
Iron Man 2 - As good as the 1st if not better.

If you liked the first you will like the second.
I only have 2 complaints.
How did Rhodey know which suit was his and that it would work for him? Did I miss something? I remember a scene in the trailer where Start told Rhodey that he made a suit for him, but it wasn't in this movie.... was it from the first movie?
&
The whole new element scene was very rushed. Seemed like if it was something that easy he would have atleast been onto it before hand. I don't mind that they skipped through it for time reasons, but it just seems like there should have been more to it.

9/10
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:53:17 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 07, 2010, 06:07:16 PM »
Q1.

That suit wasn't built for him.  That was the mark 2 suit from the first movie.  But presumably both men are identically dimensioned.  But I was under the impression that the suit was powered from Tony's chest piece, so I don't know how it was working for Rhodey.  So yeah, a bit more explaining would have been nice.

Q2.

I must admit it didn't even notice this.  I thought it was fine personally.  Plus I liked the Captain America reference in that scene and the little gag at the end of it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 07, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »
Q1.

That suit wasn't built for him.  That was the mark 2 suit from the first movie.  But presumably both men are identically dimensioned.  But I was under the impression that the suit was powered from Tony's chest piece, so I don't know how it was working for Rhodey.  So yeah, a bit more explaining would have been nice.

Q2.

I must admit it didn't even notice this.  I thought it was fine personally.  Plus I liked the Captain America reference in that scene and the little gag at the end of it.

the thing about Q1 is Pepper Pots mentions that the suits have a built in safety mechanism that prevents unauthorized usage of the suits... which were built to fit Tony Stark while using the energy core in his chest. That would have made for an uncomfortable fit for Rhodes considering he doesn't have a 4 inch hole in his chest to house the energy core so that the chest of the suit could fit him.

But like i said, I remember a scene(from a trailer?) where Stark told Rhodey that he made a suit for him.... it just wasn't in the movie though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: May 08, 2010, 05:01:38 AM »
Ravenous 8/10 I always liked this movie

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:45 PM »
Iron Man 2 gets an A

I wasn't sure it was going to be good or not, because they way things were going from the first one it couldn't go anywhere but downhill. This was every bit as good as the first one. I LOLed a couple of times when I saw him building the particle accelerator I knew what he was doing, building a mini CERN[/b]

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #1172 on: May 10, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »
Batman/Superman: Public Enemies  Power Girl FTW/10

I have no idea what continuity this takes place in. Why would the American people elect Lex freaking Luthor as President? That didn't make any sense. However, the ensuing partnership between Bats and Supes was pretty cool. The fight scenes were great, although the Toymaker's final solution was a little...silly (how long did it take you to build that, exactly?).

The big news is that my favorite superheroine, Power Girl, makes her debut animated appearance. I'm torn about her design here. Power Girl will always be the artistic property of Amanda Conner for me, but this isn't terrible, just...a little too loose. I'm glad this movie strayed from the usual DC Animated Universe look (Batman: Animated/Superman Animated/JLA Animated), although most of the characters looked too beefy.

If you're a fan of the DC Animated Universe, this is a decent rental.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1173 on: May 10, 2010, 03:52:51 PM »
I am a fan of the real DC Animated Universe that shared the same continuity (i.e. Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Superman: The Animated Series, Static Shock, Justice League), now the label is used to describe any animated DC movie.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 10, 2010, 05:58:57 PM »
Iron Man 2: equal to the first one 3.5 stars