Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537535 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #925 on: March 04, 2010, 06:30:29 PM »
Yeah, I'm not really sure how ANY brick-and-morter store can complete with Netflix at this point.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 04, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »
Robocop - 6/10.

Good for its time, but i wish i had that limited unraded edition because the violence (which pretty much makes this movie) seems pretty damn tame. Oh and the effects on the ED-(Variable) are god awful but its kinda funny.. why would you make a law enforcement droid that sounds like a trex and can't walk up/down steps!? LOL

Makes me kinda curious of what they'll do if that supposed 2011 remake pans out...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 04, 2010, 06:42:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm not really sure how ANY brick-and-morter store can complete with Netflix at this point.
Getting the movie near retail release vs 1 month late for Netflix (as current events seems to be leading to)?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 04, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »
That's what you call an oligopoly.

If netflix put the movie up on stream as soon as it came out, then it might shut down movie stores, but that 1 month delay is crucial because people still have to ask for it by mail or simply wait, thus eliminating spontaneous movie renting which is like a third of the market.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 04, 2010, 06:56:34 PM »
If you're like me, you don't really keep up with retail release as I just go by what Netflix says the release date is*. I also have such a huge backlog of By Mail and Instant Watch that I almost wouldn't have noticed if I someone didn't post here about it and if I didn't have Netflix, my girl didn't have BB and my sister didn't constantly rent from Hollywood video.

*I put movies in my queue from Theater previews, DVD previews and Movie Trailers/Announcements. A lot of time goes by from the point i put them in queue and they are released on DVD.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 04, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »
Robocop - 6/10.

Good for its time, but i wish i had that limited unraded edition because the violence (which pretty much makes this movie) seems pretty damn tame. Oh and the effects on the ED-(Variable) are god awful but its kinda funny.. why would you make a law enforcement droid that sounds like a trex and can't walk up/down steps!? LOL

Makes me kinda curious of what they'll do if that supposed 2011 remake pans out...

The ED 209 was never meant as a Law Enforcement droid. I was an "Urban Pacification Unit" (Walking Tank) that never worked as intended. In the Directors cut this becomes even more clear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXfh4hENKs

As much as Robocop is an action movie, it was also a statement to the corporate BS in America. It starts with the privatisation of the police department in Detroit and ends with OCP owning the city In Robocop 2. The underlying message still rings true today, even more strongly than before. It shows where full suto capitialism ends.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #931 on: March 04, 2010, 07:19:40 PM »
Robocop 2 is awful. They just changed scripts halfway through. Also, ED 209 = consumer-grade Metal Gear REX.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 04, 2010, 07:20:51 PM »
Robocop - 6/10.

The ED 209 was never meant as a Law Enforcement droid. I was an "Urban Pacification Unit" (Walking Tank) that never worked as intended. In the Directors cut this becomes even more clear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrXfh4hENKs

As much as Robocop is an action movie, it was also a statement to the corporate BS in America. It starts with the privatisation of the police department in Detroit and ends with OCP owning the city In Robocop 2. The underlying message still rings true today, even more strongly than before. It shows where full suto capitialism ends.

I noticed all that serious stuff too, and because gentrification seems to be happening in parts of my hometown it really resonates with me but.. i just wanted to watch a movie i remember being bad ass as a kid and it wasn't that great. In fact i started to get pissed when i felt for Murphy when he tried to visit his old home.
Robocop 2 is awful. They just changed scripts halfway through. Also, ED 209 = consumer-grade Metal Gear REX.

And Robocop 3 is even worse..
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #933 on: March 05, 2010, 01:04:23 AM »
Ahhh, man. Robocop2 is my favorite of the series. Nothing like big robots duking it out. Plus: Frank Miller. Robocop 3 was terrible though. The original is great as far as a social commentary on not only the corruption of capitalism and greed, and where government stands in basic security functions, but at the time it was crossing a line with the amount of violence and gore that was acceptable without moving into territory beyond 'Rated R'.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 05, 2010, 05:14:14 AM »
I so wanted to slap that punk kid in Robocop 2.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 05, 2010, 07:47:14 AM »
I want to both slap and respect that kid just for having the balls restart the drugs business by paying off the city. No doubt he was an absolute asswipe that needed to get his ass kicked. He should have stuck to selling lemonade and garrotting cops.

1 and 2 is fantastic, but I like to pretend that 3 doesn't exist. Classic lines like "Bitches leave" and "Behave yourselves". The 6000SUX. The "Robocop 2 experiments".

It's a shame they missed the mark so badly with Robocop the series. Woefully insufficient amount of violence (Pretty much none), poor stories and general mediocrity just didn't work out. Hints of a love interest between Robo and the city computer? That would have been amusing assuming they were ever going anywhere with it.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 05, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
2012 - Now that was a Summer Blockbuster

Bigger than life special effects and a world wide crisis adventure.
There were of course some parts that were just kinda stupid, but you have to overlook somethings sometimes and just enjoy the overall movie for what it is.
the mom's boyfriend is a fukkin moron. "I can' fly" "I'm no pilot" "Stop telling everyone I'm a pilot" .... :@ we are gonna die if you don't figure it out, it's understandable to be a little hesitant the first time, but when the russian guy said he needed a co-pilot in Vegas, he should have jumped on that and played along, this is no time to be honest. would you rather stay here and die? fukkin idiot.
But once you get past the first flying part that they show over and over again in the previews, then it's not so bad.

This movie makes me wonder though if we are really that prepared for something as cataclysmic as this when/if it happens. And why does there always have to be a black president when there is an Earth ending event about to take place?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #937 on: March 05, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
Because that's the last sign of the apocalypse.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 06, 2010, 12:16:24 AM »
ID$ had Bill Pullman, but we kicked some alien ass. I was watching Chelsea lately and she said to be original you have to have the president be a Gay Chinese guy.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

« Reply #939 on: March 06, 2010, 03:57:35 AM »
The last movie I've seen? It's "Avatar." I went to see it not because everyone was talking about it. The reason I went was because it was directed by James Cameron. I've been his fan since I was young.. the day I saw Terminator 2. Many of his movies are awesome... I would rate 10/10 for Avatar though the story does not seem original. Oscar Awards going to happen soon and it's having plenty of nominations. :)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 06, 2010, 04:57:35 AM »
ID$ had Bill Pullman, but we kicked some alien ass. I was watching Chelsea lately and she said to be original you have to have the president be a Gay Chinese guy.

It also feels like any time the president is portrayed as female they have to give off a Hillary Clinton vibe. Though the President of the United States in Space Station Silicone Valley was a female with a serious mustache growing.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 06, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »
...And why does there always have to be a black president when there is an Earth ending event about to take place?

Because that's the last sign of the apocalypse.

If Morgan Freeman as President was the first sign of the apocalypse, I hope I'm alive to see it.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 07, 2010, 07:26:47 PM »
he's already played two presidents, its someone elses turn!

Saw Shutter Island the other night; it was good although i saw the ending coming right away. There's something about the ending that doesnt sit right with me, and I'd like to discuss it with anyone who has seen the movie, so please PM me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 07, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »
I'm hoping to go see it soon with my GF so I'll hit up up with a PM as soon as that happens. I might just end up going with another friend because she found out it is a 'scary movie' and is disinclined to go now. :P
My Game Collection

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 07, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »
(500) Days of Summer - Was in my Netflix queue and I heard it was good so I bumped it up to 1 and invited a friend over to watch it with. I had heard it was good but it was really good. It wasn't just the same old plot points in every movie like this and felt really fresh.

9/10
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 07, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
I'm hoping to go see it soon with my GF so I'll hit up up with a PM as soon as that happens. I might just end up going with another friend because she found out it is a 'scary movie' and is disinclined to go now. :P

Shutter Island is hardly scary. Sure there are some parts that may make you jump, but the majority of it plays out more like a thriller.

I'd give it a 8/10. Not Scorsese best, but it's better than most thrillers I've seen.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 07, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »

Shutter Island is hardly scary. Sure there are some parts that may make you jump, but the majority of it plays out more like a thriller.

I'd give it a 8/10. Not Scorsese best, but it's better than most thrillers I've seen.

I forgot to score it, but 8/10 sounds about right.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 08, 2010, 01:21:40 AM »
Mr. Brooks

This was the third time I've seen it and its just as good as when I first saw it. Excellent plot, excellent development, and a damn good lead performance. Watch it now if you've never seen it.

10/10

Offline bilalamjad3

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 08, 2010, 04:02:20 AM »
terminator 10/10

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 08, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
lol Terminator 1? Are you crazy, that's like the most boring movie of all-time.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).