Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1538303 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #875 on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:06 AM »
I still think that Dark Knight should have gotten the honors of dethroning Titanic.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 10, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »
I still think that Dark Knight should have gotten the honors of dethroning Titanic.

I think it should have been a good movie. Maybe something like Lord of the Rings, but I guess that ship has sailed.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 10, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »
which counts for nothing since their both James Cameron movies, i still haven't seen Titanic, after like 13 years, i wanna see what all the fuss is about.

I haven't seen it either. I use to hate LeoDeCap, but recently he's been turning into one of my favorite actors.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 10, 2010, 10:17:07 PM »
which counts for nothing since their both James Cameron movies, i still haven't seen Titanic, after like 13 years, i wanna see what all the fuss is about.

Neither have I and I still don't care what the fuss was about. Once in.. 7th grade? our spanish teacher wanted to show us a dubbed version of the film, which I slept thru for 2 of the 3 days it took to watch it. The one day I wasn't in class was the day they showed boobs, appearantly.

I haven't seen it either. I use to hate LeoDeCap, but recently he's been turning into one of my favorite actors.

Similar feelings, but I wouldn't say he's becoming a favorite actor. I'd say I'm able to tolerate the fact that he's in a movie now, and its because his Titanic fame has subsided. I'm actually curious about Shutter Island, and if I end up seeing it it'll be the first DeCaprio starring movie I'll have ever seen. Only other movie I can remember seeing with him in it is Whats Eating Gilbert Grape, but I barely paid attention to that one because Depp was in it. Thats another story for another day.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 11, 2010, 02:34:44 AM »
then you need to watch Catch me if you Can, The Departed, Blood Diamond, The Aviator, Gangs of New York, and the Beach.

I wasn't a fan till I watched Catch me if you Can - he plays a con-artist and a womanizer

Then he did Aviator, which was pretty decent, you won't like it unless you like Bio-pics, this is where he goes under Martin Scorsese's wing

Gangs of New York was pretty good, but DiCaprio isn't the draw, its Daniel Day Lewis. Another Scorsese flick

The Departed is a fuckin Phoenomenal movie, Again Scorcese

Blood Diamond was pretty good

Watch the Beach, its a Danny Boyle film.

and my bet who the next Batman villain (if Nolan continues)is going to be or replacement of a deceased Batman actors then I would pick DiCaprio, because after seeing the Departed he has the skills, plus he's working with Nolan on Inception.

Sure he had his hearththrob teen magazine days back in 97, but those days are long gone, he's been a character actor for a while, and I don't think i've seen a movie he's in recently that has him with his actual accent. If i could pick any actor he reminds me of its Christopher Walken, i don't know what happened during Catch me if you Can, but the dude rubbed off on him. He totally is the younger version, albeit he is getting better roles younger.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 11, 2010, 04:31:14 AM »
There was that one movie DeCaprio was in recently where he was a betrayed secret agent seeking revenge or something. That looked interesting. Do you know what film that was?

I don't know if he would be a good Batman villain, but I've not seen any of his newer films so I've not seen how he has progressed as an actor.
My Game Collection

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 11, 2010, 01:45:42 PM »
Body of Lies?

Wiggles, you should definitely watch the Beach. I took a date to go see it a long ass time ago (junior high?) and I hated it, but I've watched it recently and realized it's a pretty damn good movie. The sense of adventure is very well done.

But if you haven't seen the Departed, watch that movie now!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 11, 2010, 02:51:29 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Funny thing is out of all those movies, I've never heard of the Beach at all! I remember wanting to see the Departed but never got around to it and ever since have only ever heard how amazing it is. I'll definately check that one out some day.

FUN FACT: Parts of Catch Me If You Can were filmed in my hometown of Yonkers, NY and only a few blocks from my home. In High School, at the time,  a classmate claimed that DiCaprio came into his fathers bodega to buy a pack of smokes.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #883 on: February 11, 2010, 03:02:27 PM »
Yonkers is where the US Army had its first failed assault against the zombie apocolypse, according to "World War Z."
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 11, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »
Yonkers is where the US Army had its first failed assault against the zombie apocolypse, according to "World War Z."

NICE! sort of... lol

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #885 on: February 11, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »
Total Recall- 8.5/10
Predator- 8/10

I now know why AHNOLD was so popular for so long.
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 11, 2010, 11:20:14 PM »
Hells Yeah, Schwarzenegger in Predator is amazing. He had a good run of awesome movies if you don't count the comedies he did between those good movies. I need to grab The Running Man since I haven't seen it. Total Recall, Predator, Terminator 1 & 2, Commando are just man films.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 11, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »
Was Eraser any good? (I think thats what it was called..) I'm sure my stepfather has it somewhere in his dvd collection, maybe I can dig it up for the weekend. I know it was one of his later films, which came after so many bad ones like Kindergarten Cop, that i stopped caring.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 11, 2010, 11:30:29 PM »
If you stopped there, then you've missed out on Jingle All the Way!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #889 on: February 11, 2010, 11:55:40 PM »
Eraser's not bad, but it's kind of standard blowy-upy fare.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 12, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »
Jingle all the Way is pretty entertaining

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 12, 2010, 12:11:15 AM »
Where would you guys put The Last Action Hero?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 12, 2010, 12:20:22 AM »
Even the worse of Arnold's films have something redeeming about them. Even Junior just for being a step up from mind blowing Japanese commercial weird.

That being said, Batman and Robin isn't an Arnold film, that's just terrible.

Last Action Hero improves slightly after viewing it a second time once your get your head around what it is trying to achieve. Then become disappointed to the lost potential of what it could have become.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 13, 2010, 01:33:45 AM »
If you stopped there, then you've missed out on Jingle All the Way!

Actually I was stuck watching that once at a younger cousins house one holiday. It was sweet that he dressed up as his sons favorite super hero (somehow) but the movie was still meh.

I don't think i want to rewatch Last Action Hero.. but maybe i'll understand it this time. I'd actually much rather watch the AC/DC video with Aaaaahnold in it.

anyway:

The Wolfman (2010) 7/10 (give or take)

Never did see the original, but have seen images of the wolfman enough to know that they stayed truthfull to its appearance in this film which i had mixed feelings about. The film had some nice surprising, but sometimes cheesey, first wolf enounter moments that were entertaining. After that there are some cool psychological elements with Del Toro's character that I wish were explored more. Anthony Hopkins was bad-ass in it, and what he does at the end is worh price of admission alone.

The ending was kinda stupid.. why would they of let this happen!? you'll know what i mean when you see it but i guess it leaves room for a direct sequel.

Oh and Agent Smith is in it! This is the first thing I've seen him in since The Matrix movies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 13, 2010, 03:02:28 AM »
Oh and Agent Smith is in it! This is the first thing I've seen him in since The Matrix movies.

Agent Smith was Elrond the in the Lord of the Rings movies. I couldn't adjust to him being elrond until the third movie came out because I kept expecting Neo to crash the party or something.
My Game Collection

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 13, 2010, 09:35:57 AM »
There isn't too much to understand about Last Action Hero other than it being a weak parody of 80's action films (PG-13ed into mildness). However it would have much better movie had they make it more of a dark comedy about an 80's action hero while parodying it.

The scene that really plays to this is when Arnold and the kid reach the safe house. The first thing Arnold does is shoot the wardrobe a couple of times, resulting in a dead ninja falling out. The kid asks how did he know he was there, with which Arnold replies "There is always a guy in there, and it's costing me a fortune in closet doors".

From our perspective it seems like that being an 80's action hero would be kick ass. However it could be the farthest thing from the truth. It's a complete hell. Attacked day and night. I pain a lot of the time from flesh wounds. Getting chewed out by the chief day in, day out since everything you shoot at explodes. Bystanders hurt and killed all around. Being immortal through implausible luck to the point even suicide isn't possible. The conclusion is that he either gets true free will or he drives off into the sunset to a non-existent sequel.

But the movie does give us this balls out awesome scene of Arnold in Hamlet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z9Ismh1elM

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 15, 2010, 04:45:59 AM »

Agent Smith was Elrond the in the Lord of the Rings movies. I couldn't adjust to him being elrond until the third movie came out because I kept expecting Neo to crash the party or something.

Hugo Weaving has been in a few things since then.  He was in V for Vendetta and he is the voice of Megatron in the 2 transformers movies.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 15, 2010, 04:47:15 AM »

Hugo Weaving has been in a few things since then.  He was in V for Vendetta and he is the voice of Megatron in the 2 transformers movies.

Wait, what did he play in V? I don't recall him. Totally awesome he was in Transformers.

*A GOOGLE SEARCH LATER*
OGM! He was V?!?

How did I not know this even though I adore that movie?
My Game Collection

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 15, 2010, 11:06:58 AM »
It was ridiculous that in V for Vendetta they never made V take off his mask (I don't care if this somehow contradicts the graphic novel or whatever). Hugo Weaving could have just been a voice over for all we know.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 15, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
Last Action Hero has something very appealing about it. I've watched it several times.