Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1546288 times)

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #775 on: January 10, 2010, 12:08:37 PM »
Up 3/5
Also, the old man waited until after his wife died to go to Paradise Falls.  Fail.

Wow, way to completely miss the point of the movie (and a major plot cue too).

Sheesh.  It was a joke.  Anyways, the movie is highly overrated.  The 50 mins spent with the explorer and his dogs was a complete snooze fest.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 10, 2010, 05:11:20 PM »
District 9 - 8.5/10.  What a great movie.  A little more action at the end than I thought was necessary, but it was exceptionally well-written.  I'd consider it to be a very real portrayal of what I could see happening if aliens became stranded on our planet.  What I liked the most was that it explored issues of racism (speciesism?) without being moralizing or heavy-handed.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 10, 2010, 09:02:05 PM »
District 9 - So yeah I rented District 9, after seeing it a couple of times at the cinema. Being a South African movie it definitely has an obvious arpatheid reference. Also I read somewhere that the most of Wikus' lines were improvised which is pretty amazing. But yeah a great film. I probably reviewed it earlier in the thread, but I'm doing it again and giving it a: 9/10.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - I'm getting pretty sick of Michael Cera playing George Michael in every movie, because the writing is never as good as Arrested Development. Anyway not an entirely unlikable film, it had a good soundtrack. Also what ever the main chick's name is pretty hawt. 6/10.

Adventureland - I thought is was funny that the only movies I have seen this Jesse Eisenberg character in were called Zombieland and Adventureland, none of my friends thought so. Well I enjoyed this film, it wasn't what I expected, but in a good way. Kristen Stewart was also surprisingly good in it, so I guess it's just that the suckiness of Twilight made me think she was ****.

Soundtrack was good in this too. 7.75/10.

Push - ****. Also Dakota Fanning's skirt was too short and it made me feel like a perv. 3/10.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #778 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »
Kat Dennings. Hot as hell.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 11, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »
Not sure when i last posted but..

Avatar (second time) still 10/10

Paranormal Activity: ****/10
but i will give one of the alt. endings credit, where she slits her throat, that was kinda creepy to watch. Then again, after hearing about the 2nd alt. ending i deduced points

Youth In Revolt: Wished it was funnier/10
Thats about a 6.5/10 for those who like to keep score. It had its moments but it wasnt what i expected. The two main characters personalities grew to be rather annoying by the end of the film, which i wished DIDNT have a happy ending.

Daybreakers (i think its one word) 7/10 at first thought, 6/10 after consideration.

This movie was cool until the ending which left you kinda 'meh'. You'd probably forget about it the second you walked out the theatre (like i did). It starts off cool and sorta stylized but ends very VERY bland.. the gore was nice though, but i'm afraid its what kept me watching.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2010, 01:39:10 AM »
District 9 What a weird movie. Not sure if I liked it or not.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 12, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »
District 9 What a great movie. Not sure if I like it this much... its kinda scaring me.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 12, 2010, 01:41:16 PM »
District 9 is over-rated.  There; I said it.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 12, 2010, 05:19:14 PM »
How the aliens and the humans acted in the movie didn't ring true to me.

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #784 on: January 12, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »
I loved District 9

Question. Why are there so many 9 movies this year?
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 12, 2010, 08:29:24 PM »
Princess And The Frog Really enjoyable movie. Best tear jerker scene in a Disney movie ever.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 13, 2010, 04:42:32 AM »
Continuing my current trend of catching up on big movies I ignored years ago...

The Incredible Hulk - 9/10 - I've never been the biggest fan of the Hulk.  Like Superman, I think he's an incredibly dull character just because he is so ridiculously overpowered and when you get right down to it there's not much to him.  His alter-ego is an interesting character, sure, but when things heat up the boring character steps in.  My last exposure to this character outside random appearances in various one-off Avengers animated movies and appearances on Marvel animated series like Wolverine & the X-Men was Aang Lee's pretentious travesty of a Live Action movie many years ago.  Happily, this movie is everything that that POS was not: well-paced, well-shot (none of that "multiple camera angles at once" BS that Lee did), well-written, well-acted (outside Lib Tyler), and well-animated.  Much like Bruce Timm's take on Superman (which is the only take on Superman I actually like), this movie takes the Hulk and strips his abilities down to a level that's actually fun and interesting to watch.  When Banner's on screen the movie still manages to be interesting, always a problem in series with characters bearing dual personas.  The villain is a bit silly and I think he has rather a lot of access to classified US Government secret projects for a British Officer only on-loan to the US Army, but whatever.

This movie also manages to make a big production of the one thing just about everyone complained was missing in the Lee movie, making it easily the best moment of this movie:

Abomination:  "ANY LAST WORDS?!"

Hulk: "HULK....SMAAAAASH!"

*Hulk destroys the ground out from underneath Abomination.*

Next on the docket: the Iron Man movie from the same year, which I have seen before but not since it came out.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 13, 2010, 11:42:11 AM »
yeah...the incredible hulk is a good drink; especially when it's an army green.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #788 on: January 13, 2010, 03:43:59 PM »
Yeah, I loved the new Incredible Hulk, minus horse woman.

Something Something Something Dark Side

Ehhhhh hard to say whether I liked it as much as Blue Harvest. There seemed to be more tangential stuff and less attention paid to the original material. Funny overall, but there are a few too many long jokes.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #789 on: January 13, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »
I am not a fan of Family Guy.
They rarely have new jokes
With Something Something Something Darkside, I'd heard most of the jokes before, on other, better Star Wars specials
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: January 13, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
I am not a fan of Family Guy.
They rarely have new jokes
With Something Something Something Darkside, I'd heard most of the jokes before, on other, better Star Wars specials

glad i'm not the only one that feels that way. I stopped watching Family Guy after the show went back on the air and I realized that the first episode wasn't just borrowing jokes from seasons prior to say "we're back!" but that that whole season turned out to say "we're back, and with all that time off we didn't think up ****"

Plus their types of jokes don't lend themselves well to being running gags. "Cool W-hip" will never be the simpsons "ha-ha"

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 13, 2010, 09:05:16 PM »
Family Guy is easily the worst show on television. The South Park where they make fun of Family Guy is funnier than any real FG episode ever made.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 13, 2010, 09:10:07 PM »
"you think THAT'S bad.."

they really nailed the feel of the show with that one.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 13, 2010, 09:17:19 PM »
Family Guy is usually only funny in short spurts, but overall, I think it's a pretty good show. I remember the first time I watched it over 5 years ago, I almost **** my pants when the kool-aid man bursts into the court room. Now, it seems like that's all that ever happens.

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #794 on: January 13, 2010, 10:11:48 PM »
The show's problem (now) is that it's become far too self-referencial. I mean, the same thing happened with Simpsons but it was never as blatant.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #795 on: January 13, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
thank god, after how long its been running.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 14, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »
Terminator Salvation 7.8/10 It wasn't terminator 2 good, but it wasn't like the mcshit fest everyone said it would be. I liked it, i did like miss 15 minutes to take a dump, but i didn't miss much i guess.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 14, 2010, 11:21:46 AM »
Why didn't you just pause the movie?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 14, 2010, 03:05:02 PM »
My dad was watching it, and knowing him he wouldn't finish the movie, he would just get up and do something else and never finish it, i still have it rented..i could watch that part over again...
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 14, 2010, 07:01:20 PM »
i'm still pissed i seemed to be the only one who chuckled at past terminator references during the movie. Maybe i'm just easily amused OH A BALL OF YARN! *plays*