Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1544285 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2009, 12:53:09 PM »
Also, anyone see 9 yet? I heard it was win.

Funny, I heard the opposite. The night I saw Extract, I was waiting for my girlfriend to come outta the bathroom, which was right next to the theatre that was playing 9 and heard a handful of people express their dissapointment. I heard everything from "It wasn't as good as i thought" and "I expected better" to a flat out "That sucked balls." Honestly, I forgot the movie was even out, and those quotes plus the dissapointed look everyone had that was leaving made me doubt wanting to see it any time soon. Another complaint i heard was that it was very short, is that true? How short was it?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »
Dance Flick - L/LOL

This movie start off pretty funny but quickly turns to stupid, then back to stupid funny, then back to just stupid, then ends on stupid funny again. Problem is that it rest on the side of just stupid for far too long in the movie, but a mood enhancer might have changed my whole outlook on the movie. A good watch for when you are with people that like to laugh and their laugh makes you laugh.

I maintain that "Insemble" is the funniest line that I've heard in years.

Oh yeah, and I saw I Love You, Man.  Funny, but not a classic by any means.  There are a few really laugh-out-loud moments but it will be completely forgotten in a few years.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »
9 is that CG movie about a post apocalypic world where 9 things created by some scientist come to life or something weird like that. I want to see it because I'm a die hard Burton fan and it looks to be full of action.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
Dance Flick - L/LOL

This movie start off pretty funny but quickly turns to stupid, then back to stupid funny, then back to just stupid, then ends on stupid funny again. Problem is that it rest on the side of just stupid for far too long in the movie, but a mood enhancer might have changed my whole outlook on the movie. A good watch for when you are with people that like to laugh and their laugh makes you laugh.

I maintain that "Insemble" is the funniest line that I've heard in years.

Oh yeah, and I saw I Love You, Man.  Funny, but not a classic by any means.  There are a few really laugh-out-loud moments but it will be completely forgotten in a few years.

Ever since I saw I Love You, Man I've started saying "slap-ah da bass" when i see someone playing air-bass. Oddly enough, Paul Rudd is seen slappin an air bass in Knocked Up too!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 15, 2009, 04:09:28 AM »
Bonnie and Clyde Criminals waste their lives. Two Stars

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 15, 2009, 06:05:27 AM »
9 is that CG movie about a post apocalypic world where 9 things created by some scientist come to life or something weird like that. I want to see it because I'm a die hard Burton fan and it looks to be full of action.

Well Burton only produced it, he did not direct it. Still looks like an interesting movie.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 15, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »
What?

Nevermind then.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 15, 2009, 06:54:36 PM »
What?

Nevermind then.

Yeah it is misleading when they advertise it. Now if it was Peter Jackson producing I'd have more confidence in the movie, but as it stands it looks interesting but I'm not sure. Alice in Wonderland should be amazing though.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 15, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »
Yeah, I can't wait for that one.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 15, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
Alice in Wonderland looks wierd. I'll add it to the list though.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 15, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
Alice in Wonderland looks wierd. I'll add it to the list though.

A Tim Burton movie looking weird? OMG megaton. :)

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 15, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 15, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »
Directors go on decline too. PeeWee < Beatlejuice < Batman = Edward Scissorhands > Batman returns << Ed Wood = Mars Attacks ?  Sleepy Hollow ?  Big Fish > Planet of the Apes > Charlie in the Chocalate Factory < The Corpse Bride > Sweeney Todd. Everything he's done since Mars Attacks hasn't been his best effort. Ed Wood is his best movie. I haven't seen Sleepy Hollow.

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »
Sleepy Hollow's great and so is Charlie and the Chocolate factory; it's definitely better than The Corpse Bride.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 15, 2009, 09:10:49 PM »
Charlie was awesome. Sleep Hollow was also a good movie, Big Fish was pretty good (and different), and Sweeney Todd was my favorite movie of that year, it was a fantastic musical.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 16, 2009, 01:48:15 AM »
The Graduate Horrible people ruin lives. Two and a Half Stars.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 16, 2009, 01:52:18 AM »
You seem kinda jaded by this movie marathon of less than stellar "Top 100" movies.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 16, 2009, 02:47:05 AM »
Some are great movies. fantastic. Some aren't. E.T. is the worst movie on the list that I've seen so far.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 16, 2009, 12:50:29 PM »
Some are great movies. fantastic. Some aren't. E.T. is the worst movie on the list that I've seen so far.

I refuse to watch ET, it traumatized me as a kid when ET was found in the corn field. Give me any other horror movie but keep ET far FAR away from me.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 16, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »

I refuse to watch ET, it traumatized me as a kid when ET was found in the corn field. Give me any other horror movie but keep ET far FAR away from me.

This makes me wish i had good video editing skills (see: ANY video editing skills at all) so i could burn you a copy of M. Night Shamalamadingdong's "Signs" and replace his aliens with ET, and watch your reaction..

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 16, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »

Well Burton only produced it, he did not direct it. Still looks like an interesting movie.

To be fair, Burton didn't direct Nightmare Before Christmas or James & The Giant Peach either, and he only co-directed The Corpse Bride.  He's a producer on all these films because he's not that proficient with stop-animation.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2009, 02:27:53 PM »

I saw E.T. In the theaters when I was a little kid. People thought he was cute, but I thought he was grotesque. Even at the time, I thought the movie was annoying.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
I have never seen E.T. either. I've seen bits and pieces but I was never interested in seeing the whole movie. I agree. He was kind of creepy. For an alien that is supposed to appeal to kids, he's kind of a failure. I was bringing up the fact that I had never seen E.T. with some friends of mine the other day and they couldn't believe. They were going on about how it is such a good movie and I should see it. Good to know there are other E.T. haters out there. Stay strong, compadres.

Although, I do agree with the sentiment that you might be getting jaded with all the movie watching. Lawrence of Arabia 3 stars? Although to be fair, I can see why you might feel that way. I wasn't too eager to see the movie again the first time I watched it. But, after some time passed, it began to grow on me and I finally watched it again and I liked it a whole lot more than that first viewing. Although, I find I like the movie more up to the intermission. After the intermission, the movie seems to meander and isn't as focused as before. Plus, it is just nothing but trouble for Lawrence. After rooting for him to succeed in the first part of the movie, it isn't that fun to watch the hero suffer for a long time. Once the march for Damascus begins, the movie picks up once more and the ending is good. I love that shot of him riding home.

Oh well. To each his own. I should really start rating movies again. I've fallen behind so much. Not that it really matters.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »
There are shorter version of Lawrence of Arabia, im bettign they meander less. I watched the really long ass version though. It was really damn good though. The beginning was kinda..eh, but as soon as they got into the desert the movie became awesome. Keep in mind I also rented Legend of the Bog, I was going to watch it first, but after seeing 10 minutes of it I was like **** that, Vinnie Jones anin't carrying this thing and slipped in LOA. I never finished Legends of the Bog, and I don't think I care.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2009, 10:00:31 PM »
Arab Larry was beautifully filmed, but the script was slow and had no point. Peter OToole was a great actor, but the character he played was unlikeable