Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537938 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2009, 03:35:09 PM »
Note: I'm only siding with nickmitch because i never planned on seeing doubt anyway. Doesn't look like my type of movie, despite how criticaly acclaimed it was. Being able to say "i heard it sucked (from a friend* of mine)" gets me out of ever being guilt tripped into watching it.

*i use the term friend loosely in this scenario, obviously.

I'm actually going to watch it this week.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
The Unborn

3/10. Awful, its a my first thriller movie.  Not even any good scenes with the girl.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 7/10

Actually a pretty good representation of what the Mario games would be like if set in New York. And if Peach never existed and Daisy was the princess.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Patchkid15

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2009, 10:13:46 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 7/10

Actually a pretty good representation of what the Mario games would be like if set in New York. And if Peach never existed and Daisy was the princess.

I would give it a similar rating...being a fan of Nintendo i just found the movie enjoyable. Now saying it is a good representation is taking it a little too far. I just looked at the movie as a comedy.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2009, 12:21:39 AM »
Oops. All I meant by that was that many of the items and enemies were in there. They even put in the Koopa Kids I think.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2009, 12:36:42 AM »
Harry Potter:

I have never seen a HP movie or read the books..... That's about to change because I just put them all on my Netflix Q.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2009, 03:17:57 AM »
BrĂ¼no 9/10

BrĂ¼no = Funny

i definitely laughed at the talking parts :P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:19:38 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2009, 03:51:39 AM »
oh wow, bruno really really sucked. and i was looking forward to it because borat was really really good.

i'd rate it a 5/10. borat was a 8.5/10 in my books just for reference.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2009, 04:41:45 AM »
Bruno is very very gay, but it's also very very funny. Comparative to Borat, Bruno isn't as funny, but it's as awkward as ever. There are some very clever moments, with some that I had to laugh out loud to, but mostly I was shaking my head, wondering if he really just did that.

As far as the message goes, Sacha proves once again that there is a lot of intolerance; but really...even a gay guy should be offended by this movie.

I'd give it a 7.5
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:45:50 AM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2009, 04:42:52 AM »
Love Actually, Actually good.

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2009, 07:36:52 AM »
Harry Potter:

I have never seen a HP movie or read the books..... That's about to change because I just put them all on my Netflix Q.

I don't know anyone who's ever only watched the movies before.  I'll be kind of curious to see how much you like it, only experiencing it through the movies. 

I just saw the new Harry Potter and I liked it quite a bit.  Great cinematography, and the acting is top notch in this one.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
Hangover
5/5

17 Again (in flight movie)
3/5 (Thomas Lennon bumped it up 2 points)
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2009, 02:14:29 PM »
Harry Potter:

I don't know anyone who's ever only watched the movies before.  I'll be kind of curious to see how much you like it, only experiencing it through the movies. 

I just saw the new Harry Potter and I liked it quite a bit.  Great cinematography, and the acting is top notch in this one.

I've never read any of the books and I am not enthusiastic about the new movie nor am I a fan of any of the past ones.

Netflix for the new one just like all the old ones.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2009, 02:20:36 PM »
I just realised that Up is going to be released here IN OCTOBER.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2009, 02:38:57 PM »
Haunting in Connecticut:

7.9/10

Scary movies don't scare me and this one is no different, but I like horror movies and this one tells a pretty good story that is supposedly "true".
For those that are frightened by ghost stories, then I'm sure this one won't disappoint. The acting is good, the special effects are good and the story for the most part is believable (if you believe in ghost).

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2009, 03:32:06 PM »
Public Enemies: 8.5/10

Good story, even better acting, but overall it is too slow and drawn out.

The acting was actually pretty great.  But, the story never got anywhere for me because in like 60% of the movie, the camera moved too damn much for me to figure out what was going on.  It started giving me a headache (like, Cloverfield but without the excuse).  That alone took out 3 points.  Being slow and mismanaging scene time alone would've given it an 8, but misuse of time and not utilizing the time it could get me to follow made it not worth seeing.

Sorry, just wanted to explain my score a bit more.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BwrJim!

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »
hp 6

full of story and character development.
7 out of 10

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2009, 05:48:01 PM »
Public Enemies: 8.5/10

Good story, even better acting, but overall it is too slow and drawn out.

The acting was actually pretty great.  But, the story never got anywhere for me because in like 60% of the movie, the camera moved too damn much for me to figure out what was going on.  It started giving me a headache (like, Cloverfield but without the excuse).  That alone took out 3 points.  Being slow and mismanaging scene time alone would've given it an 8, but misuse of time and not utilizing the time it could get me to follow made it not worth seeing.

Sorry, just wanted to explain my score a bit more.

Well I guess we differ on yet another thing. I thought the movie was directed very well; on par with some Scorsese movies.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2009, 02:07:26 AM »
Transformers - 6/10 and for me thats bad. Ghetto Robots, too many adult jokes that were lame, not enough of the autobots, and the decepticons look to freakin similiar.

And one huge complaint I think I am alone on, I think the robots themselves are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to detailed! When they fight I have to look at their outlines to figure out whats going on. Way too many pieces that just confuse me, I hate it!

I loved the transformers lore though, thought it was cool. But robot balls jokes, weed jokes, sex jokes = lame and appeals to the losers who dont know any better.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
Interesting, trippy, suspenseful, but ultimately a dissapointing ending.  8.14/10

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2009, 10:53:42 AM »
Haunting in Connecticut:

7.9/10

Scary movies don't scare me and this one is no different, but I like horror movies and this one tells a pretty good story that is supposedly "true".

It was weird, when i first saw the trailers for that movie i remember sitting in the theatre with my girlfriend thinking "wait a minute.. i know this!" and thinking it was another remake of an older film. Turns out I just recognized the story from a special i saw on the Discovery Channel. It was one of those shows where they talk about a specific haunting event for an hour or so, and re-enact moments that supposedly happened to this family. It was weird because i realized it early on in the trailer, so i was guessing what scenes they would show and I nailed em..

Then i thought it wasn't worth my time because i'd already "seen" it in a way. All the special effects and good (or at least better) acting in the world wouldn't of made me feel like watching that story over again. It was interesting enough to experience the story on cable.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
Role Models
6.5/10

As a big fan of the State, it was cool to see David Wain write/direct this and bring in a lot of the old crew.  In the end though, too many jokes fell flat with a predictable story ark.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »
Be Kind, Rewind - Major Disappointment/10

To be fair, I shouldn't have expected so much out of a Jack Black movie, but the idea behind it sounded awesome.  Unfortunately, it falls flat when they try to tie it all together with some crappy plot that the movie itself doesn't care enough about to finish at the end.  Some funny parts, to be sure, but let's just say I'm glad I picked this up out of the $5 dump bin instead of paying to see it in theaters like I almost did.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
Nothing in that movie looked funny and i'm actually upset you even reminded me of it.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2009, 11:15:10 PM »
Interesting, trippy, suspenseful, but ultimately a dissapointing ending.  8.14/10

Eh, I though the ending was cool.

Looking at the wikipedia page, it seems the ending I saw was the alternate ending. So I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

Just saw Ratatouille, finally. A lot of people I know say this is still their favourite Pixar film, while I really liked it I'd have to disagree. Finding Nemo is still my favourite, almost overtaken by Wall-E. Up looks promising, but it still hasn't been released here.

Oh right, Ratatouille gets an 8.5/10.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:17:05 PM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).