Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.  (Read 22555 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:21 AM »
Named so for all you loonies in this game.

Story Post.

(Khushrenada late with a story post? The mafia tradition continues!)

I guess I should have at least given you an update on Power Girl's status since she is the most crucial character to our story.

Ok. Now it might be getting a bit creepy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:45:54 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Day 3. Arkham Asylum Breakout.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:36 AM »
Results Post:

Insanolord - Townie (Killed by malicious vote)
Maxi - Townie (Killed by Space Mafia!)
Dasmos - Parasite (Killed by The Joker)

Holy Hit Count Batman! The Earth Mafia is hanging on by a thread! Will the hero population be able to get their act together before the Space Mafia take over the world or will the joke be on all of us? Find out next time. Same Bat Channel, same Bat Thread.

Quick Announcement list:

Voting ends as usual at Midnight EST.

The Earth Mafia makes the hit tonight.

I am the day host so send all actions to me except for the item purchases and bids. That all goes to Thatguy.

Other than that, go wild!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:13:32 AM by Khushrenada »

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:57:57 AM »
The thatguy shop is now open!

Yesterday, apdude won the reward for the best roleplay.  We both loved it.  There were a few other people who were right at the top with him, though.

A note from thatguy about yesterday's auction results:
The Orange Ring was bought for a bid of 6 points.
The Blue Ring was bought for a bid of 2 points.

Today's auctions:

Indigo Ring - Change the vote of a player you choose to a target of your choosing. Only one is available today.

Red Ring - One time item.  Can be used to kill by it's winner to kill one player of his or her choosing. No points will be rewarded for a death caused by the red ring. The red ring can not kill Superman unless Kryptonite is also applied.  The red ring can not kill Batman unless the perfect trap is applied.

Remember to speak to me to bid on auction items.  Purchase items from me, as well.  To use an item you have in your possession, you may message me, as well.

There are three public methods to earn points today. They are the same as yesterday. There is one new hidden method to earn points, making eight total secret methods.

At this point in the game, several players have several points.  Recall that all the items in the shop do restock with each new day, so if you have questions about an item or want to buy one, contact me.

If you do not have your updated points total at this time, please send me a PM.  With that, again, the store is open.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:00:45 AM by thatguy »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 01:29:22 AM »
I would hereby like to apologize for turning the vote on Insanolord.  However, I would also like to point out that Dasmos, who started the bandwagon against me, was mafia.

Vote me out, if you'd like - but I believe yesterday's actions speak for themselves.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 01:42:25 AM »
Shoot...I was on the knife's edge on voting Dasmos instead.  I wish I had gone in that direction.  Sorry, Insanolord.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:42:45 AM »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:12 AM »
You're wearing pants?  I thought they were spandex. Not that I've been looking at them or anything.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 02:01:54 AM »
NO MORE INNOCENT LIVES

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 02:04:06 AM »
You're wearing pants?  I thought they were spandex.

That would explain why his pants are so tight...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 02:07:41 AM »
You're wearing pants?  I thought they were spandex.

That would explain why his pants are so tight...

The blue pill part was the punchline but take it however you want.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 02:32:48 AM »
Beetle! What are you doing here?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »
I was actually looking for change in that vending machine back there.  Moneys a little tight now a days with that crazy starfish on the loose and all....  Wait a sec... I've been looking for you all day.  Where have you been?  By the way your informant was full of s@&#

Anyway it's been a long day.  I'm heading to bed.  Tomorrow the search begins again!!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:02:36 AM by apdude »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 04:28:09 AM »

EDIT: Nevermind, the window was still open.
RE-EDIT: Remind me never to do thes at 4:30am again.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:35:36 AM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:19:21 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 12:09:21 PM »
So quiet today...  Did all the active players get slaughtered yesterday?

I'm still concerned about Kasogi's attempt to blackmail me... on one hand, I think he's either the Joker or mafia, trying to collect points to use one of the weapons... on the other hand, he only wanted four whole points...  that's a lot of points (for me, at least), but doesn't go very far weapons-wise.  Although, I just now noticed that the Joker gets a discount on the Superman and Batman killing weapons - the mafia has to pay 20 points for each whereas the Joker can get them for 10 points each.  4 points could go a long ways towards one of the super-killing weapons...

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »

(Just realized the spelling error... Oops...  The Blue Beetle is a little bit groggy)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:28:55 PM by apdude »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »
Rules question: Is it better for townies (prize-wise) if the Joker wins or of one of the Mafias wins?

On one hand, if the Mafia wins, there *could* be townies left standing at the end of the game (since most Mafia games end when there are more Mafia members than not).

On the other hand, if the Joker wins - everyone's dead... but that also means the townies (sorta) defeated the Mafias in some kind of crazy zero-sum game or something.

Does anyone care to share with me how many points they've got?  I'm trying to determine if the Joker is anywhere near being able to use his gas bomb.  Going by my points, he's no where near - but I'm assuming that my points aren't a very good indication of everyone else's points...

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »
For our sake, I hope the Joker didn't end up the the orange ring to double his/her points.

By the way, the Flash certianly has been living up to his name.  In long enough to cast a vote then gone.  He's quick!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:03:13 PM by apdude »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
That's a possibility.  But would the Joker risk losing his points if he was trying to save them?  Granted, it looks like it only cost him six points... but that's a very good chunk of what I've got, so that seems like a lot to me to give away on the off chance he might get the ring...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
I don't think the Joker could be anywhere near the 50 points yet. I don't want to say how many points I have, but nowhere near that amount.

I have been wary to buy items yet because I have been slow in getting them, so 6 points is quite a lot.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 01:05:41 PM »
I don't think you lose your points if you lose the auction.  Maybe the Joker was willing to risk 6 to double up from here on.  Since the joker gets to kill every night the points can add up quick.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 01:11:10 PM »
I don't think you lose your points if you lose the auction.  Maybe the Joker was willing to risk 6 to double up from here on.  Since the joker gets to kill every night the points can add up quick.

Wait - what?  I thought if you put in the amount you wanted to spend, then whomever paid the most, got the item... I thought you only got refunds if you put in a bid for more than you have (or more than you have left)....

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
Crap, you're right!

In this scenario, Khushrenada would win the indigo ring and I would win the blue ring. My first bid would lose, and I would retain my points from the bid.  My second bid would then be valid.  Khush's first vote would win, and without enough points, his second bid would be considered invalid.

I must have skimmed those rules wrong... I would have bid on some items by now!  Damnit.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 01:20:28 PM »
Okay - the Joker is a neutral force.  Even if he's already managed to ally himself with one side or the other, since he needs to kill everyone to win, he'll betray them eventually.  The trick is to kill him before he betrays your side.

Now, there's one member of one mafia and three members of the second mafia left.  The perfect amount of people for the Joker to kill with his gas bomb.  But would he do it, even if he knew who the mafia members were?

On the other hand, there are 8 townies/heros left.  Two of them, he can't even kill without spending an extra 10+10 coins on... which he might have enough to kill one (both if he managed to get the orange ring?)... but that's going to put him further behind in setting up his bomb.

Hmm...

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 01:26:35 PM »
I must have skimmed those rules wrong... I would have bid on some items by now!  Damnit.

That's some shoddy detective work chief.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »

That's some shoddy detective work chief.

To be honest, I didn't pay that close of attention to the rules...  I skimmed them, signed up, figured I'd die in the first day or two, and that was it.  :)

Okay, here's the deal, folks... I'm kind of obsessing with the Joker right now because I received a PM via Oracle's Favor.  It claims to be from the Joker, but thatguy tells me that he can neither confirm or deny the contents of the message in any way.

Hello from The Joker!
Do you want to live through the night?  Figure out who I am - and send me some points.  Once I get enough, I'll set of my patent pending Laughing Gas and kill some people.  Good times, I say.  If you send me enough points, I'll even let you help pick who dies.  Mafia?  Townie?  I don't care!  Granted, you'll still be able to try to vote me out... but I'll get to stay in the game - and it's all about the game.

>insert lots of "Ha ha's" here<

Best buds,

The Joker.

Sucks.  So, here's what I'm going to do... I have absolutely no idea who the Joker is. All I have are seven points.  I'm going to randomly give one point to each of six players.  If one of you happens to be the Joker, then, congrats - I paid your blood money.  Also, kill vudu.  If you six don't happen to be the Joker, please feel free to refund my point so I can send it on to another random player who may be the Joker.

*edit* I have now (hopefully) paid your ransom...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 01:57:36 PM by UncleBob »

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »
Hey Chief, I don't think he will spare you for 1pt especially if he paid 2 to contact you.  Just saying...

This guy's pretty nasty...  I think we need to put more funding into reinforcing the bars a Arkham Asylum.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:04:26 PM by apdude »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »
Hey Chief, I don't think he will spare you for 1pt especially if he paid 2 to contact you.  Just saying...

This guys pretty nasty...  I think we need to put more funding into reinforcing the bars a Arkham Asylum.

Hey, what am I supposed to do here?  It's not my fault he wasn't more clear.  I paid his ransom (assuming one of the six people who just got a bonus point is him).  If anything, he should appreciate the genius of my plan.  Right?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Rules question: Is it better for townies (prize-wise) if the Joker wins or of one of the Mafias wins?

Prize-wise, it's hard to say. Let's say all the space mafia survive and win, they are going to get favored heavily for the top spots. If it's a case where the mafia won by tieing 1 mafia and 1 townie, I'm sure there'd be some consideration for townies in top prize spots. By that logic, a Joker win would probably result in the same thing, with a few townies in the mix for top prizes.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 02:14:39 PM »
For the record, I'd like to point out that now two people have asked me for points.  One is the Joker.  The other was The Unagi/Kashogi.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
Hey, what am I supposed to do here?  It's not my fault he wasn't more clear.  I paid his ransom (assuming one of the six people who just got a bonus point is him).  If anything, he should appreciate the genius of my plan.  Right?

It's creative I'll give you that.  You might want to start up the bat signal though.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »
Back in my day, we didn't have a Batsignal.  We used the phone...  Besides, it was always bright and sunny when Batman was out - he wouldn't have been able to see the Batsignal anyway.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 02:20:34 PM »
Anyone else noticed a lot of usually prominent mafia players are keeping quiet this game?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 02:22:09 PM »
Back in my day, we didn't have a Batsignal.  We used the phone...  Besides, it was always bright and sunny when Batman was out - he wouldn't have been able to see the Batsignal anyway.

No one has hardwired phones anymore

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »

No one has hardwired phones anymore

I am so screwed...

On an interesting note, assuming my points have already been dispersed, I haven't gotten a single one back yet... and some of those people have been online... hmmm....

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »
Anyone else noticed a lot of usually prominent mafia players are keeping quiet this game?

Where's your buddy nightwing?  He's usually checked in by now.  Unless he's making pizzas for the chief.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
Nightwing was in traffic court today for a little joyride he pulled last year in the Batmobile. The good news is that I claimed the officer pulled over the wrong car because I didn't own the Batmobile so I got out of it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 03:43:04 PM »
UB should stick around.

I have some thoughts on who needs to be looked at. We need to circle the wagons, townies.

VOTE SHYGUY
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:18:22 AM by bustin98 »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 03:50:49 PM »
Blue Beetle needs to stop playing around, before he gets hurt.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 03:55:40 PM »

Sorry Bat-Man I'll be more careful now
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:58:36 PM by apdude »

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 07:09:18 PM »
I'll VOTE VUDU.  I may change this later, but I have to go run out.  I'll check again to see what's going down before the thread is locked.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:08:14 PM by Sundoulos »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 07:25:11 PM »
vote vudu

The game has been pretty quiet, so I'll just jump on the lynching bandwagon.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 07:40:45 PM »
After I made Sophie's choice between UncleBob and Insanolord, I really don't want to kill another townie.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
So... I got a message back saying that my six points were shared... now I only have one point, about four hours before the night ends, still no clue who the Joker is, a 50/50 chance that I failed to give him any of my points as he demanded and no one - at all - has bothered to refund any of my points that I paid out. :(

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
Before some people rush in saying they have refunded points, I will do so for you. I received two messages from people refunding UncleBob's points and have passed those messages on to Thatguy who handles all point matters for this game. When Thatguy comes around, I'm sure he'll act on those messages.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:45 PM »
I never got any points.

Why not join the throng? Vote Vudu
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:25:08 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
Does it suck that no one is defending Vudu? Would other members of mafia point fingers elsewhere if he was one of them? He could be the last survivor of his team, or he  could be the joker, or townie. Frustrating that he's so quiet and there are no other votes.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 08:26:23 PM »
Yeah, I have tried to contact vudu to no avail.

Wait, did Kush say UncleBob lying about points? I think that is suspicious.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »
Yeah, I have tried to contact vudu to no avail.

Wait, did Kush say UncleBob lying about points? I think that is suspicious.

No, he said he sent the refund messages to thatguy who takes care of the point transactions.  I've had one player send me a separate message (after I whined about no one refunding me) letting me know he had sent it in, but that it probably hasn't been processed yet.  Basically, if you've refunded, the check's in the mail and thatguy hasn't delivered it yet...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 08:48:42 PM »
Oh, okay. This point system is complicated.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
I don't know anything about anyone, but Kush coming in and confirming UB's transactions seem to indicate his openness.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:50 PM »
I have had some people asking me who I think is the Joker. I think anybody could be the Joker, it would be funny if it's one of the posters who hasn't comment at all in this Mafia game.

I know some people are worried about taking out townies when the Joker is still out there and several Mafia left. I will cast my vote soon.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 09:04:16 PM »
Vudu and Stevey have both posted at least once, has anyone not posted at all?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:28 PM »

I have no clue what to do!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »
Vudu and Stevey have both posted at least once, has anyone not posted at all?

I don't recall seeing JRLibrarian or Nickmitch post yet.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »
nickmitch did jr did not.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2011, 09:24:37 PM »
JR posted a vote the other day, but that's it so far.

I think this has been a fun game. It's too bad there isn't more activity.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:12 PM »
JR did send me a pm today...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 10:05:07 PM »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:08 PM »

Vote Vudu for now

(Basically to put it out of reach of the blue rings out there)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:49:36 PM by apdude »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »

Haha, sorry about that (although you spelled my name wrong, :) ).

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 10:17:07 PM »
TALLY

vudu 5 votes

he is running unopposed.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 10:21:32 PM »
If he's running unopposed then I'm letting that be a red flag. When do we get this much unanimity with so little actually going on in the thread? We need a new lead and fast methinks.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2011, 10:22:17 PM »
I don't think Vudu is the Joker, but I will vote for Vudu for now. My opinion could change in the next 90 minutes though.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
I tell you where I am leaning...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 10:23:26 PM »
If he's running unopposed then I'm letting that be a red flag. When do we get this much unanimity with so little actually going on in the thread? We need a new lead and fast methinks.

I think you have a good point.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
that was my second choice.  I'll tag-along.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2011, 10:27:37 PM »
Holy Failed Sleuthing, Batman! What do we do now? Erm, I mean (Don't talk like Robin, I'm not a kid anymore!): Help me do something when the citizens are most in need!
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2011, 10:28:47 PM »
I just heard back from thatguy - three people refunded my points.  Going to resend them out to three others.. that'll put me at a 75% chance of giving the Joker some blood money. :D

Again, if you receive a point from me and you're not the Joker, please refund my point. :D

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2011, 10:29:27 PM »
For living this long, vudu is bound to be evil but I doubt he's earth mafia...:(

vote vudu.
My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2011, 10:30:20 PM »
Does Jr Librarian care to defend himself? Can anyone in the know contact us?

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2011, 10:32:55 PM »
I've only voted vudu twice since he's had a history of being mafia or the killer at a higher-than-normal rate.  My own instincts in this game in particular have been particularly bad (didn't vote for Mop but did vote for insanolord), so if anyone has a compelling reason for voting for someone else...well, I'm willing to consider it.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2011, 10:36:01 PM »
On an interesting note, two people wrote to me claiming to have returned points.  One of those two people wasn't on the list thatguy sent me... either thatguy goofed, or someone lied to me...

Nevermind - thatguy replied and added the fourth person...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »
vudu is acting suspiciously, I can agree with that, I was hoping for harder evidence one way or the other on day three.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2011, 10:37:30 PM »
On an interesting note, two people wrote to me claiming to have returned points.  One of those two people wasn't on the list thatguy sent me... either thatguy goofed, or someone lied to me...

I goofed.  Sorry!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »
I'm taking the plunge. vote Jr Librarian I will probably change this later.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
Updated my earlier post...  Going to (re-)send out four more points.  Again, please return them if you're not actually the Joker. :D

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2011, 10:48:56 PM »
I'm taking the plunge. vote Jr Librarian I will probably change this later.

For now I'll unvote vudu... I'll choose based on info available in about 45min.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:50:29 PM by apdude »

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2011, 10:52:07 PM »
I feel torn.  Jr Librarian hasn't been very communicative in either of the previous games I've played with him, either.  :/

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2011, 10:55:32 PM »
I may change my vote to him too, unless he defends himself in the next half hour or so.

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:14 PM »
I hope that I don't regret this: Vote Jr Librarian

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »
Okay, just got one point back - resent it back out to one of the remaining two people.

I've now sent a point to 11/12 players.  If that last person is the Joker, I'm going to be so pissed...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2011, 11:11:20 PM »
Blame the Joker.  :D

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »
Guess that's why banks charge transaction fees.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
I'm agreeing with the Vote JRLibrarian bandwagon. Watch, Vudu is the Joker or something...
My Game Collection

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2011, 11:31:26 PM »
So time is almost up and nobody is coming forward, so I guess they don't want to go on anyway, so....

Vote JRLibrarian

...Did we just make this mafia's choice now?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:34:19 PM by apdude »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2011, 11:31:46 PM »
Just a note: The shop and the auctions all close/end in about half an hour, so if you have an item to purchase or a bid to make, go ahead and make it!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2011, 11:35:32 PM »
Tally?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2011, 11:36:50 PM »
by my count its
JR - 4
Vudu - 3

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2011, 11:40:08 PM »
Out of those two people - one refunded my point, the other hasn't... does that mean anything at all?

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »
Care to share which is which?  It might help to know who's watching closely. :)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2011, 11:43:48 PM »
Tell you what - I only need one more point to send out to the last person to make certain I sent the Joker a point like he demanded.  Send me a point to send to the last person and I'll reveal the list of who's refunded me and who hasn't. :D

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2011, 11:53:23 PM »
Has Vudu even logged on yet today? Could be a reason for not sending the point back.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2011, 11:56:32 PM »
I checked his post log, he hasn't posted anything since the first day of mafia. Nothing on the whole board.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2011, 11:57:54 PM »
Then hopefully he's ok in real life...

Funny how UB hasn't voted yet.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »
Wow, you're right. Vudu hasn't been on the forums for two days.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »
Then hopefully he's ok in real life...

Funny how UB hasn't voted yet.
VOTE BUSTIN98
Better? :D

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »
So vudu is not the killer...  that's a first...

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2011, 12:00:56 AM »
Hardy har har

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2011, 12:01:21 AM »
Tally time

We have a tie:

4 - JRLibrarian
3 - Vudu
1 - Bustin98
1 - Shyguy

You have 30 minutes to break the tie. Someone may retract their vote, a player may make their first vote or you can leave it and face multiple deaths. I'lll be checking with Thatguy if any items came into play on the day vote as well.

EDIT: Thank you. Night Actions are now due in 30 minutes.

EDIT EDIT: YAY!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:46:38 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
Updated my vote.

I hope you guys know what you're doing.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2011, 12:38:41 AM »
That's 30 minutes after the 12:25 EST that Khush updated his post with, btw.  Just thought I'd make that clear.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »
But I want to edit my post again. I put the word fast in there when it should be the word face. Grrrrr.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »
I wondered what you meant by "fast multiple deaths"... :D

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2011, 12:43:25 AM »
I think you can, and we'll just say night actions are due by 12:55 EST.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2011, 12:47:13 AM »
Thanks. And I updated a bit of the story post. At least with the part we've all been waiting to see.