Author Topic: Mafia XXXII: FINALE  (Read 36369 times)

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXII: FINALE
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »
I'm just curious, but did anyone else suspect that I was Mafia?

I, of course, knew you were mafia, but you did come off as suspicious on Day 1 with the way you were backing Khush without a legitimate reason. I would have acted completely the same way on Day 1 (although I wouldn't have been as sure of my vote.)

Quote from: Spak
I told GP not to keep the Hammer Bros alive, and actually requested to be taken out of the game, because I knew her role.  I didn't want to be blamed for sabotaging the townies.

Okay this shits me. I understand you guys are friends, but this sort of **** ruins games. Luckily it didn't this time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:15:29 PM by Dasmos »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2009, 11:26:23 PM »
I'm just curious, but did anyone else suspect that I was Mafia?
I, of course, knew you were mafia, but you did come off as suspicious on Day 1 with the way you were backing Khush without a legitimate reason. I would have acted completely the same way on Day 1 (although I wouldn't have been as sure of my vote.)
The reason was because he chose Birdo and I'm petty sometimes, I wasn't really backing Khushrenada or anyone else. It's funny, none of my actions really had anything to do with my role. I didn't learn that lesson soon enough.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »
BFS: It was a hail mary that you might be the bomber and end a lot of problems for us. I still had a large selection of names to whittle down and I just went with the one the name that cried out to me and it was yours. Sorry.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2009, 12:31:01 AM »
Woo, I finally won one! Sure, I only voted once, sent no PMs and spent the last night of the game in the hospital but it still counts. I can't decide whether to keep rolling with this momentum or retire at the top of my game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2009, 12:32:55 AM »
I assumed it was discouraged for a host to take any sort of an active role in who was assigned which roles.  I went with random.org (and mentioned that I did so several times) to make sure everyone knew that it was, in fact, completely random.

That said, I was more or less happy with the way it turned out.  Not to say I wouldn't have made some adjustments to have an "ideal" game, but for a completely random selection it didn't turn out too bad.
Did I ever tell you guys about how way back in Mafia X or whatever one I hosted I totally cooked every role, intentionally choosing totally inexperienced Mafia godfathers and members who didn't get along in each Mafia? I thought it worked great.

Anyway I should've said earleir, I think you did a good job of host Drew with a solid ruleset.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2009, 12:42:26 AM »
Insanolord what where you in the hospital for?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »
I assumed it was discouraged for a host to take any sort of an active role in who was assigned which roles.  I went with random.org (and mentioned that I did so several times) to make sure everyone knew that it was, in fact, completely random.

That said, I was more or less happy with the way it turned out.  Not to say I wouldn't have made some adjustments to have an "ideal" game, but for a completely random selection it didn't turn out too bad.
Did I ever tell you guys about how way back in Mafia X or whatever one I hosted I totally cooked every role, intentionally choosing totally inexperienced Mafia godfathers and members who didn't get along in each Mafia? I thought it worked great.

Anyway I should've said earleir, I think you did a good job of host Drew with a solid ruleset.

Yeah, I remember that. It did make for some hilarious results.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:27 AM »

I had a really intense abdominal pain, the doctor didn't really figure out what it was.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2009, 12:50:43 AM »
Awwww. You had gas.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »

I had a really intense abdominal pain, the doctor didn't really figure out what it was.

I see. I hope the doc figures out what it was.:) Great Game!:)
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2009, 12:58:39 AM »
Awwww. You had gas.

That's never been anywhere near as painful or lasted 12 hours for me before. Also, the doctor probably would have been able to figure it out if that were the case.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:04:44 AM by insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2009, 03:48:00 AM »
BFS, I'm sorry that I voted against you. I was misled. But on the bright side, it was that deception that helped make me anti mafia and join the real townie alliance. Khush's story of helping create it almost had me for a  bit there because of how elaborate they seemed. Now I know how great a length people will go to avoid the gallows.

I'm looking forward to clashing minds with y'all next game. Speaking of which, when are we staring the next game?

I'm sorry you were hospital bound, Insanolord. I hope it isn't a permanent or serious matter and that it doesn't come back unless it helps point out a bigger issue. I assume you got all the different scans at the hospital?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2009, 03:50:38 AM »
Woo, I finally won one! Sure, I only voted once, sent no PMs and spent the last night of the game in the hospital but it still counts.
So that's the secret to this game. I'll remember that.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2009, 03:59:38 AM »
Stratos it shows in the future Mafia game thread that Spak has the next game.I talked to him a bit before this game started and he was somewhat busy with his  University and he is moving to South Korea in June. I suspect once he gets situated in Korea that he will start the game or maybe he will try and get it done before he leaves.Its up to him.
Oh also you might want to ask for the next game avalable in that thread.Which is 37.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:06:08 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2009, 06:33:15 AM »
BFS: It was a hail mary that you might be the bomber and end a lot of problems for us. I still had a large selection of names to whittle down and I just went with the one the name that cried out to me and it was yours. Sorry.

Damn my overly long name that is so easily acronymised! Haha, don't be sorry, we all would have done the same to you!

No worries stratos, I'm glad you helped the townies pull it out, well done.

“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
No worries Stratos, I'm glad you helped the townies pull it out, well done.
The Mafia were screwed from day 1, all he did was make it so the game didn't get dragged out a day or two longer, which is still a good thing.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »
No worries Stratos, I'm glad you helped the townies pull it out, well done.
The Mafia were screwed from day 1, all he did was make it so the game didn't get dragged out a day or two longer, which is still a good thing.

Hey we had like a, um, .5555% chance of winning!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2009, 12:02:47 AM »
BFS, I'm sorry that I voted against you. I was misled. But on the bright side, it was that deception that helped make me anti mafia and join the real townie alliance. Khush's story of helping create it almost had me for a  bit there because of how elaborate they seemed. Now I know how great a length people will go to avoid the gallows.

I'm looking forward to clashing minds with y'all next game. Speaking of which, when are we staring the next game?

I'm sorry you were hospital bound, Insanolord. I hope it isn't a permanent or serious matter and that it doesn't come back unless it helps point out a bigger issue. I assume you got all the different scans at the hospital?

But I really did create the townie alliance. I brought Wario and Peach together and I was working with Shyguy and DAaaMan64, 2 other townies. That's a killer group.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2009, 12:15:10 AM »
Yeah you did but you probably had ulterior motives.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2009, 03:36:27 AM »
dude i never went in for the townie aliance..i dont think me and kashogi talked about mafia at all
i just voted with stratos because he seemed equally confused. Like stratos i already want to start the next game.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:42:26 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 03:31:57 PM »
Perm, you had one pretty vital move, right on day one: saving vudu by creating a tie. Although his powers didn't come into play directly, we still made the mafia use a hit to take out a roled townie, as opposed to us doing the dirty work for them.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
Yeah, and I know there was a time or two once we were allied that your power was a nice security to ensure our targets were the ones voted out.

Maybe Khush meant he brought Peach and Mario? Because wasn't Stogi the princess and SirSniffy was the investigator and they seemed to have a similar voting pattern so I believed they were talking.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast