Author Topic: Switch Announcements From The Kickoff Show For Summer Games Fest  (Read 809 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Some old friends in new forms.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/63900/switch-announcements-from-the-kickoff-show-for-summer-games-fest

The fourth "Summer Games Fest" is now underway with its official kickoff show, which featured several Switch announcements.

• The next season of Fortnite, called "Wilds", will be available tomorrow and include a new jungle environment, with Transformers characters available in the Battle Pass.
  • A teaser trailer from Annapurna Interactive for their presentation on June 29 included Neon White, though it's not clear if this was a new platform for the game, new DLC, or a follow-up game.
  • Dead by Daylight is adding Nicolas Cage - yes, that one - as a playable survivor starting on July 25.
  • Fae Farm received a launch date of September 8.
  • A gameplay demo for Mortal Kombat 1 (September 19) aired, showing off several fatalities as well as the game's "Kameo" system which allows other characters both playable and otherwise to appear in a form of tag kombat.
  • The first original 2D Sonic game since 2017 was revealed as Sonic Superstars, a four player platformer where Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy run through Sonic stages that rapidly change art styles. It will be out "this fall" with an MSRP "starting at $59.99". Sega has confirmed that the co-op will be local, but gave no confirmation of online play.
  • After an aborted attempt to remake Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Ubisoft's classic action exploration series is returning to 2D with Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown on January 18, 2024. It will be led by Ubisoft Montpelier (Mario + Rabbids, Rayman.
  • Yes, Your Grace: Snowfall is a sequel to the No More Robots-published kingdom management game that will be out next year.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Switch Announcements From The Kickoff Show For Summer Games Fest
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 05:44:31 PM »
I really like the look of Sonic Superstars. I don't think playing co-op will work well with the drastic changes in speed that normally occur in Sonic levels, but maybe they solved that. From the trailer I was not getting the impression that the art style changes. They change it at the beginning of the trailer to introduce it in contrast to the pixel style from Sonic Mania and older games, but the art style seemed consistent after that.

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Announcements From The Kickoff Show For Summer Games Fest
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 09:46:57 AM »
Oh no! I've fallen into the Sonic Cycle again! Seeing the trailer for Sonic Superstars actually got me hyped for a Sonic game. It's probably been 10 years since that last happened. I just instantly thought to myself "I want to play this" so the trailer did its job. Some people are now losing their hype because they've found out Arzest is behind it but that's not a big deal to me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.