Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2.  (Read 74983 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 2
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 01:14:06 PM »
Any questions in particular you think haven't been addressed or still need info on?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 02:01:50 PM »
Any questions in particular you think haven't been addressed or still need info on?

Yeah, where can a bloke get some mulligan stew around here?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 02:17:21 PM »

I was gonna ask about the Samus/Dark Samus rules, but I think I figured them out.  The Phazon/Varia suit power ups said they give the other the abilities gained when killed by the other.  I thought that included the hit, but Samus's description said she gets the hit when Dark Samus dies.  I thought those were in conflict, but Samus only get's Dark Samus's power ups from killing townies by killing Dark Samus.  The hit isn't included in that as it's already absorbed.

I figured it out as I was typing it up.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
Actually, I came with a few points for clarification.

When a player gains possession of the Metroid, whatever power-up/item they had before becomes inactive and the Metroid then becomes their item which they have until their demise or win. However, if they are eliminated then the power-up/item they had before will become active again. This is a key point since the Grapple Beam power-up will allow a Samus to get items from deceased players. Samus and Dark Samus are the only players who can have or hold on to multiple power-ups/items and use them.

Townies can't use items, correct? Only mafia, Samus, and Dark Samus? (Asking based on the "When a player" portion of the above.)

Does the power-up inactivity mean that should a townie with the Metroid be killed by Samus/Dark Samus, then they would get the Metroid and only the Metroid?  Or would they get the item associated with that player too?

Can Samus/Dark Samus use items when they have the Metroid?

One last thing, we won't know if/when Samus/Dark Samus has the Metroid, right?  So, at any point, not eliminating one of them could result in a game over?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

I was gonna ask about the Samus/Dark Samus rules, but I think I figured them out.  The Phazon/Varia suit power ups said they give the other the abilities gained when killed by the other.  I thought that included the hit, but Samus's description said she gets the hit when Dark Samus dies.  I thought those were in conflict, but Samus only get's Dark Samus's power ups from killing townies by killing Dark Samus.  The hit isn't included in that as it's already absorbed.

I figured it out as I was typing it up.

Yes, you've basically figured it out but I'm going to elaborate a bit more on it since I'd also had a question come in about the X-Parasite and if that transfers. So, let me use a scenario that obviously won't happen with this game since it has already been found but should still explain everything.

Let's say that Dark Samus gets the X-Parasite on Day 4 and then Samus Aran eliminates Dark Samus on her Day 5 hit. In this scenario, Dark Samus will have lost all their upgrades at the start of Day 5 and thus Samus Aran would get no extra abilities from Dark Samus except for being able to make a hit every night. That's sort of what the Varia Suit / Phazon Suit upgrade is. Even though the hit transfer is sort of automatic because one of the killers is removed, the Varia Suit / Phazon Suit will basically represent that transfer. On the other hand, if both Samus and Dark Sam had successful hits and gained abilities without encountering the X-Parasite or Torizo Statue during the first 4 days and then Samus eliminates Dark Samus on Night 5 then Samus would not only gain the hit but also the items/power-ups that Dark Samus had acquired up that point. So the Varia/Phazon suit upgrade could be more than just getting the hit every night. It is just sort of a "story" theme item mainly about the transfer of any abilities to one player along with having a hit each night. It also serves the purpose of assigning an item to each Samus for the Scan Visor item/power-up to work.

Going back to the first scenario of Dark Samus being "infected" and became the SA-X, it does not mean that Dark Samus is now a carrier of the X-Parasite and that Samus would now gain the X-Parasite if she eliminates Dark Samus. That is a one time thing. It's just a "story" way of making a whammy or bankruptcy type of item fit into this theme. The Torizo Statue is also the same thing and just a one-time item that affects whoever finds it.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
Townies can't use items, correct? Only mafia, Samus, and Dark Samus? (Asking based on the "When a player" portion of the above.)

Pretty much. The Mafia abilities are technically their own thing (mod chips for their suit) but I based them off the items assigned to each role for symmetry there. However, unlike Samus, the Mafia doesn't gain new abilities from their successful hits. Any person with an item eliminated by the Mafia takes it to the grave with them unless a Samus can grave rob later with the Grapple Beam. Likewise, townies and townie roled players do not gain new items/power-ups from eliminating another player or have the power to use a new item/power-up. The only exception is the Metroid but that is a passive item. A townie can gain it but it doesn't have any effect on them aside from knowing the location of it.

Does the power-up inactivity mean that should a townie with the Metroid be killed by Samus/Dark Samus, then they would get the Metroid and only the Metroid?  Or would they get the item associated with that player too?

Thank you for asking. I've meant to make that more clear and have let it slip my mind the last couple days. In any case, you understood things correctly. If a Mafia member or a Townie gains the Metroid from the original Metroid carrier that would mean they now have two items/power-ups assigned to their personage. However, the Metroid becomes the main item that counts for the player. So, if a Samus does eliminate this player, Samus will only gain the Metroid item will their other assigned item goes with the eliminated player to the grave. That is why I have a choice for the Mafia Godfather if the Godfather is able to capture the Metroid. The Godfather would choose who in the Mafia will guard the Metroid. The person assigned would block a Samus from gaining that ability because the Metroid would now be their prime power-up/item assigned to them.

Can Samus/Dark Samus use items when they have the Metroid?

Yes. Samus and Dark Samus can continue to use their role and any items they may have acquired along the way even if the Metroid is in their possession. They are not hindered in having it also. But there are other players that can do things with the Metroid in their possession. The townie roles (doctor, detective, vigilante and vote manipulator) can continue to use their role if in possession of the Metroid. Likewise, the Godfather can continue to make hits if the Metroid is in their possession. Only the Mafia Goons are unable to use their ability for a recon if in possession of the Metroid.

One last thing, we won't know if/when Samus/Dark Samus has the Metroid, right?  So, at any point, not eliminating one of them could result in a game over?

You will know. As shown in today's Announcement post, when a Samus has a successful hit then you will learn what item that Samus gained. However, if a Samus were to gain an item from an eliminated player voted out then that will be mentioned also. If the Metroid were acquired in this way then you would know. In any case, once a Samus acquires the Metroid, it is announced the next game day because all players have to eliminate that Samus player on that Day/Night cycle or Samus escapes with the Metroid and wins.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2020, 04:15:35 PM »
Have I made this game too complicated?  :-[

It seemed so simple in my head at the time. But now that I've had to write it up and make sure I've worked through all scenarios so that everything is still balanced and nothing is game-breaking, it seems like the game could be a lot more daunting than initially conceived. Not really my intent since complicated games tend to cause players to shy away or play half-heartedly out of frustration.

And yet, I still feel this game is staying pretty simple. There's a lot of stuff I've outlined that may not come into play at all or have much bearing. End of the day, it is still the basic concept of two sides (townie and mafia) fighting each other with the added twist of two separate killers thrown in to muck things up a bit. The Metroid concept doesn't really change things up too much for either side of the townies and mafia and is just there to give the killer another path to victory that would be a bit faster than the traditional way. The rest of the items/power-ups are there for the killers to worry about and if they are eliminated then they are pretty much meaningless. Even if the killers get them, it won't be until later in the game that all those items can really start making a big influence on the game. Just keep that simple overview mindset of the game and everyone should still be able to play it just fine and as any other game. Still plenty of ways for any player or faction to be successful even with these added wrinkles.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2020, 04:20:17 PM »

Yeah, where can a bloke get some mulligan stew around here?

Sure. Just ask Samus to take you to the Chozo Bar and Grill.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 04:28:25 PM »

In some aspects yes and in other aspects no.  I just think a lot of the possible things that can happen in the game can be daunting to wrap ones head around.  The No is everything with the Space Pirates/ Federation/ Bounty Hunters/ and items is pretty simple to grasp it is just wrapping your head around things with all the different things that can happen.      Some of the items are kinda similar to the viruses from my first Resident Evil game in its effects while others are just standard for the typical Mafia game.   You really put a good game together it is just a matter of us playing it to the best of our ability.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
Okay so I am going to see if I can destress from today with the toilet flooding and the pandemic going on and come back with a clearer head to focus more on the game and see if I can figure things out for Day 2. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:56 PM »
Okay so I think Khushrenada's posts clarified some things for me.

For those curious about Pokepal I think there is two things that could of happened.    Pokepal was saved from the vote out via the Doctor role(Ridley) and then the Mafia used the recon to not make a hit but to gather info and to avoid any kills as it pertains to the Federation Trooper since they can escape any kills/voteouts targeted towards them.   The other one is that pokepal was saved via the Federation Trooper ShineSpark while the Mafia was reconing and that is how pokepal wasn't voted out and there was no hit from the Mafia.    The Shine Spark makes it so they can not be voted out if, I am reading things correctly, and dashes past the day for the Federation Trooper when the federation Trooper is on recon.  So I think this might mean that we can't vote out pokepal today but what we can do is see if the Vigilante or Dark Samus can take out pokepal and the doctor protects someone else or not at all so there is no way that he can get out of being killed tonight. 

For now I propose looking to vote out someone who was one of the folks who voted for Pokepal or we can try  an vote out of one of the runner ups on the Day 1 vote so either Mop it up or ShyGuy.  Maybe the Investigator searches one of those and they can forward it up through PMs and then a player can post it here.  A lot of the time if it works for the Mafia they will vote for a teammate as a cover so they can blend in more later on in the game.   

Thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:09:50 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »

In some aspects yes and in other aspects no.  I just think a lot of the possible things that can happen in the game can be daunting to wrap ones head around.  The No is everything with the Space Pirates/ Federation/ Bounty Hunters/ and items is pretty simple to grasp it is just wrapping your head around things with all the different things that can happen.      Some of the items are kinda similar to the viruses from my first Resident Evil game in its effects while others are just standard for the typical Mafia game.   You really put a good game together it is just a matter of us playing it to the best of our ability.

I agree.  It's not too complicated, but I think we all might've just had a few questions because of all the possibilities.  This is a pretty fun set up.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »
The list of mutineers and traitors who voted against me are as follows.

Mop it Up
Stevey
Luigidude
Insanolord
Shyguy
ejamer
TheFleece
BeautifulShy

I'm still weighing my options but my vote will likely go against someone listed above, since I strongly believe that both Samuses and at least half of the mafia are on this list. Da big question question of course is which of these players would be most likely to than go on to kill thatguy during da night period... Dat narrows things down quite a bit.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2020, 06:36:42 PM »
So, again, having increased my understanding of the rules, I think Samus's hit ended up being the best thing for Dark Samus.  There's no more risk of becoming the SA-X and losing powerups.  It's a bit of a wash for Samus, since nothing is gained on her end though nothing lost.

This game is going to intensify as we go along with Samus/Dark Samus gaining so many abilities.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2020, 06:44:05 PM »
I just want to make it clear, on record, I don't need any in-game motivation to vote against Pokepal. Especially when Khush is the host.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2020, 06:50:05 PM »
I had my vote on Lucario to start an entirely random vote but decided to change it later to create a tie with my ShyGuy vote.   I saw thatguys post and I thought it was the best option because it would just be a matter of time before there was more hits/kills from the Mafia/Samus/Dark Samus where knowing that pokepal had the  Metroid that would have been an easy target.  It was a surprise that pokepal is still in the game when I opened up the Day 2 thread. 

With that said I need to look through the Day 1 thread again and see if I can find anything.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:08 PM »
After some thought and going through the Day 1 thread I think I am going to vote for Steefosaurus.  He was one of the people to comment before pokepal made his declaration of having a Metroid.  Noted the votes on pokepal and then later voted for Mop it up after thatguy made his post.  He zigged when everyone else zagged. That seems odd to me.   

Vote Steefosaurus
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2020, 10:25:33 PM »

Mop it Up
Stevey
Luigidude
Insanolord
Shyguy
ejamer
TheFleece
BeautifulShy
I'm still weighing my options but my vote will likely go against someone listed above, since I strongly believe that both Samuses and at least half of the mafia are on this list. Da big question question of course is which of these players would be most likely to than go on to kill thatguy during da night period... Dat narrows things down quite a bit.

I don't agree with your numbers at all.

The mafia and hunters know who is on their team, right? And neither group chose to eliminate pokepal at night, despite knowing how votes were trending (and in fact turned out).  Why would they all pile in on the first vote like you suggest instead of having some law low? Seems doubtful they would be that eager to act as a group on day one.

And isn't voting out pokepal and having the Metroid randomly reassigned worse for both hunters+mafia, compared to knowing where it sits and just having to knock off the doctor to be able to safely swing by and pick it up one night, without having their name on any incriminating lists? And there is extra incentive for mafia members to not vote out pokepal early, as that would make them targets for bounty hunters as possible Metroid owners if the vote had gone through.

No, I don't believe your 4/8 assertion at all, and think it's aggressively off track.

Let's be generous and assume that 3 of the 6 hunters+mafia did dive into the vote, hoping that the doctor isn't paying attention or doesn't want to use their power...  That leaves a 3/8 chance of picking correctly (3/7 if you trust that I'm a townie; I am, but don't have any way to prove it) versus 3/9 if voting out someone not on your list (3/8 if you trust pokepal to be a townie).

If 2 or fewer hunters+mafia voted for pokepal yesterday, those odds flip and suddenly it becomes a better choice to vote for someone who didn't vote pokepal on day one.

So I guess it depends on how you think hunters+mafia would behave during day one voting. I don't think they would pile on the vote and then both actively choose not to hit pokepal at night; that doesn't make sense to me, but I'm pretty lousy at the game.
NNID: ejamer

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2020, 10:30:37 PM »

The ruleset is complicated and might need some balance tweaks in a v2.0 game later, but it's also good and thematic and interesting.
 Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2020, 01:30:10 AM »
So, I was going to check in here about 2.5 hours ago to let you all know the vote since that would have been 12 hours before the deadline. Not sure if you all are forgetting that there's only 48 in a day and this day ends tomorrow morning....

Current Vote Tally

Steefosaurus - 2
Mr. Bungle - 1

Yikes. 17 players but only 3 votes right now. I don't know how this vote is going to go down but I'd say everyone playing is still an option and at risk.

That said, I typically sleep in a bit on a Saturday morning so not sure I'll be away right when voting ends. So, you players may get lucky with an extra hour or so of voting but I wouldn't bank on it just to be safe.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2020, 02:30:58 AM »
(

Mop it Up
Stevey
Luigidude
Insanolord
Shyguy
ejamer
TheFleece
BeautifulShy

I don't agree with your numbers at all.

The mafia and hunters know who is on their team, right? And neither group chose to eliminate pokepal at night, despite knowing how votes were trending (and in fact turned out).  Why would they all pile in on the first vote like you suggest instead of having some law low? Seems doubtful they would be that eager to act as a group on day one.
Both hunters are basically their own parties. They both operate completely independently from eachother and don't know eachother's identities.

And isn't voting out pokepal and having the Metroid randomly reassigned worse for both hunters+mafia, compared to knowing where it sits and just having to knock off the doctor to be able to safely swing by and pick it up one night, without having their name on any incriminating lists? And there is extra incentive for mafia members to not vote out pokepal early, as that would make them targets for bounty hunters as possible Metroid owners if the vote had gone through.
You aren't wrong but at the same time if the mafia had gotten it they'd be able to assign it to a player who wasn't on that vote, that way even if the one or two members that were in on the vote get picked off they still have the metroid. Since they have 4 members it would be easy for them to just have one or two players hop in the vote while the rest just sit back.

No, I don't believe your 4/8 assertion at all, and think it's aggressively off track.

It probably is a bit much but there isn't much else we can go off atm. As the game goes on we'll have more information and it will be easy to piece things together and make informed decisions but for now this is what we have to work with.
Let's be generous and assume that 3 of the 6 hunters+mafia did dive into the vote, hoping that the doctor isn't paying attention or doesn't want to use their power...  That leaves a 3/8 chance of picking correctly (3/7 if you trust that I'm a townie; I am, but don't have any way to prove it) versus 3/9 if voting out someone not on your list (3/8 if you trust pokepal to be a townie).

If 2 or fewer hunters+mafia voted for pokepal yesterday, those odds flip and suddenly it becomes a better choice to vote for someone who didn't vote pokepal on day one.

So I guess it depends on how you think hunters+mafia would behave during day one voting. I don't think they would pile on the vote and then both actively choose not to hit pokepal at night; that doesn't make sense to me, but I'm pretty lousy at the game.
I don't think very many of us realized that the doctor could save someone from the vote before today. I only skimmed the rules which lead to a bunch of erronious statements on my part during day 1 and many people just don't bother reading the rules at all unless they survive a few days in.

But you actually raised a good point that I feel is worth discussing, It would make sense for Samus to try to keep me alive during the day period so they can take a shot at me at night. Given how dominant the vote against me was that wasn't really an option towards the end but there's one player whose actions during the vote yesterday are worth drawing attention to. Her name is BeautifulShy.

I had my vote on Lucario to start an entirely random vote but decided to change it later to create a tie with my ShyGuy vote.   I saw thatguys post and I thought it was the best option because it would just be a matter of time before there was more hits/kills from the Mafia/Samus/Dark Samus where knowing that pokepal had the  Metroid that would have been an easy target.  It was a surprise that pokepal is still in the game when I opened up the Day 2 thread. 

Her actions and story make sense from a townie perspective so on their own they check out but I'm going to play devil's advocate here and propose an alternative theory that I feel better explains her actions so far:

BeautifulShy is Samus.

Upon learning I had the metroid and seeing that I already was on the ropes she chose to defend me in the vote so that she could take a shot at me during the night period instead. Once the voting situation became unsalvagable she quietly modified one of her posts in the thread to include a vote against me so she'd have a shot at getting the metroid that way.

She herself said that it was a surprise that I was still alive in the day 2 thread so I don't think she realized that the Doctor could save me from the vote, which is why she instead used her hit to pick off thatguy, a player that I know for a fact that she considers quite dangerous anyways and whose vote against me would give her another shot at the Metroid.

You could argue it's a bit of a stretch but let's consider this:

• The fact that she chose not to make a new post to change her vote to one against me suggests that she did not want to draw attention to her sudden change of heart. If she were a townie she would have nothing to hide, especially since thatguy provided an excellent excuse for someone to change their vote to one against me. However, if she were Samus, I could easily see BeautifulShy being someone who would take extra precautions to hide her tracks, not realizing that it just makes her actions stand out more.
  • BeautifulShy is also someone who, if she feels that players are catching on to her, tends to respond by trying to deflect blame onto other players with shaky reasoning at best, a really good example of this is her vote against Steefosaurus.
  • As someone who is notorious for being a PM fiend in this game, her silence this time around, at least with me, has been deafening. I've deduced her identity early on in the past through PM conversations and Day 1 hi-jinx (specifically during the f-zero game) so I could easily see her being hesitant to interact with me if she has something to hide.

I don't know about you, but I feel like the best course of action at the moment is to vote BeautifulShy)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2020, 04:12:53 AM »
I will give you a point on one of those pokepal that I didn't make a new post with my vote but modified an earlier one with my pokepal vote.  Thing is I kept track of everyones activity even my own so as to have a record for townies to look back on so that people can see what players were doing. 

Thing is my vote for Steefosaurus today is based who could possibly gain from not knowing about your "role" with the Metroid when they were active before your posted about your claim. A look back on the Day 1 thread shows that there was several people that were active and posted before you made your declaration.  Stratos, Me, ejamer, Mr. Bungle, pokepal with your vote for stevey,  and steefosaurus.   None of them had motive at the time to go after you it wasn't until proclaimed that you had the Metroid that it put a target on your back.  Why would you do that when the end goal for the game for the bounty hunters is to capture the Metroid to end the game?  Why put that target on your head? 

As for my activity in PMs I have been in contact with folks that have either reached out to me from my posts or because I wanted to ask them their thoughts on why you would do this and bring all the attention to yourself.  There hasn't been much going on because the focus has been on you this whole time. 

Oh one other thing... Today is Dark Samus kill day. Why are you going after someone claiming to be "Samus"  Are you trying to make it so Dark Samus has the Bounty Hunter Hit each day going forward and making it so that Dark Samus can gain all the items from the players from this point forward? Not a very townie thing to do in my opinion.   We want the Bounty Hunters fighting amongst each other for items and not having one player having them all at one time. 

Oh one last thing. We know that the Mafia likely reconed and we know the Federation Commander and Federation Marine can find out what role and items a player has from their recon chips. Commander with the X-Ray visor to find roles and Marine can find out what items/powerups a player has.   If I am "Samus" it would give the Mafia more incentive to go after someone who could possible be a problem for them down the road.     Claiming that I am Samus is a good cover for a Mafia member to blend in after today and to go through out the game unnoticed or at the very least be the figure head for the "Townies" with a fake alliance and guide the townies to their doom.   

Not to mention your track record the past two games as a townie are not good in leading the townies to victory.  In the f-Zero game you were the townie detective and the Encryptor to start in my Resident Evil Neighbor game you figured out a way to use your role to make it sure that everyone knew you were Leon S Kennedy the encryptor but after that you just made useless posts about Khushrenada smelling and other non townie helping info that didn't point out possible Mafia members or any other comments on the days goings on.  You didn't do anything for the townie cause while you were a townie before you were neighborized. Not a good track record.

In the f-Zero game before dying after the first day where I was killed by the Killer and then I revived you pokepal you didn't do much for the game with your second chance. I was the race leader and chose not to save MASB thus taking out Mafia Goon #3 when it was tied between you and MASB.  I essentually saved you twice. One from the tie breaker voteout because I was the race leader and then I revived you because I knew you were the detective and would give the townies a second chance. How did you do with the second chance. Mixed one can say.

On Day two of that game you started a vote for ShyGuy and then changed your vote to Lucario. ShyGuy turned out to be a normal normal townie. Day 3 you voted for Lucario who was the Killer.  Good on you for that one.  Day 4 you became the new Race Leader. You voted for Stratos because you thought they were part of the couple. Stratos was part of the couple but a normal townie so mixed on that.  Getting the couple out of the game that early made it easier for the Mafia to win the game because the townies did the dirty work for them.  Day 5 you investigated Insanolord and they came back as Mafia. But as Mr. Bungle pointed out if two of the remaining racers were Mafia then that would give less days to work with to vote out the remaining Mafia members. You had to be perfect the rest of the game in voting out Mafia members. Lets see how you did on Day 6 and 7. You were shown in the Day 6 thread of being killed by the Mafia. Insanolord was the Rouge Mafia Goon and their special ability was not passed on to Goon #2. Okay good. 

From there Mop it up and thatguy voted out The Perm on Day 6 and then Mr. Bungle in the Mafia hit both normal townies to pretty much wrap up the game.  Both voted out Nickmitch to end the game. 

If pokepal didn't let thatguy into the townie alliance then the townies would of had a chance and also in voting out Stratos who was part of the couple it gave the Mafia an easier chance for victory.    Not townie leading material to guide the townies to victory for this game. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:13:10 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 05:19:26 AM »
Actually, after reading all of this, a thought occurs to me... I still believe bshy is probably Sammy and her reaction to my accusation doesn't help but why should "We", the town go after bshy when we can have Dark Samus or the Mafia probably do it for us during the night period? That seems like a much more fun course of action and if they don't than we can always vote her out tomorrow and cancel her kill instead of giving it to Dark Samus.

Basically, either Dark Sammy has to work for getting the full time bounty hunter kill while us townies are safe for the night, or we townies get to cancel the kill tomorrow. It's a win win.

So for now, since I probably won't be awake in time for voting to close, i guess I'll fall back on the old vedetta. vote Stevey

Also, if BS wanted an explanation for my actions she could always just ask me instead of trying to get other people to figure out how my mind works. After all, unlike her, I have nothing to hide. :smug:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 05:26:00 AM »
Also, if BS wanted an explanation for my actions she could always just ask me.

I literally just asked you in that post of mine.   

Why would you do that when the end goal for the game for the bounty hunters is to capture the Metroid to end the game?  Why put that target on your head?

Now it looks like you are avoiding the question by changing the vote on me to stevey.  No clear answers with you this game.      Plus why are you hidden on the forum?  I have nothing to hide because I have been showing up online and not being hidden. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:52:37 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 05:41:52 AM »
Sorry, I missed that part. However the answer is simple. I figured if I outed myself than both Samuses and part of the mafia would attempt to vote me out, since I i would ve guaranteed the doctor's protection. Than it would be a simple matter of analyzing the results and surviving to the next day. That second part didn't go so well but I'm still here, the Metroid is here as well, and I'd say despite some unfortunate setbacks everyone has plenty of material to work with so we can bust some mafia and sammy heads.

To be honest it wasn't a particularly well thought out plan and I probably shouldn't have rushed into it like I said, i'm still alive and I feel that it's given us alot to think about.

Besides, I've gotten way too noisy and active in these games to not get picked off by a night action at some point without some kind of protection and if I stayed quiet like a rational person would in my situation and tried to get by on inactivity people would assume that something is up.