Author Topic: Episode 127: (Expletive) Mario Platformer  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Daan

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Episode 127: (Expletive) Mario Platformer
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, an interview with eShop developer Leuvsion, and a postmortem discussion about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/36997/episode-127-expletive-mario-platformer

Hello and welcome to episode 127 of Connectivity! We have three segments for you this week.

Kicking the show off, Daan sits down to interview Lewis Pugh about his upcoming Wii U eShop title, Twisted Fusion. Lewis describes the open world action platformer, his experience developing for the Wii U, and the game's upcoming Kickstarter campaign. To keep up with all the latest news about Twisted Fusion, be sure to follow Lewis on Twitter.

After that, Scott joins Daan to discuss Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. The brain-busting crossover just released in Europe and Australia, with a US release to follow later this year. Daan breaks down how well the two worlds combine and how long-time fans of both series will receive the game.

Finally, Scott, Alex, and Addison host one final, postmortem discussion of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. The boys talk about expectations and how the 2-D platformer ultimately stacks up against the giant ape's other notable adventures. What did you think about Tropical Freeze? Let us know!

That's it for this week's show. Be sure to click here to send us some listener mail. We'll see you next week!

Offline Tyto_Alba

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 127: (Expletive) Mario Platformer
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
thanks for posting this so soon. sunday is ideal of listening to podcasts.
Tropical Freeze is amazing. i just finished the K-levels and that took me a long time. it's too bad about the multiplayer, but as a singleplayer experience, it's brilliant.

Offline HeyItsMe

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 127: (Expletive) Mario Platformer
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »
As my own opinion I really didn't find Tropical Freeze really hard which is why I didn't like it that much more than Returns. I found it extremely easy with the exception of the Temple levels. But there are no way it compares to the Bat(Rocket Barrel Level which I probably lost like 50 lives on that level) and any of the other temple levels in DK Country Returns. I played it on Wii with motion control(which I didn't really mind) and played it again on 3DS with buttons. I still found it really hard compared to Tropical Freeze. Or maybe I'm just really good at 2D platformers. On the other hand Tropical Freeze has some amazing music and level design.