Author Topic: Episode 117: That's Your Gateway Drug  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Episode 117: That's Your Gateway Drug
« on: January 18, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »

In which our penchant for gameshows returns.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/36379

Back again, like the prodigal son that it is, it's a brand new episode of Connectivity! I bet you didn't expect that, did you? Oh, you did? Well here's a gold star for you. Good job.

Anyway, we've got two segments on this week's show. Daan has been working on this original gameshow idea, our first segment, for a few weeks now. I'm sure you'll agree that it was well worth the wait you didn't know you were going through. After that, Zach and Scott sit down to discuss the games that truly defined the Wii, and not just the good ones.

We'd really like some listener mail. I swear we love reading it, but that's not possible when you don't send it in. Please send us some words by clicking here. And if you've got a moment, please rate and review the show on iTunes.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 117: That's Your Gateway Drug
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »
I would have done so well in "Defense" part of the quiz, because i sincerely believe that Rayman Legends IS in fact a much lesser game than Origins and Super Mario 3D World is one of the best Mario games of all times.

Also you don't need to shake wiimote in Super Mario Galaxy! Shaking nunchuck works so much better.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Disco Stu

• Has a Fever for Saturday Night
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:35:14 PM »
I can't be the only one who, when Alex guessed Lindemann as a guest on Radio Trivia, involuntarily laughed and said "Yeah right!".   :)

Seriously though, I really enjoyed the "year in review" style game show!
I got hooked on the white stuff back in the 70s.

Offline Tyto_Alba

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
The most iconic Wii games to me are mainly the early ones like Resident Evil Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles, Wii Fit, Eternal Ocean, Mario Kart and Castlevania Judgment.
Later games were very good also, but these made the most impression somehow.

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 11:23:54 PM »
I honestly believe that years down the road, the main thing the Wii will be remembered for is the Virtual Console. It was the first time any company had released their (and others) catalogs to this scale. I think Nintendo really realized what their past was worth. It may not have gone as smoothly as we would have liked, or had everything we dreamed about it, but it is one of the defining characteristics of the system.