Author Topic: Third Party Titles Now Including Club Nintendo Points  (Read 4853 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Third Party Titles Now Including Club Nintendo Points
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »

My brand new copy of WWE All-Stars for 3DS came with an unexpected surprise.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28554

Club Nintendo points, previously reserved for first party Nintendo-published games, are now being included on select third party titles in North America. Both WWE All-Stars and Sonic Generations (published by THQ and Sega respectively) for Nintendo 3DS include codes that are redeemable for 30 Club Nintendo points.

This has been going on sporadically for some time in Europe, as detailed in this story from March.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Titles Now Including Club Nintendo Points
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:22:02 PM »
About time.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
Hell yeah!

Offline DanielM

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:54:59 PM »
That's good to hear. I've gotten platinum 3 years in a row, but I have a feeling if Wii U doesn't come out before the cut off point I might not make it this year  :'( . But then again, A lot of games will be coming out in Q1 of next year.
Daniel Mousseau
Web Programmer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 04:00:22 PM »
I think it's pretty much confirmed that Wii U won't come out before June 30, so prepare to stock up on Wii and DS games to get Platinum.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »
What would be nice is if Nintendo Selects were to include third party titles as well.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline SupaKirb

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 05:52:22 PM »
I never thought we would see the day. But you know what, this could potentially be very good publicity for Nintendo. This could be looked at as some form of respect from Nintendo to the 3rd party devs.  It's a "We respect your product as much as our own" kinda thing. I really wish this was had happened sooner.

Thank you Nintendo! Embrace the 3rd party, they WILL help you make nice with the "hardcore".

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »
I've been asking for this in the surveys for quite some time now. I'm glad they finally thought of  it on their own.

This only encourages 3rd party sales among the Nintendo loyalist and that is a good thing.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 06:27:44 PM »
This only encourages 3rd party sales among the Nintendo loyalist and that is a good thing.

Are there honestly dipshits that don't buy third party games because they don't get points?

I'll buy more third party games when Nintendo attracts good third party games.  It ain't like I'm anti-third party with my PS3 purchases.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »
I'm not even suggesting that people don't buy the 3rd party games because they don't get points, but I am suggesting that more loyalist will actively seek out extra 3rd party titles because they do get points.

The majority of us may just keep buying what were were already gonna buy (1st & 3rd party), but maybe we will put more effort into making sure we buy it new since we actually get something out of it.

And when it comes down to buying a game for those few extra points needed to reach Gold or Platinum for the year, we now have the option of buying that 3rd party game we always meant to try out but never got around to buying vs picking up the first cheap Nintendo published software (such as Fling smash or something else equally low profile)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 06:58:10 PM »

Are there honestly dipshits that don't buy third party games because they don't get points?

I'll buy more third party games when Nintendo attracts good third party games.  It ain't like I'm anti-third party with my PS3 purchases.

Did you ever try No More Heroes on the Wii? Its a pretty decent 3rd party Wii offering. In fact it was so good that it was ported to the PS3 recently. If you never got it on your Wii you can now get it on your PS3, but if you do that it would be the epitome of everything wrong with this whole mess.
is your sanity...

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

Did you ever try No More Heroes on the Wii? Its a pretty decent 3rd party Wii offering. In fact it was so good that it was ported to the PS3 recently. If you never got it on your Wii you can now get it on your PS3, but if you do that it would be the epitome of everything wrong with this whole mess.

That would mean he's have to buy a Move + Playstation Eye to play the game the way it was meant to be played, and I'm rapidly getting to the point where I can't see any reason to recommend the Move to anyone after all the bad game experiences I've had with the thing.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »
I'm glad to see another third-party game include a registration code, hopefully it means that a decent number of third-party games will have them in the future.

As for being an incentive to buy games: I don't think it is for anyone, but I do think that the point of Club Nintendo is to entice people to buy a game new instead of used. I know that there have been times where I've waited to find a game new on sale as opposed to buying it used to ensure that I would get a code.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »
This would matter more if you could actually redeem the points for something interesting. Desk calendars are not cool. What say we try a straight-up conversion into Nintendo Points instead? It's not like those digital goods cost Nintendo anything. ;)
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 10:55:28 PM »
That's another suggestion I've submitted to Nintendo over and over again.

Hopefully they will come up with that idea on their own too... in another 4 or 5 years.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 12:11:24 AM »
This would matter more if you could actually redeem the points for something interesting. Desk calendars are not cool. What say we try a straight-up conversion into Nintendo Points instead? It's not like those digital goods cost Nintendo anything. ;)

I've offered many times to trade Nintendo Points for Club Nintendo merchandise.  Not the best in conversion value, but probably similar to what Club Nintendo would give you. :D

I don't *not* buy them, but if they came with coins, I might consider buying them sooner/new.

But, honestly, I don't buy too many third party games anyway....
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 12:13:16 AM »
Europe already does a program like that (which I assume Morari knows), and I agree that it would be nice if NOA did that too. I have some coins that I have and don't want any of the items available.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20