Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Wiimake on Gamestop's database  (Read 59607 times)

Offline UniversalJuan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Wiimake on Gamestop's database
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2007, 05:47:32 PM »

Originally posted by: Bloodworth
The ammo complaints are odd.  I am definitely feeling like I have less ammo than before, and it seems some of the people on GAF are experiencing the same thing.  Are you sure you just aren't used to the harder difficulty settings OR have gotten used to kicking/knifing more?

I can definitely relate here. Not to mention I swear I used an entire clip of handgun ammo on a Ganado and the bastard STILL didn't die. I've done a triple check more than once to make sure I didn't magically unlock Professional without even beating the game first! I've run out of ammo way more in the Wii version than in the Cube version. I've also died way more, and I could swear the Ganado count has gone UP.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
RE: Resident Evil 4 Wiimake on Gamestop's database
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2007, 12:45:21 AM »
You see.  I'm sort of mix on Ammo so far.  I've only ran out once with the handgun but thats because I didn't want to leave my position to go and pick up the ammo that the enemies dropped.  I just switched to the shotgun and finished them off.  I tried to use the knife but I just can't.  EVERYONE in the game so far has at least an arms length range difference.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2007, 02:15:20 AM »
My copy finally shipped yesterday!!
RE4 love for next weekend hopefully!
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2007, 09:28:21 AM »
On the ammo topic, I feel I've been getting less handgun and shotgun ammo.  Plenty for the TMP though.  And the ganandos seem to stand back when alone, so I can't knife easily OR they'll gang up and rush me so I NEED the shotgun.  Maybe it's cause I played the game 2 years ago, but it does feel different.
Life is good

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2007, 01:02:47 AM »
I have adequate amounts of shotgun and handgun ammo.  Beyond that, I'm filthy stinking rich.

Anyway, an update on my "pre-order" with Capcom.  I asked what the hell was up with my order status and they told me it was "on backorder."  My order status on the site hasn't changed since launch day.  How the FOCK does a company store allow their own game to be on backorder upon release?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
Tell them to go to Wal-Mart and buy it, then send it to you...but since you already bought it, why not just cancel the order?
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2007, 04:52:46 PM »
Indeed I did.

I will get Ashley home safely, and as a virgin, tonight.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2007, 09:53:43 AM »
Handgun ammo feels fine, but it seems I can never have enough shotty ammo.

I forgot how much I absolutely loved this game, and the Wiimote aiming is making it so much less of a chore that I could see myself playing through this multiple times.

Cap downloaded a save file so I could jump right to professional mode and it's definitely harder, but still very much livable, but I credit that to my knowledge of the game beforehand.

Also, no matter what they do to this game, it'll never be a non-game. This is a gamer game through and through, and you can tell by the fact that failure is punished by showing you gruesome images of your character being slaughtered instead of saying "Aww, try again!"

I've been playing Cap's copy but I think I might buy my own on principle, and in the off-chance that Capcom is counting the number of copies sold to decide whether or not they should release RE5 on the Wii...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2007, 08:57:23 PM »
Separate Ways and the Movie Browser can go fork themselves.

Nice to see all that extra disc space being used by LITERALLY including the PS2 extras, namely obsolete PS2 FMV.

At least Twin Snakes had the diginity to render everything in its Demo Theater.

Offline tiamat1990

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2007, 09:28:40 PM »

Originally posted by: Ghisy

So how is it?? I'm still wondering whether or not to get this...

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2007, 09:39:04 PM »
I played through the initial game and beat it and am working on the extras.

The game is really good still. I had the Gamecube version a while back but traded it in. Getting it again for wii for 30 dollars was a great purchase, IMHO, and it feels very different with the wii controls. In a good way. The game still looks great and the extras are really nice if you never got the PS2 version.

It's a great single player experience and I highly recommend it.

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2007, 09:39:04 PM »
 Double post ftl.

Offline tiamat1990

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2007, 10:16:40 PM »
Yeah I'll probably get it...just wondering though, I've been hearing that if you plug Gamecube controller in, without the nunchuk on the wiimote, you can play using the Cube controller. That's not true is it?

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2007, 10:55:11 PM »
You can use the Gamecube controller if you like =)

The game supports the Wiimote and nunchuck combo, the classic controller and the GC controller.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 26, 2007, 01:48:07 AM »
This weekend I played a lot of RE4 and have gotten much farther then I did originally, I had to return it.  I have to say that I'm still enjoying the game.  The Red9 is great and I can't believe how effective it is to shoot people in the Kneecaps.  Though I was all psyched to get the Striker because I heard it was the best shotgun in the first run through... Yeah that gun is made of fail.  It takes me more shots to just take someone out then it does with the red9.  Its only good for close quarters groups...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2007, 04:51:04 AM »
I still get a small adrenal rush when I fire a shotgun blast into a solid wall of attackers, watching them all fly backwards from the shot.

Too awesome...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2007, 07:31:56 AM »
How about walking around while hearing a Regenerator breathing behind you?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2007, 07:35:17 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
Though I was all psyched to get the Striker because I heard it was the best shotgun in the first run through... Yeah that gun is made of fail.  It takes me more shots to just take someone out then it does with the red9.  Its only good for close quarters groups...
I'm in the minority here, but the Riot Gun is better than the Striker.  It just looks so cool.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
How about walking around while hearing a Regenerator breathing behind you?

Haven't gotten that far.

Haven't had the time.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2007, 11:24:43 AM »
How about facing a chainsaw guy steel-to-steel, using your trusty knife?

a lot like this guy would

(for those who need educating)

Offline Ghisy

• Pronounced "GC"
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2007, 06:37:20 AM »

Originally posted by: tiamat1990

Originally posted by: Ghisy

So how is it?? I'm still wondering whether or not to get this...

Not here yet, in a few days I hope...
~Ghisy~
(pronounced GC!)

Currently playing: My Japanese Coach (DS), Resident Evil 5 (PS3), The Conduit (WII), Street Fighter IV (PS3)

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2007, 06:39:37 AM »
I eventually sold the Striker and bought/fully upgraded the Shotgun again.  It was nice to have it back.  Though I really wish they would have converted the Rifle controls to use the pointer.  Using the analog stick is sort of clunky.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2007, 06:49:52 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
How about facing a chainsaw guy steel-to-steel, using your trusty knife?

I've never swung my knife at a chainsaw guy when he was standing. Does that actually work?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2007, 07:27:10 AM »
He's vulnerable when he misses a swing of the chainsaw.

You can trigger the swing by "faking" a run by simply clicking Z + Up together.  Just remember to backup when necessary.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 27, 2007, 08:34:31 AM »
He doesn't even need to miss the swing; just slash when he raises his chainsaw and he'll take a step back.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!