Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674251 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Thread: Congrats to the Warriors on winning the 2018-19 NBA Finals
« Reply #725 on: December 10, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »
Steph Curry isn’t allowed any more MVP awards until he admits the moon landing happened. It’s weird that’s even a thing I typed.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 10, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »
Steph Curry isn’t allowed any more MVP awards until he admits the moon landing happened. It’s weird that’s even a thing I typed.

I saw that today... I'm gonna have to give him a 1- time pass on this one. I know theirs some controversy over the validity of the original moon landing footage,  and it is kinda suspicious that we haven't really been back since.

But i gotta chalk that up to it being very expensive, and no real urgent benefit to going back without a larger goal in mind and the tech to support it.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #727 on: December 10, 2018, 06:54:20 PM »
Gonna just drop this here:

For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPj60sy9Cfw
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 10, 2018, 09:08:30 PM »
for the record, I'm not a doubter. I just understand some of the reasons why some people may doubt it.

and it still doesn't explain why we haven't really been back, but I'm leaving that up to technological limits for extended stay, cost and actual purpose of being there (mining, setting up a base, transport of goods/equipment to and from).

I feel that technologically, we are very close to making an actual Moon Base, mine, and launching pad a reality.

but back on topic, I just bought tix to the Warriors Raptors game on Wednesday, so I'll try and talk some sense into Curry in person, face to face, man to man.

It's my 1st game this season, and the 1st game I'll take my lil me to as well.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 10, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »
He deserves to be ruthlessly mocked the same way Kyrie Irving was for being a flat earther. Ungodly talent isn't an excuse for being ignorant.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 10, 2018, 09:42:10 PM »
Well.... the video and pics are questionable, regardless of the "proof" and recreative evidence provided.

Not to say that we haven't actually been there, just that the initial video stream of the event certainly does look questionable depending on which glasses you choose to view it through.

Saying the earth is flat though.... I believe that's 2 whole different levels of ignorant.
Kyrie's flown around the world. He has undeniable evidence provided through his own eyes, and yet the truth still escapes him.

How many people do we know that has flown around the world? sailed around the world?
how many have fallen off or fell into... space!?

on the other hand... who do we know that's actually been to the moon? or personally knows someone who knows someone with first hand evidence of actually being on the moon?

Not to say it didn't happen, just pointing out that the skepticism is on 2 very different levels of ::jackiechanwhut::
For one, we have easily provable evidence that can be experienced by any and everyone with ease.
the other... well, we just gotta take their word that it happened when and the way we saw, and then believe the science that regardless of how possible it was, the original video was legit.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:46:12 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 11, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »
THE REAL REASON CURRY SAID HE DOUBTED THE MOON LANDING
hint: it was all a rouse

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25508943/nasa-offers-show-proof-moon-landing-golden-state-warriors-star-stephen-curry?platform=amp

Hee just got himself, his family and the team(?) a 1st hand VIP tour of the NASA facility next time they in Houston.
Clever clever Curry /s?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #732 on: December 11, 2018, 08:19:47 PM »
Clever bastard.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 15, 2018, 06:45:15 PM »
Just found this funny, so thought I would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDkVztmkcQM

anyone watch that Warriors game last night vs Sacramento Kings?

I think it would be fun if all 4 Cali teams could make the playoff this year.
This Kings team plays really fast, and was very fun to watch.
the rookie ref (3rd ref) almost fucked this game up, but Jordan Bell needs to get his **** together as well (he just annoys me). He often looks lost and almost always goes up soft. Gotta stop chillin' with Klay in the hotbox before the game.
Dubs pull out a crazy win with lockdown defense in the last 3 minutes to come back from being 10pts down (after initially being up 16pts) and win by 5, but damn it was a good game.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:09:21 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #734 on: December 15, 2018, 11:58:13 PM »
That Pelicans one kinda hurt.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: December 24, 2018, 02:00:04 PM »
I'm a little disappointed I missed the Dubs vs Mavs game on Saturday, as I was curious how Luka would perform. The kid is gonna be good in the near future.

I also missed the Mavs v Blazers game, but damn Luka. this kid is Cutch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F2XO78Qr60

corner 3 at the buzzer to force OT.
they didn't win, but if it weren't for Luka, Mavs wouldn't be in many conversations this year at all.

and at current standings, the only team in the West that is not competing for a Playoff Position at this point, is the Suns. Everyone else has a change at making Top 8 at this point.
Comparatively, in the East, the bottom 4 (or 5...) are not likely gonna find themselves in a position to push for a playoff spot based on current standings.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 07:16:23 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 07, 2019, 09:58:38 PM »
Cleveland being shady AF

https://deadspin.com/the-patrick-mccaw-holdout-saga-keeps-getting-weirder-1831559301

It seems like Cleveland pretty clearly signed McCaw to a deal they knew the Warriors wouldn’t match simply to cut him and get him out of restricted free agency.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 09, 2019, 07:27:13 PM »
Coming Soon..... Jan 18th v the Clippers

If DMC is even 80% his usual self.... league on notice.
If Klay continues playing like he has the last few games.... (43pts on 4 dribbles last night) grab your raincoats.
If Dray stay productive with pts in the paint and occasionally from the 3, the Dubs are back baby.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #739 on: January 09, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »
LMAO, that team is so stacked. Multiple all-NBA appearance for each of those five. And a number of all-star appearances I don't feel like counting.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:30:56 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 09, 2019, 11:52:13 PM »
#ruinthegame

3peat in the making (I'm really hoping they pull this off)

if they win again this year (assuming everyone stays healthy, it's theirs to lose, but ::knock on wood:: just in case) the off season is going to be VERY VERY INTERESTING.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 19, 2019, 04:27:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1086341294350368768

DMC: Resurrection as a Warrior
14 points (3/4 from 3), 6 rebounds, 3 rebounds, 2 steals (and 6 fouls) in 15 min

Great opening effort.
In his defense, the refs were out of fucking control with the fouls.
There were 4 Techs in the 1st half.
Draymond had 2, and stayed in the game (2nd was for full speed power dunk swinging pullup combo)
Durant got one for screaming "And 1" toward the ref
it really sucked the flow out the game in the 1st quarter... calls on both sides. Refs were over doing it.

But if this was the Boogie come back game, where the Dubs could barely buy a 3, yet still shut down the Clips, the rest of the season is gonna be FUN*

*for Warrior fans. LOL
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:28:51 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 20, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »
From the Laker game last night.

They were putting a hurting to The Harden Rockets, and then Lonzo sprained his own ankle.
Harden brought it back to OT and the KCP decides that he didn't really want the Lakers to have a change to win last night.....

Down 1, about 8 seconds difference between shot and game clock. 18 seconds on the shot, 24 seconds left in the game. You want to wind down the clock as much as you can, but more importantly.... YOU NEED TO SCORE!!

So with KCP being 0/6 from 3 for the night, this ofcourse seems like the best basketball play to make... https://streamable.com/bvaub

WTF is you doing man?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 22, 2019, 01:10:19 AM »
Klay Thompson with the 🔥HEAT CHECK🔥 tonight.

10 for his first 10 from 3pt Landđź’¦

The Toaster is back with a NEW NBA RECORD!! đź‘Śđź’Ż

now how long before Steph Curry comes and breaks these records that he's going out of his way to help Klay set? ....and people think Klay is gonna leave the Warriors in the off-season. LMAO
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 01:14:01 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 22, 2019, 03:14:15 AM »
Since tonight is a night of LAUGHS (look for the Curry Slip and airball #Shaqtin entry for the night. OMG LMAO) and Celebration (see above post), I thought I would share this tweet too, since it also made me laugh.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 22, 2019, 09:41:53 AM »
I didn’t watch the game last night because I was expecting a drubbing with James, Ball, and Rondo out. It would’ve been nice to see Thompson go off. To The Youtube, I guess.

Thompson isn’t leaving the Warriors. I expect Durant to. We’ll see in a little over five months how cold these takes are.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 22, 2019, 07:16:35 PM »
I'm thinking of they Win again (and it's looking good that they might. Lol) Durant well try to stay, but that puts Dray out of contention for Max Money.
Klay will likely also take a discount to keep it together (Max -5+%) one more year.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #747 on: January 22, 2019, 07:34:02 PM »
Part of me wishes the Warriors would somehow (for some reason) pick up Melo.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 22, 2019, 07:43:01 PM »
Oh hello no.
I'm sure it's be nice to get him a ring, but he needs to go play with Bron in LA.
We don't need that anchor.... Unless that's the point, handicap us to give everyone else a way to win a few games.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 23, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
I expect the Warriors to be champs again which is why I also expect Durant to leave. He has nothing to prove as the best player of a three-peat. Not a knock on Curry; Durant is just a more complete player. If the Warriors lose, there’s a narrative for him staying.

Durant cares about his narrative and legacy. And the whole thing with Draymond Green definitely didn’t help things despite both acting like it’s water under the bridge. Durant is notoriously petty and thin-skinned what with his burner accounts and inability to just laugh off jokes at his expense like the “You the real MVP” meme, unwittingly causing it to be even bigger. Durant took a lot of **** for joining a 73-win team. For someone who cares so much about how people and history view him, I can see Durant going to a storied franchise that has struggled for a long time like the Knicks or Lakers. He wasn’t the missing piece in Golden State; they already won without him. Winning on a troubled franchise would cement his place in history. I imagine most people already believe Durant’s place as one of the best players in history is set. I don’t think Durant thinks it is. He still thinks he’s the not-Michael Jordan of his generation, something he desperately wants to change.

The problem is that he probably wouldn’t win a title in either situation. Not saying he goes to either Knicks or Lakers, but for what it seems like he wants, it makes sense.