Author Topic: Official Names for Pokémon X & Y Legendary Creatures Revealed  (Read 2718 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

Meet Xerneas and Yveltal.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32947

The official names for the two new legendary Pokémon that will headline Pokémon X & Y versions have been revealed.

Xerneas, pronounced ZURR-ne-us, is the Pokémon that resembles a deer, while Yveltal, ee-VELL-tall, is the bird legendary.

These names come from the official Pokémon site. Besides their names, not much else is known about these two creatures, but it's a sure guess that the titular legendaries will grace the cover art of Pokémon X and Y versions, respectively.

Stay tuned, we'll have more Pokénews for you as it is released into the wild.

Offline geo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Official Names for Pokémon X & Y Legendary Creatures Revealed
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
And nobody is surprised :) 
If Y is colored RED, and X is colored blue, if they make a Z, will it be green or yellow?

Offline Art_de_Cat

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • Art_de_Cat's Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
I would go for green. Anyone dissappointed no new swapnote stationary or puzzle swap puzzle appeared with it?
They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool......
I guess that's true.....

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 12:05:25 PM »
Because when you're making a game primarily targetted at kids, you give the characters names that most adults would have trouble pronouncing. ;)

Xerneas looks cooler.  If he's on the cover of X, that's probably the one I'll go for.

Offline vids

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 01:36:29 PM »
too complicated... I'll just call them Hernia and Yentl
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:46:04 PM by vids »

Offline SupaKirb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
It looks like neither is shaped much like an X, but both seem to be living-breathing Ys... I see what you're doing Nintendo.. You want us to ask why? Why has it taken so long for a full-3D installment in the Pokemon series to come out? In all seriousness, I was actually waiting a really long time for this to actually happen. I needed something totally new to get me interested in this series again. My Pokemon-Education stops a little before Ruby. And I say a little before because I never actually finished the game..  I know.. shame on me and all that jazz. The game was solid in it's own right, but personally I just wanted something different. Black and White 2 almost made me jump.. almost.. Here's hoping this game brings the original magic back for me, and something new and innovative at the same time. In all honesty.. I just really want to catch a 3D Pikachu and poke it..

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »
Xerneas has X's in it's eyes. Watch the trailer closely.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »
Yveltal will be an all-male species and Xerneas will be an all-female species. How the two relate to each other is a matter of mystery, intrigue, and chemistry.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »
eh, to me right now, it still looks like the same game just in a new perspective. And like SupraKirb, The game really didnt go well for me around ruby/sapphire because, well its the same game all over again. Funny for a game series that has evolving in it but the series itself doesn't actually do that. Yeah sure they add in a couple of new features here and there like online battling and trading, but the main game is the same as it was in red/blue. I really want the series to take a new direction instead of the same rehashes with a different color bow

Offline Solar_flare

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 06:46:06 AM »
For some reason I'm liking Yveltal alot more than the other. I know that their shapes give them away, but I wonder if Xerneas will be coupled with Y and Yveltal will be X. ..kinda like Black and White Version. All-n-all, I can't wait for this game. The 3D-graphics interest me too.