Author Topic: XL-Value Mafia Day V!ctory or is it?!  (Read 20359 times)

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Re: XL-Value Mafia Day V!ctory or is it?!
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »
You seemed pretty convinced before that though, and your "awaiting your PM" PM-trap convinced me that you were already set against me.  What confuses me is why you voted to lynch plugabugz the next day.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 12:47:51 PM »
Hmm I can see that confusion noname.

Whenever I am pretty confident that I am going to die via night action. I put everything out in the open much like you did at the end of the day but I would have done it sooner though.A classic example would be Golden Phoenix's Punch Out Mafia.
When you are dead you can't talk.

You are being voted for? So what! Vote to save your life put your reasons for the person you are voting for. Maybe people will see something that you typed that they missed.

Another thing, never give up. For the most part if you give up that means you are giving the other players a chance to vote for you. If you don't care if you live why should they?
I have given up in the game a few times but later in the day I came back and kept on fighting. A certain player has helped me not give up even if they were on the other side. Classic example is thatguy's Earthbound Mafia.

As for the little tricks in the game if you play next game I can help point out some things to you.

Oh one other thing jrlibrarian you were right to question me helping you but in reality I would have pointed out things to you if you wanted my help.

I have helped new players in the past that were on the other side.Punch Out Mafia comes to mind. I usually vow to help new players in the sign up thread so that way the new player and I can work together.Also everybody in the game can see that I am helping you. If during the game I don't fill my end of the bargin then you can use that somehow.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 02:06:39 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
Good tips to know.  Thanks!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 12:59:09 PM »
So are you playing next game noname?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:58 PM »
Probably yes, depending on the timing.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 01:23:24 PM »
If you get the time read over the Mafia games I mentioned it would be a good idea.Also check out my first game Sonic Mafia.Most of these can be found in the Mafia forum a few pages back. Sonic Mafia is in the Mafia Hall of Fame thread as well as many others.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 01:43:56 PM »
Everyone always says they suspected me of Mafia even when I'm not, so I don't take it to mean anything anymore. I guess my innocent demeanor doesn't sit right with some people.

My apologies Toruresu. I was just playing the role I was dealt. I saw a way to achieve victory, and I pursued it. Trust me, you'd have done the same thing.

I'm rather flattered that Khush viewed me as enough of a threat to make me the number 2 kill on the first two days. I did mention in the day two thread that we should off Khush if he doesn't show by day three just to be safe.

...though I then told Mop it up EVERYTHING. I trusted her way too much.
You were number 3 on the list, jrlibrarian was number 2. You were on there because you know both Maxi and I too well.

And to be fair, I never told you I was townie or anything like that. I didn't offer to exchange information, you just started talking. Though, honestly, if I were in your position, I know I would have done the same thing. As soon as I investigated the killer and knew he knew me? I would have freaked. I probably would have even said it in the daily thread.

The only thing I'd add is  that perhaps the next game might forbid PM-ing other players, so that  everything that's said gets said in the public eye; I think that tends  to make it more fun, since everyone has to watch what they say even  more closely.
I've suggested this several times before. The problem is that there is no way to enforce it, so it would have to be done on the honour system. And I don't know if I'd trust people to follow that rule when the name of the game is lies and deception.

Only Mop it up and vudu can rival your kill count!
I didn't kill anyone, I just ate their dead bodies.

I suspected Mop it up was mafia on day 3--that's why I told her who I was targeting that night.  But I wasn't 100% certain so I couldn't come out and tell her my plan.  If you had let me kill Plugabugz on Day 3 and then you had killed someone else the game would have been over then.
I didn't have any control over the hits. Though why should I believe you would have done that? You already said you were going to work with the townies. One thing I've learned is to never trust a killer.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 01:46:23 PM by Mop it up »

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
I didn't have any control over the hits. Though why should I believe you would have done that? You already said you were going to work with the townies. One thing I've learned is to never trust a killer.

I was working with the townies at that point because it was the only thing keeping me alive.  Stratos got lucky and investigated me on day 1.  If I didn't work with them I would have been voted out on day 2.

You've been playing mafia long enough to know that my only goal in any game is to have my team win--in this case, me.  Obviously, I could no longer win by myself.  And I certainly can't become a townie and win with them.  So my only reasonable win strategy after day 1 was to win by teaming up with the mafia.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but in the rules it states that if the killer and godfather can locate one another they can team up and win together.  I was trying to reach out to the mafia but since I didn't know for certain you were one of them I couldn't flat out say "hey, I want to defect and join your team" my only hope was for one of you to contact me.  If I had lived to day 4, I would have flat out said in the thread, "hey, the mafia godfather should contact me and end this game right this minute"; at that point the mafia would have outnumbered the townies and the game would have immediately ended.

Also if you were going to hit me that night why didn't contact me to say hey I want to work with the Mafia.

I'll fully admit that killing you wasn't in my best interest.  I just didn't want you to win the game.  :P
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »
Well vudu I guess the feeling was mutual. :P

To go further into that I think if you were not really naming who the Mafia was on Day 2 you might of had a shot but you blew it by killing me.You had 2 of us pegged. The only really benificial thing you did for us was naming Toru as Mafia.That set up the infighting with the townies.Don't know if that was intentional on your part thinking that you would be living on day 3.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 09:05:46 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
Nah, since that was still on day two I was naming the people I honestly thought were mafia.  At that point I thought the mafia would go for the sure thing and try to get rid of me rather than the somewhat more risky option of recruiting me.  It wasn't until day 3 where it seemed like I might have a shot of getting in touch with the godfather.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 07:46:06 PM »
Vudu was legit at first. I'll vouch for him there. He co-sent his hit pm for Maxi to me. Granted, he could have then sent in a second pm changing it...but what can you do? You sometimes have to risk it with people for better or worse. (Vudu was better, mop it up...was way worse to trust).

And while vudu was encouraging a maxi hit, he gave me the final choice since our fates were bound at that point and I did give the word to hit maxi. I ALMOST jumped at my discomfort of Khush being MIA and sent in a hit for him that first day. But I decided to give him some more time to show in case it really was real life that had distracted him from the game.

I chose to search Khush instead and hit maxi with Vudu's strike, then I was going to search mop it up on day three and try to bandwagon Khush and order a hit if the bandwagon didn't take. Players like Khush are not to be trusted if they go MIA like that and this game proves it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
I'm not sure if you realize this, but in the rules it states that if the killer and godfather can locate one another they can team up and win together.  I was trying to reach out to the mafia but since I didn't know for certain you were one of them I couldn't flat out say "hey, I want to defect and join your team" my only hope was for one of you to contact me.  If I had lived to day 4, I would have flat out said in the thread, "hey, the mafia godfather should contact me and end this game right this minute"; at that point the mafia would have outnumbered the townies and the game would have immediately ended.
Actually, I was confused by what that meant. I thought the only way for you to become Mafia was if you killed the Godfather.

Though even if I knew that, I don't think it would have changed anything. You killing Maxi solidified my belief that you would help the townies. Also, by Day 3 it seemed as if Khushrenada's plan was working out great and soon victory would be ours. In order to change anything, I'd have had to contact Khushrenada and tell him to log in, and change his hit from you to someone else. This would have risked everything, so it wouldn't be worth it when it seemed as if the win was nigh.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 02:50:17 AM »
I did read that in the rules Vudu. But I also read the part about killing the godfather and taking his place. So, I was leery of the killer from the start. On Day 2, I got reports that Stratos found you and you said you wanted to work with the townies. We then pondered whether I should log on to off you or Stratos. I thought you might be bluffing and saying you would work with Stratos just to bump him off in the night. When we realized we couldn't stop your hit, we stuck with Stratos knowing that I had you for the hit tomorrow anyways.

With Maxi's death, we didn't think we could trust you. My hope was that you would wrongfully hit another townie on Day 3 and with that, we would have the game on Day 4 with a 2-2 tie. Unfortunately, a new twist came into play. By having placed such an advanced hit, I negated any hit you could make. The funny thing was, I didn't know that at first and told my team that you made the best choice possible by not hitting anyone since that kept the game going and could have led to some messy voting scenarios. Even worse, Mystic Gohan showed up and I really wasn't sure what might happen. But Mop was sure she and Toruresu were tight and she was right and it ended very smoothly.

I did know about the message you sent Mop it up regarding the Plugabugz vote. She wanted to know if she could trust that you would make such a hit. I figured you were trying to reach out to the mafia but we weren't sure if the intent was friendly or hostile at the point. If you had taken the chance and said that you wanted to team up with us in your post, we would have discussed the matter more with you. But with your intentions murky to us and the Maxi kill, it just seemed safer to stand pat and remove the danger you posed to us.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
Yeah, I understand.  I probably would have gone for the safer route, too, had I been in your shoes.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2010, 10:53:57 AM »
and plugabugz  basically said he didn't care and then voted for mysticgohan.  Once  plugabugz voted I basically gave up,  and even went and accused  toruresu of being mafia despite my uncertainty.  I really need to  improve at this game.  :(

After three days of falling behind and receiving my first PM from you i figured the mafia-standard scheming and plotting was too far gone to do anything about it. So i tossed a vote out.

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2010, 09:13:32 PM »
and plugabugz  basically said he didn't care and then voted for mysticgohan.  Once  plugabugz voted I basically gave up,  and even went and accused  toruresu of being mafia despite my uncertainty.  I really need to  improve at this game.  :(

After three days of falling behind and receiving my first PM from you i figured the mafia-standard scheming and plotting was too far gone to do anything about it. So i tossed a vote out.

Perfectly understandable.  I just wish you'd tossed it in the direction I'd asked for, or at least one I could use!  :'(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 02:10:11 AM »
Why the heck is my score going up? I was like -17 by the end of the game and now I'm -7. Stop it dang it. I thought I was going to have the lowest score on the forum. It was awesome.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 04:25:18 AM »
Why the heck is my score going up? I was like -17 by the end of the game and now I'm -7. Stop it dang it. I thought I was going to have the lowest score on the forum. It was awesome.

Sorry...
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 06:15:21 AM »
Uh sorry Khushrenada I'll start smiting you in the morning.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
Alright then. Apologies accepted.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 05:00:10 PM »

Shall we be opposites?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »
You guys are like Ying and Yang.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2010, 07:55:11 PM »
I don't do negatives because that's mean.

But if you want it... then that creates a logical paradox.

*explodes*