Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 675088 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Warriors vs Blazers are always a good match up.

Curry is now 10-0 vs Dame in the playoffs.

Those two sentences are a little contradictory, lol.

I should rephrase as I mean the Curry Warriors vs The Dame Blazers are always pretty intense games. It's just that Curry always comes out in top.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
A little video on who would give the Warriors more trouble going into the NBA Finals. Bucks or Raptors?

For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgL9uv8KXF4
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Any picks regarding who wins tonight?

Most analysts still seem to be hedging pretty heavily, with a slight preference to the Bucks.

I have a really hard time seeing Toronto take 3 in a row from Milwaukee though...  The Bucks haven't dropped three in a row all year, and their role players should look better at home. Also, Leonard's legs simply don't look right these days. Just watching him hobble around makes me wince.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Neither Durant or Boogie will be ready for Game 1 of the Finals. But it's at least expected that Boogie will play at some point now.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Any picks regarding who wins tonight?

Most analysts still seem to be hedging pretty heavily, with a slight preference to the Bucks.

I have a really hard time seeing Toronto take 3 in a row from Milwaukee though...  The Bucks haven't dropped three in a row all year, and their role players should look better at home. Also, Leonard's legs simply don't look right these days. Just watching him hobble around makes me wince.
I think the Raptors are going to win tonight in part because they really need to because of what type of injuries Lowry and Leonard have currently. At the very least they can afford to lose game 6 and get some time to recover if game 6 is a blowout and they can put all their efforts to game 7.    In any case someone is going to have to win 2 of the next 3 to win the series ,wither it is the next two games or three, someone is going to have to win on the road.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Hopefully the Raptors playing like garbage in the first quarter will help diffuse any "2 fouls on Siakam in first 2 minutes by Tony Borthers" conspiracy discussion. Hopefully.  Edit:  Oh wait, and now Brothers has called Leonard for a touch foul - also his second - just 8 minutes into the game. Whatever happens in the game from here on out, fans will be complaining tomorrow...

Fingers crossed the game doesn't turn into a blowout. Then again, I could use an early night.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 08:56:40 PM by ejamer »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
That was a ugly first few minutes for the Raptors. Thankfully the Raptors closed the gap to finish the quarter to only be down by 10. 32-22 to end the first quarter.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Oh my... game is tied. Both teams are shooting poorly. Refs seem to have settled in after pissing off fans on both sides.  I can't turn away now. So much for an early night.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
The defense of both teams are showing up so it is a lower scoring game than usual. 5:25  left in the 4th quarter. Raptors up 89-85.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Kevin Durant named to All-NBA Second Team and Klay Thompson didn’t make any All-NBA teams. Ew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Wow Raptors win 105 to 99. 

I am kinda questioning near the end of the game why there wasn't a foul called when the Bucks pretty much nailed Lowry after 3 Bucks swarmed Leonard.  That was a swing moment for the Raptors.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Kevin Durant named to All-NBA Second Team and Klay Thompson didn’t make any All-NBA teams. Ew.

Klay was pissed. I didn't watch the video yet, but this means he misses out on SuperMAX from the Warriors. They can only offer him the Max.
This means Dray will be balling out next yet to get DPOY or All NBA so he can qualify for SuperMax, but chances are, if Durant sticks around, they'll give it to him instead.

Also this Bucks Raps game..... man, Bucks went for 2pts in 7 minutes, and are lucky the Raptors only scored 12 in that same period of time after being down 10.
Blame the refs all you want, but that's where the Bucks lost that game at home. Right there in the 2nd quarter.

I'm still not sure who I'd rather see in the finals. Kawhi knows what it takes and can be a pest. Giannis is just long as **** and will try to bully us inside....

edit:
Game of Thrones S6E7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXgOUAMtcds

...I have to say that S6 isn't as good as some previous seasons.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 12:45:36 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
Wow Raptors win 105 to 99. 

I am kinda questioning near the end of the game why there wasn't a foul called when the Bucks pretty much nailed Lowry after 3 Bucks swarmed Leonard.  That was a swing moment for the Raptors.

There was contact but I don't think they actually "nailed" him, and they probably should have given how the game had been called in the second half instead of trusting a ref to call the quick foul. That said, I'm also not sure how much difference it made. Lowry is pretty reliable at the line in tight games - he hit two free throws right afterwards for example. (Yes, you always take the foul if possible and it's a lost opportunity, but that wasn't the turning point.)

The Raptors haven't been playing pretty ball most of the post-season, but wow can they grind out a win when they want to.

What a performance from VanVleet last night; law of averages kicking in there after shooting 3/25 from deep over a 9 game stretch. He also offered up a great quote during post-game interviews when asked about how the birth of his son might be motivation: "I'm not giving him no credit; it's all me. Y'know, it's all the work I been putting in. ..."  Hahaha, great job dad!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
OMG this Game 6 is amazing. Raptors are mounting a comeback in the 4th quarter with Leonard on the bench for some rest.  Very exciting game!! 78 all.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Gotta say, props to the Raptors for finally making it to the end after so many years of failure.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Raptors win and is going to their first Finals in franchise history!!!   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
See? Lebron was the problem the whole time.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
See? Lebron was the problem the whole time.

Here's hoping it works out better for you than it did for us when we made it to the finals against the Bulls, the Warriors of that era.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Gotta say, props to the Raptors for finally making it to the end after so many years of failure.
Love that backhanded compliment.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile

Dude, they've been the joke of the NBA for decades. Those gifs of the Raptors mascot failing exists for a reason. This is like seeing the Washington Generals finally make the NBA Finals.

It's like Final Fantasy X, where the announcer introduces the Besaid Aurochs as a "living, breathing statistical improbability!"

As much as I mock their past "achievements", though, and as much as I pull for the Western Conference, I still want to see the Raptors pull it out and take the championship. Someone other than the Warriors should have it, and the Raptors have endured so many years of mockery. The franchise as a whole has earned it. I just hope they know how to claim it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:26:38 AM by broodwars »

Offline ejamer

• View Profile

Just makes it all the sweeter.
(Especially when coming from a Jazz fan.)

I can't remember watching a team that would keep fighting game in and game out like this Raptors squad has. Taking four games in a row from the Bucks was insane, especially considering how many double-digit deficits they had to overcome.

The long-standing Raptors fan in me wanted to turn of the TV and go to sleep after that terrible first quarter... but I just couldn't. This team might not win it all, but they'll never stop fighting and it would be foolish to write them off prematurely.

Crazy.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 12:28:56 AM by ejamer »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
@broodwars
No explanation needed. I was serious. I literally laughed out loud at your comment.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
So I'm kind of worried about the Finals going 7... because if Toronto's going to win it, it's gonna be in 7. And I'm flying into Toronto early in the morning on the day after Game 7 is scheduled for.

Based on what's happened the last time Canadian teams have made sports championships, I might be flying either into a party or a riot.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Damn, no basketball till Thursday.
What will I do with all my free time!?

We coming in "short handed" vs The Klaw, but I'm more worried about how so much rest for the Dubs will affect game 1.

I'm not expecting Cousins nor Durant until atleast game 3, cousins maybe a bit sooner if we somehow lose game 1.

Also it was really loud where I was at. What was happening at the end of regulation? Were the refs/league looking for ways to get the ball back to the Bucks in the final seconds? I could not tell the reason for the reviews in the last minute of the game.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:18:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I think what happened with the refs at the end is that they were trying to gauge how much time was to be put on the clock after the attempted layup and the shot clock didn't reset after the ball hit the rim and the clock didn't stop and time continued. Basically how much time was left in the game. 

It is about at the 9 min mark on this video BnM. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwyfIlcZXBQ

Alexis, she/her/Miss