Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 678463 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Despite losing Cousins and having Durant out for a game, Golden State is dangerous - this just changes where the threats come from. But it does remove the sense of inevitability with an MVP-caliber player out. Still, I trust Golden State more than Houston in pressure situations. Harden and Paul have fallen short too often to earn trust - they have to prove it on the court.

Any calls in the Eastern conference? Raps vs Sixers tonight should be interesting; I hesitantly said Toronto in 6 before the series started, but it feels like a toss up now. I still think that Raptors should win the series, but game-to-game success depends on which supporting players manage to show up.

I have the Raptors in 6 now. I think that as of right now the Raptors have things figured out more in regards to consistency and gameplan.  It feels like the 76ers don't really have an answer for Kawahi, Siakam and Lowry all at once.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1126569206382829568?s=20

KD will be re-evaluated next week which means he is out for Games 6 and 7.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Honestly, my support is behind the Nuggets at this point. Not only do they have several former Jazz men onboard (including one of my favorites in Paul Millsap), but like the Jazz the Nuggets are a small market team that's never really had their day in the sun. They earned the #2 spot in a competitive conference. I'd like to see them go all the way.

Plus, a Nuggets vs. Milwaukee Finals would just destroy the NBA head office. :P
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Kevin Durant out for the rest of the series =

NBA All-Star Challenge Lose Music

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
So it is looking like the Bucks are going to advance to the Conference finals. Kyrie didn't show up and things are in doubt for him returning to the Celtics this season. Maybe he teams up with Dyrant in New Yourk with Zion if they get the first pick. He could also join the Lakers or Utah to help along things for both franchises.

The Jazz have Favors and Gobert. They don't need another Center unless they decide to not re-sign Favors during the off-season. They really need a premier player at every other position, most notably Point Guard.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1126569206382829568?s=20

KD will be re-evaluated next week which means he is out for Games 6 and 7.

I stay optimistic, as the Warriors have won nearly all their games when Durant was out and Curry was running the ship, vs losing 2/3 when Curry is out and Durant is solo commander.
So chances are, Curry and Klay, just as they did at the end of the game yesterday, show up and remind us why everyone considered them so dangerous yet fun to watch.
As long as Dray and Looney can keep up the rebounding and giving us second chances and Curry and Klay can be productive on offense (no more blown layups), I think we got this.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
So it is looking like the Bucks are going to advance to the Conference finals. Kyrie didn't show up and things are in doubt for him returning to the Celtics this season. Maybe he teams up with Dyrant in New Yourk with Zion if they get the first pick. He could also join the Lakers or Utah to help along things for both franchises.

The Jazz have Favors and Gobert. They don't need another Center unless they decide to not re-sign Favors during the off-season. They really need a premier player at every other position, most notably Point Guard.

No I mean that Kyrie could join the Jazz in free agency by himself.  The Kyrie, Durant and Zion talk was specifically for the Knicks
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I guess everyone loves game 7s and the Blazers and 76ers don't want to go home yet.  They both bounced back for game 6.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
I guess everyone loves game 7s and the Blazers and 76ers don't want to go home yet.  They both bounced back for game 6.

Ok, I'm an idiot... but how on earth do we embed this in the NWR forums?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ70BkPkANM
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

"Youtube" in the brackets, take the "s" out of "https".

I don't know why people thought the trail blazers were done.  It was one bad loss in a game 5 where the series was close up to that point. Two games were settled under 5 points and all under 10 up until that point.

Also, not really surprised by the 76ers.  That series is pretty back and forth with big wins.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
"Youtube" in the brackets, take the "s" out of "https".

Hmm.. weird. Nothing shows up in my browser so when I tried that syntax assumed it was wrong. Nothing easy, baby!

Agree that it's not surprising to see both series to go the distance; I wouldn't want to place any bets on who comes out either. In a pinch, I'd take the home team, but that's kind of a cop out answer.
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
It's a bug with the YouTube embed plugin, if you're browsing the https version of the forums a properly formatted embed shows up as nothing at all.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ70BkPkANM
I made a thread specifically for these types of problems. ;)

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=30575.msg826556#msg826556

Offline Soren

• View Profile
Bye bye, Houston.

EDIT: I can't wait for the memo they send the league office this time around.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:41:01 PM by Soren »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Iguodala choked at the end there. Glad the Warriors held on to win. I just really don’t like Harden’s game. I’d prefer the Sixers advance, but I wouldn’t hate the Raptors winning that series. I’m pulling for the Blazers, and if they win, I’m pretty happy as a basketball fan to see how the rest of the playoffs plays out. Still think the Warriors win it all.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well it looks like the Warriors are advancing to the WCF.  There was a few key turnovers by Harden and there was a 3 pointer blocked that turned things around for the Warriors near the end of the game.  I'll tip my hat to them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Where's that Banana boat!!!

They can finally get that banana boat started since LeBron, CP3, Me7o and D. Wade are all off for the summer at the same time for the first time during the post season. Lol

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I hope the Rockets complain about this loss and blame the refs and El Niño or something.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Steph had zero points and the best the Rockets could do was tie.  I should've gone to bed at half time.  The Rockets should be ashamed for making me stay up and also how they played these last two games.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I'm not going to shed a tear over James Harden and Chris Paul losing out yet again on a championship.

I just hope a team other than the Warriors takes it for once. You know, just for the sake of variety.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
LOL

If I was on my computer rn, the memes that need to be posted right now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
https://streamable.com/ao8ey <----click

watch the above first. LOL

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Durant to be back for maybe game 1 or 2 of the Conference finals and guess what....

....assuming we make it that far (of course)

Offline Soren

• View Profile
This roster is so destroyed. Shaun Livingston scored double digits for the first time since January. Kevon fucking Looney is playing spot minutes. -checks notes- Alfonzo McKinnie has played every game so far.

This is truly the last Championship GSW realistically has a chance to win.