Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 682185 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Warriors in the West but the WCF is closer than most expect, Milwaukee beats Toronto in a ECF game 7 reffed by the trio of Tim, Jim, and Clyde "Slim" Donaghy, Warriors in 6 in the finals.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
So, the Nets upset the 76ers today. Huh.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I had to check if Embid played for the 76ers but he did and I guess the difference was the bench for the Nets.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Man, I didn't think I'd get to use one of my favorite sports gifs already, but here we are. Things come, things go, but the Raptors...are still the Raptors.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Jebus............

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Dubs in 3!!!
4th game is a formality.

I'm glad Durant took Beverly out the game. He was hunting for blood. If he hurt either a Steph or any other Warrior, I might've had to drive it to Oakland tonight.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Wow, we had an eventual first day of the playoffs with 3 upsets, concluding with the Spurs upsetting the Nuggets.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I thought I had posted this already, but I guess not.....

Game of Zones season opener
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdVTBGEuxhM

and the Bucks v Pistons was an outright embarrassment.
they should relinquish game 2 to the Hornets, and if the Hornets can't present even the smallest of challenge, they should blend the best of the 2 teams or let the Bucks play the next 2 against the Heat in Miami.

Also, Jazz needs to step it up in Game 2. I didn't get to really watch, but it sounds like the strategy of keep Harden off the line and instead giving him a lane, were everyone collapses on him does not work. please refine the strategy. Please put the right person on him to actually execute said strategy, and please do better in game 2.

Portland will eventually lose to OKC.... maybe, either way, I want it to be a 7 game series. Don't really care who walks away from this one. would prefer to see Dame Dolla get to the 2nd round over Westprick and PG

Pacers had the 1st half firmly under control... not sure what happened in the 2nd half, but talk about a "Tale of Two Half's" it was like 2 different games. Pacers need to figure out whatever they were doing right in teh first half, and apply that to the game in the 2nd half too

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I think the Jazz will be much more competitive in Game 2. I don't have Cable anymore, so I wasn't able to watch the game live, but from what I understand just about all of the Jazz's shooters went ice cold in Game 1. I highly doubt that will happen again.

The defense is another story. The NBA won't allow anyone to guard James Harden.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I saw a video a few weeks back on how the Bucks defended against Harden and it is pretty eye opening.
For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwynmarNMkI
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Reports are that Blake Griffin is expected to miss the entire first round of the playoffs. But you could say that same sentence with about four fewer words.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
So how about them Dubs? Seems like they just want ALL the records...
(The funny part is that we all know dropping that game doesn't matter. There is no way that Warriors are losing this series.)

Man, I didn't think I'd get to use one of my favorite sports gifs already, but here we are. Things come, things go, but the Raptors...are still the Raptors.

As a long-time Raps fan who has thoroughly enjoyed a strong regular season, I'm shocked at how many analysts didn't see this coming. Raps always lose the first game, and Orlando came in hot with some tough match-ups for Toronto.

That said, things look easily correctable. If 3-point shooting stabilizes a bit, defensive rotations aren't outright blown, and the point guard situation is brought under control then Orlando should be outmatched over the course of a 7-game series. Hopefully. What a terrible upset that would be for Toronto otherwise...

For what it's worth, I was also shocked by how many people predicted the Raps could make the finals. I expect the Bucks would crush them before that happen, if Toronto even makes it that far. Giannis & Co consistently look amazing this year, and feel like a team that knows exactly who and what they are.

Sometimes you have to prove yourself when the pressure is on, even if you have talent on paper. So far, Toronto (much like Philly) hasn't done that. Those two teams would be a great second round series for just that reason.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:05:53 AM by ejamer »
NNID: ejamer

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
31 must be a cursed number.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Yeah what is it with the Warriors and the numbers 3 and 1.

I wonder if the Clips are going to make this series more competitive than most of us thought. I could see the Clippers splitting the 2 games at Staples Center. I also wonder if Boogie going down is going to make things more difficult for them. I mean they are essentially last years team now.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Boogie slowed us down. He's also slow on defense.
I actually think we'll fare better without him, even if he was an asset on offense in the post.
If Stone hands Looney can just develop a more aggressive approach with a softer touch, we'll be fine.

That 31pt comeback will be a wakeup call. I don't think it happens again in these playoffs.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
The Raptors have exceeded the most dangerous lead in basketball as of this post.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
The Raptors have exceeded the most dangerous lead in basketball as of this post.

Yeah, it's look like they took that Game 1 loss a BIT personally.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
*sigh* Looks like not renewing my Cable subscription was a good idea.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
no point in watching the Jazz Rockets series, huh?

I blame the Kings for fucking up our brackets.
It should've been Jazz Trailblazers & OKC Rockets

that would've given us the match up we all wanted.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Anyone watch the Dubs Clips game last night?

WTF is up with the refs?
I really hope the league review that double T on Durant and Green (on the Clips).
there was a foul, and then they were talking it out, Durant was laughing, and the ref came up an slapped them both with a T.... like they were arguing. They were both blown away as they weren't doing anything to warrant a technical at all.

and all the ticky tacky calls, some were plain as day in replay, but then you wonder why others weren't called, yet some BS mystery calls... on both teams were called. The reffing was suspect in the first half.

Has it been like this in all the rest of the Playoff games too?
I know there was another Playoff game I was watching where the refs were trying hard to control the flow of the game by calling suspect fouls, but i can't remember who I was watching.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
The double T was rescinded on both ends, yeah.
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
That Rockets Jazz game.... smfh

They held Harden to 0/15 from the field until the 4th quarter.
Had CP3 at 5 fouls early in the 3rd

and still couldn't manage to put points on the board or create any sort of lead whatsoever.
kept chucking and missing 3's....  wide open too.

Brood.... you ok man?
Your boys look like they bout to be swept.

Can't ask for more of a gift from Houston than the performance they put up today.
had they been playing the Warriors, it woulda been a 20pt+ blowout.
Jazz easily should have maintained at least a double digit lead for the majority of that game.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
That Rockets Jazz game.... smfh

They held Harden to 0/15 from the field until the 4th quarter.
Had CP3 at 5 fouls early in the 3rd

and still couldn't manage to put points on the board or create any sort of lead whatsoever.
kept chucking and missing 3's....  wide open too.

Brood.... you ok man?
Your boys look like they bout to be swept.

Can't ask for more of a gift from Houston than the performance they put up today.
had they been playing the Warriors, it woulda been a 20pt+ blowout.
Jazz easily should have maintained at least a double digit lead for the majority of that game.

The only thing I can say is that we may have one of the best front offices in the league (seriously, Dennis Lindsey has made some amazing moves over the years maintaining the team at its current level), but last season after the Jazz got easily bounced out of the playoffs in the 2nd round they needed to make some major changes. Instead, the front office chose to keep the team as it was. A year later, every other team in the West improved, and the Jazz finished at the same seed and now look to be easily bounced from the 1st round.

One of the reasons why I hate the Lakers and other similar teams is that success historically has come so easy for them. They have a history, they have money, and they have the draw of the big cities. Big name talent just wants to play there. By comparison, the Jazz have had to fight tooth and nail to get every bit of talent they've ever had, outside of the flukes that were Stockton and Malone (who the Jazz drafted, and who were happy playing in Utah for decades). Big name talent just doesn't come to Utah without trades or luck at the Draft.

The Jazz need to get aggressive this off-season and heavily pursue big talent. Donovan Mitchell is an amazing talent, but like Gordan Hayward and Deron Williams (**** him) before him, he's not going to stick around for mediocrity year after year. And man are Jazz fans sick of the front office sitting on its hands every offseason and trade deadline.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Truth is, we always knew that the Jazz was never beating the Rockets in a 7 game series anyway, but I was hoping they would put up more of a fight than they have so far.... Rockets basically gifted them a game. That's actually selling it short, but the Jazz earned this game on defense, but couldn't secure it on offense. It's a damn shame.

if things went as planned, they would have been paired up with Portland, which I think would have been a better match up, also pitting the Rockets vs OKC which would have been much more fun to watch for both series. I blame the Kings for fucking this up. Portland tried to give the win to the Kings, and they still couldn't take it....

Rockets vs Dubs will be good, but would've been better saved for the WCF, as the winner of that series goes to the Finals for sure. And most likely wins it all.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 05:54:12 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and I remember these days for the Warriors... it wasn't for playoffs, but damn.
If i was in Indiana, do I want to go to a Pacers Playoff game, or buy some fast food and watch the game at home?