Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 679636 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
We just need a lead....

Scott Foster is on the case though. LOL

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
And they’re up by three now.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Pretty much safe to go to bed now.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Oh joy...Cavs & Warriors. Again. And here I didn't think these playoffs could get any more boring or predictable.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Curry and Lebron should have a exhibition boxing match at center court to make things interesting.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Oh joy...Cavs & Warriors. Again. And here I didn't think these playoffs could get any more boring or predictable.
I’m not thrilled because this series is going to be a waste of time. It is interesting how we got here. The Warriors tripped into the best case scenario by having the NBA intervene in the Finals and pluck a series away from them on the same year the salary cap exploded and Kevin Durant was a free agent and tired of Russell Westbrook.

And the East... what is there to even say about that conference? No one could build a team capable of beating LeBron James and the cardboard cutouts the NBA somehow allowed on the floor. It sucks seeing Warriors vs Cavs for the infinityth time. Then again, 28 other teams have failed to put together a better product so here we are.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Pacers and the Celtics both had an excellent chance at taking the East away from Lebron.
Had Kyrie been available, we would have gotten the East match-up we were hoping for ALL DAMN SEASON LONG, but nope....

Dubs in 4.
5 for the gentlemans sweep, should Silver request it.
But just like the match up for the finals, we all know the outcome already. I hope we don't see no extra BS on behalf of the league to just let this be what it is and what we all expect it to be.
There is a reason Lebron has been extremely humble on his comments towards making it this far. Even he knows what's coming next. his team is absolute trash, and no one can really dispute that. It's by the grace of the basketball gods that he made it to the finals again this year.

Also, this moment from tonights game is HILARIOUS. Draymond is a damn fool LOL
https://twitter.com/JKKkdk1/status/1001293012998262789

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Excellent chances but still didn’t get it done.

I can’t get behind the whole if-Team-A-had-Player B-Team-A-would-have-won explanation. Eric Gordon brought that trash last night. “If we had Chris, if he was out there, we'd have been playing on Thursday. It's just tough.” Well, he wasn’t out there and your team was up by double digits at halftime without him then you all marched out of the locker room in the second half and laid an egg.

There’s no reason the Cavs should be in the Finals this year yet here we are. This is curtains for The Cavs. No way LeBron stays. Ideally, he signs with a team in the East, but no team makes sense for him. If The Cavs can work out a sign and trade, I think the Spurs, with or without Kawhi would be a good landing spot.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
0 for 27 did them in. I did not watch the game because I knew I was going to rage the moment the Warriors went behind by 10.

These Finals are going to suck but again, watching my favorite team win a championship takes precedent. I honestly think we're near the end of this historic run so I have to enjoy the good times while they last.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I can’t get behind the whole if-Team-A-had-Player B-Team-A-would-have-won explanation. Eric Gordon brought that trash last night. “If we had Chris, if he was out there, we'd have been playing on Thursday. It's just tough.” Well, he wasn’t out there and your team was up by double digits at halftime without him then you all marched out of the locker room in the second half and laid an egg.

What this argument ignores is that if Iggy wasn't hurt in game 4, would there have been a game 6? certainly not a game 7. CP3 injury probably never would've happened because the series would have already been over. LOL

There’s no reason the Cavs should be in the Finals this year yet here we are. This is curtains for The Cavs. No way LeBron stays. Ideally, he signs with a team in the East, but no team makes sense for him. If The Cavs can work out a sign and trade, I think the Spurs, with or without Kawhi would be a good landing spot.

Bron goin to Philly. that's where I slid my chips already. It's the best landing spot in the East assuming CLE doesn't work miracles in the off season and somehow get PG13 or Kawhii (neither are likely or even possible, but just for arguments sake)

I doubt he stays in CLE regardless of how these finals play out. And I don't see him going West. He's got it too good in the East, and he would only have to face the Celtics in the East to get to the finals next year.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:11:16 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
If LeBron James stays in the East, Philadelphia is his best option. Still, there are reasons it doesn’t make sense for the Sixers. Take the ball out away from Ben Simmons and potentially stunt his growth? Maybe LeBron James is worth risking Ben Simmons’ future. If you can get a talent like James, you take it, 100 times out of 100. Still, as a Sixers fan, I’m a little weary of the long-term repercussions. Right now, they’re like 2010 Thunder. Once today’s top teams like the Warriors fade, the Sixers are poised to be the next great team.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I don't like the Sixers as a landing spot for the reasons Adrock said.  I think he's more likely to hang it up this year than go to Philly.  There's really no great landing spot for him unless he can conspire with CP3 and Paul George, but that's incredibly unlikely.  He could stay with the Cavs, but the moves they'd have to make are insane.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Maybe he could go to Toronto.  :P

And speaking of "what its", had the Jazz had Rubio & Donovan Mitchell (Game 5), we possibly could have won that series. We had a winning record against the Warriors this year, even with Curry in a few games. Hey, you never know.

Also, had the Rockets had Chris Paul, they'd have won Game 6 against the Warriors.

Instead, we have the Warriors vs. Lebron for the 4th straight time.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
After hearing all the ridiculous commentary on the radio today about Lebron and his greatest achievement. I thought it was funny to come home and see this as the place I paused a youtube video from this morning before I left for work. LOL

The look SAS's face is basically the look you have to give for the ridiculous question being asked at the bottom.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Prediction: King James stays in the LAND after winning the championship

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Prediction: King James stays in the LAND after winning the championship

Winning the ECF Championship is enough to make him stay?
He can do that from almost any competitive team in the East tho :P

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Leading this Cavs team to the Finals may not be Lebron’s greatest accomplishment, but it’s among the highest in difficulty. I feel like a lot of people are downplaying just how bad this team is. LeBron didn’t have Kevin Love for most of Game 6 and all of Game 7.

After that delicious public diss of Dan Gilbert, I don’t see how LeBron returns to this team. Beyond Gilbert, they have no cap space and no reasonable way to improve the team. They have the Nets pick which isn’t getting them past a fully loaded Celtics next year. LeBron has what, two, maybe three more years of elite play left. I don’t think he wants to be the first option anymore. It’s exhausting to carry a subpar team especially at 33. LeBron wants the ball in his hands, but he wants to be more like Magic Johnson in that he’s finding guys good looks. No way he wastes away in Cleveland.

And to clarify, I’m not one of those Lakers fans who hates LeBron James. Again, if you can get that kind of talent, you take it and figure out the rest later. Still, he doesn’t make sense on the Lakers (even with Paul George) for the same reasons he doesn’t make sense on the Sixers. Best case scenario is a sign and trade to a team on the same timeline he’s on.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Lebron to the Sixers.

Looks like the Sixers are about to fire their GM Colangelo for some shady twitter deeds.
Room for a Lebron and possibly his favorite GM in Philly!? could be tempting. You know Bron likes to take care of his guys.

And not to discredit Lebron's efforts of literally dragging this team, kicking and screaming, to an NBA finals, but seriously.... the East is pretty damn weak. That team woudln't have made it out the 1st round in the West. Probably not even out the 1st in a 1-16 Bracket. Lebron literally WILLED this team to the finals. Too bad that won't win him a ring... not this year at least
Now if Lebron manages to make this a series.... well, then you pair that with getting this team here, and then you might have a point to argue for greatest achievement

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
NFL safety Damarious Randall, who is a Warriors fan and was recently traded to the Cleveland Browns, has been talking a bit of trash with his new fan base, and it escalated to the point that he offered to buy a jersey for everyone who retweeted one of his posts (currently upwards of 500,000 people) should the Cavs pull the upset and win this series. Now, he may be in the NFL, but he's still on his rookie deal, and the $1.5 million he's slated to make this season wouldn't come anywhere close to covering that, so this is giving me, a Browns fan who doesn't really follow the NBA, a reason to pay attention to this series.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Start a GoFundme and buy Chinese knockoffs.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYI37xPm8Mg

Perfect
half the universe obviously being the Eastern Conference

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
I was going to say Game 7 was like E3 2013 where every missed Houston 3 was Microsoft saying "TV" at the reveal, but I suppose that works.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
All tied up!

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV