Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674598 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
NBA admitted it missed Lebron’s goaltend last night. /slow clap

Wait...you're saying that the NBA has a tradition of conveniently *missing" rule-breaking by Stars who bring the NBA lots of money? Nooooo.... :P

Seriously, Jazz fans have a history of grievances with the League over bogus calls (or lack thereof) in the name of Big Market Stars costing us at least one championship.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
NBA admitted it missed Lebron’s goaltend last night. /slow clap

2 minute report and pointing it out after the fact does nothing to change the end result.
Pacers had a chance to be up 3-2. That moment is now forever gone. Them admitting they fucked up afterwards does not fix this. It only strengthens the belief of the audience that "the refs suck" and that their team got screwed.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
****...Ricky Rubio's injured. Left hamstring. That could signal the end of us in the playoffs.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Yeah, but let’s talk about our lord and savior, Donovan Mitchell.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Yeah, but let’s talk about our lord and savior, Donovan Mitchell.

Yeah, seriously. SOMEHOW, despite losing Rubio & despite OKC having 5-6 consecutive chances to tie the game in the last minute, the Jazz held on to win 96-91 and advance to a really rough series with Houston.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
The Jazz apparently forgot how to rebound in the last minute of the most important game of their season so far. Then, they fouled Paul George shooting a three pointer. TWICE. Good thing the refs suddenly turned into the shrug emoji both times.

Thanks for helping the Lakers sign Paul George in July, Jazz.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Now the Pacers need to do their part and send Lebron to Philly.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
If any team has a chance to sign LeBron, they should do so and figure it out later. Still, the Sixers make the least sense for LeBron. He’s 33, and unless he changes his game (he won’t), the Sixers are taking the ball out of Ben Simmons’ hands. They should make a run for Kawhi Leonard or wait a year and make a run for Jimmy Butler. Then again, get in line. The Sixers have assets though.

Disappointed a depleted Celtics beat the Bucks. Whomp.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Bucks are a HUGE disappointment.
Watch Kyrie come back if they make the 3rd round though. LOL

And who would've known... but the Warriors and KILLING the Pels at Halftime.
76-55 Dubs.

Crazy 3/4 court shot made by the Pels at the buzzer to bring it that close.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Looks like we're stuck w/ the Cavs in the 2nd round, and it looks like this is likely as far as the Jazz can go without Ricky Rubio.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Lebron basically willed his team to that victory. Hopefully the Raps will show up and finish what the Pacers just weren't ready to do.

and that Rockets game was boring AF. I ope Utah can make the adjustments w/o Rubio for game 2 and make this a series early.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Well, with Steph coming back and that game 1 performance, I'm just gonna hope the Pels don't get swept.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I see the Raptors are doing what they do best. After all these years, a lot of things have changed, but the Raptors are still the Raptors.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
How I feel about the Sixers and Raptors right now:

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Raptors are a bunch of Choke Artist.

Valancunias got something like 26 rebounds, mostly from getting his own misses that he just continues to miss from 3 inches away from the rim... pathetic. had he made just one of those 7-8 putbacks of his own initial miss... smh

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
The Jazz are showing some life tonight. Hopefully, they keep it up.

Charles Barkley: "The Utah Jazz aren't good enough to expose the flaws in Houston."

The Jazz are currently up by 16 in the 2nd quarter. In Houston.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:58:12 PM by broodwars »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
broodwars, stop doing this. Last time you got cocky, the Thunder came back and won game 5. I really need the Rockets to lose this game series.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
broodwars, stop doing this. Last time you got cocky, the Thunder came back and won game 5. I really need the Rockets to lose this game series.

No cockiness, just pointing out that the Jazz can hang with them and Charles Barkley's full of crap. We might lose this game, & we might win it. But right now, we're in the game despite the Refs basically calling a foul every time Harden so much as touches the ball and sometimes when it doesn't. Ingles got a foul just now when a Rockets player pushed him into Harden. -_-

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
MVP of the game... Joe Ingles?

Whatever, I’ll take it.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
BOOYAH! The Jazz...SOMEHOW...held off to beat the Rockets in Game 2 116-108.

Let's be honest here: the Jazz got really lucky that the Rockets shot as badly as they did, but Dante Exum; Alex Burks; & especially Ingles played incredibly.

That said, the arrogance of the Rockets was on full display tonight. They played the entire game like they could just "turn it on" at any time, playing complacently in large spurts. They almost got away with it, too, just because they ARE that stupidly stacked with talent. But the Jazz wanted this win, and a team of relative nobodies beat the best team in the league.

Hey, at least we won't be swept, and the pressure's all on Houston. The Jazz weren't supposed to even MAKE the playoffs, let alone the 2nd round.

For the life of me, I don't understand how the Rockets decided to play that last minute. They didn't even try to win by playing the Foul Game. They just conceded the game & let the Jazz walk away practically uncontested.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:47:53 PM by broodwars »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Outside of that ONE quarter in the previous series, the Rockets have shot pretty bad in EVERY game of the playoffs so far. It's a damn shame the Timberwolves only won one game, and just barely.

The Jazz in 6 if the Rockets keep shooting poorly, or a toss up for a game 7.
Playoff Harden won't allow a 2nd round win though. CPlayoff3 is cursed from advancing beyond the 2nd round, so the Jazz have my full support for catching that gentlemans sweep in the WCF vs the Warriors.

And you'll just be happy to get there. Donovan Mitchell has been an amazing get for the Jazz.

edit:
and just because it's hilarious and relevant to this thread.
#InfinityWarSpoilerWithNoContext
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:46:17 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Inside the NBA last night was embarrassing to watch. You'd think the Rockets had been beaten by the Orlando Magic, not one if the best teams in the league coming out of the All-Star Break. It's all about how the Rockets slacked off against a lesser team, and it's a sentiment I've seen shared elsewhere today.

The Jazz aren't the most talented team in the League, and they're continually & historically disrespected as a result of it. Our best player is a rookie, and the team's a collection of misfits & 2nd string players. For the most part, that's what the Jazz have been since the end of the Stockton-Malone era However, they're possibly the hardest-working team in the League (along with possibly the 76ers), and they're a better team than their record suggests. Would be nice if they were ever respected as a worthy opponent in these Playoffs by the media.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 11:00:57 AM by broodwars »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Toronto is a joke.

EDIT: It somehow got worse. This team needs to be blown up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:08:35 PM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Really, Toronto? -_-

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I was listening to ESPN’s Hoop Collective podcast maybe last week, and one of them picked the Cavaliers over the Raptors because he didn’t think the Raptors could win a series if LeBron walks in the building. Well...