Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674775 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
The uni would make more sense for the Suns
but the uni and the court has been distracting enough for them to get up 2-1 over OKC in the playoffs. ;)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
The Heat’s Miami Vice jerseys are the only alts I liked more than the standard ones.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Will sell Raptors team name for a buck to whoever wants it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Heat’s Miami Vice jerseys are the only alts I liked more than the standard ones.

Those jerseys are FIRE tho.
it should become the main home jersey. lol

Everyone I wanted to win today lost.... except the Bucks.

I was really banking on the Pacers v Cavs game, but Oladipo let me down.
I don't really care about the Raptors/Wizards... but the Raps need to shut them down already
and I figured the Dubs would drop one to the Spurs after the new w/ Pop, but I figured it would've been the last game... not today's game. Oh well, we'll just have to finish it at home on Tuesday.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile

I’d go as far as just changing the team colors and making the Vice Nights jerseys the main ones for home and away.

I looked up the other alt jerseys. Some are pretty good (e.g. Bulls, Kings) while most of the rest are plain/inoffensive (e.g. Mavericks, Pistons). Jazz, Spurs, and Magic are at the very bottom.
Everyone I wanted to win today lost.... except the Bucks.
Yep. The Cavs losing would have been curtains for them. They don’t have the talent to dig out of a 3-1 hole. No idea what the heck the Raptors are doing.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

I’d go as far as just changing the team colors and making the Vice Nights jerseys the main ones for home and away.

Gonna have to strongly agree with this one.  Those jerseys put everyone else to shame.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Hello? Police? I'd like to report a murder. #RocketsvWolvesGame3Quarter3
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Hello? Police? I'd like to report a murder. #RocketsvWolvesGame3Quarter3

Hello Caller... can you describe the culprit?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
nice
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
I didn't expect much out of the Timberpups, but damn are they disappointing.
Outside of that 3rd quarter, please let the Jazz play the Houston team that's shown up for the rest of the series. And should GS match off against HOU in the WCF, please let that same Rockets team show up.

At least the Jazz are keeping me more than entertained right now. They need to take it to WB though. Get him in Foul Trouble in the 3rd.

edit: It's so funny that WB is so focused on "Shutting that **** down" in reference to Rubio smoking his ass w/ a triple double in the last game, that he is now not only not shutting down Rubio but getting smoked by Rookie D. Mitchell too. LMAO

Utah gonna finish this in OKC. PG gonna hitch a ride with Utah to Houston, and then catch the connecting flight to LA. LMAO

edit2:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:22:51 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
I swear, by the end of the series someone's going to throw a punch, the way this game went, with constant game stoppages for flying elbows & technical fouls. -_-'

Yeah, this was a fun one to watch as the Jazz crushed the Thunder 113-96. I was a little nervous for the first 1.5 quarters when the Jazz couldn't buy a bucket & the Refs seemed determined to take this game over (including a phantom foul on the Jazz when one of the Thunder players hit Westbrook). However, the Jazz managed to grind down the Thunder & stay in the game until the shots finally started landing halfway through the 2nd quarter. And from there, the Jazz were off to the races. This game was never in danger of falling out of their control after the first half.

I'm proud of this team. They remind me of the 90s-era Jazz in the sheer energy & hustle I saw on the court. If there was a loose ball, there was a Jazz man making a run for it & quite frequently knocking it back into play. They played hard, and they showed the Thunder that they are more than their match, despite not having the "star power". This team plays with a chip on their shoulder after a season of everyone writing them off after Hayward bailed.

And Russel Westbrook can go **** off. He was so focused on his little one-sided pissing match with Rubio that he didn't realize that Rubio isn't supposed to be a primary scorer with the Jazz. Rubio doesn't care if Westbrook shuts him down from a scoring perspective. His job, as the Point Guard, is to get the ball to the players who can best make the shots. He was so focused on Rubio that, meanwhile, every other major Jazz player was having the time of their life.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:39:10 AM by broodwars »

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Someone explain to me how the Rockets & Timberwolves is "MUST-SEE TNT TV", but the Jazz & OKC tonight is relegated to NBA TV. -_-

On a side note, the Warriors & 76ers advanced last night, as expected.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Because the Rockets are the better, more popular team?

Last night may have been Dwayne Wade’s last game. I hope he comes back for another season so people have a chance to prepare to see an all-time great one last time.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
Because the Rockets are the better, more popular team?

Despite the fact that it's likely going to be a boring game & a blowout? The last Jazz-Thunder game was not only great basketball, but featured multiple on-court altercations. If that doesn't scream "more worthy of national attention" than a 20-30 point blowout by the Top Team in the league over an 8th seed, I don't know what does.

And SPEAKING of those altercations, Russell Westbrook's been fined $10,000 & issued a post-game technical foul for iniating an altercation with Utah's Rudy Golbert while at the scorer's table. The actual RULES say that's a 1 Game Suspension, but since when has the NBA ever applied their own rules when a "star" is involved? I guarantee you that Rudy would be sitting a game if the situation was reversed.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Doesn’t matter. The Rockets were the best team this year by record. The only other teams that will get more national coverage are the Warriors (defending champs, four all-stars) and maybe the Cavs (because LeBron). I’m not saying I agree with it, but if you want an explanation, it’s as simple as popular teams get priority. The Jazz and Thunder are small market teams that likely won’t make it to the Finals. TNT doesn’t care which may be a better game; it cares which one gets more viewers. The Rockets posted the first 50 point playoff quarter in over 50 years. People want to watch that team. I don’t, but other people do.

And I just realized “Dwyane” got auto-corrected.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:36:33 AM by Adrock »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
How do you guys see the Dubs performing against the Pels for the first 2 home games in Oakland w/o Curry?

I'm really hoping they play get it together, because they've been too lax on most things all season and now there isn't a fine tuned defensive front, as they haven't practiced it all season.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
How do you guys see the Dubs performing against the Pels for the first 2 home games in Oakland w/o Curry?

I'm really hoping they play get it together, because they've been too lax on most things all season and now there isn't a fine tuned defensive front, as they haven't practiced it all season.

I think that series goes 6 games, but could go either way depending on how much New Orleans wants it & how determined the Warriors are to coasting through the round.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I think the Pels can steal one on the road here.  They did a good job defensively with Dame, so I'm thinking they can keep KD at bay (no pun intended) and with Steph out, Klay and Draymond might not be enough to outscore AD and Jrue who seem to have ascended to super-saiyan levels.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
4-1, Warriors with Curry. 4-2 Warriors without Curry.

Anthony Davis is amazing, a top 5 player. I’m not buying that the Pelicans are as good as they looked against the Blazers. Golden State is a much more talented team. Full stop.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Come on, Pacers.

Offline broodwars

• View Profile
The Jazz are currently wiping the floor with the Thunder in Game 5. It's amazing how OKC refuses to learn from their mistakes. They're still running Iso plays while the Jazz are whipping the ball all over the court.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
The Jazz are currently wiping the floor with the Thunder in Game 5. It's amazing how OKC refuses to learn from their mistakes. They're still running Iso plays while the Jazz are whipping the ball all over the court.

Jazz: ::sweating::

Offline broodwars

• View Profile

Jazz: ::sweating::

Smh...oh well, looks like we'll have to finish them off in Game 6. Westbrook won't go nuts like this again, and I don't think Snyder will let this team get so goddamn complacent again.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Come on, Jazz.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
NBA admitted it missed Lebron’s goaltend last night. /slow clap