Author Topic: Super Mario 3D World is Coming to Nintendo Switch With New Content and Amiibo  (Read 1309 times)

Offline John Rairdin

• Director
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile

We're down to like, Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade X, and Devil's Third.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/54798/super-mario-3d-world-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-with-new-content-and-amiibo

The Wii U's well received 3D Mario title, Super Mario 3D World is coming to Nintendo Switch with brand new content. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury appears to include a new world of some sort not seen in the original game. The trailer showed Mario in a dark rainy environment but beyond that we didn't get much for details. The game will also support online co-op for the first time in series history. Finally, Nintendo also briefly mentioned in a press release that two new amiibo figures would be available on the same day as the game's release: Cat Mario and Cat Peach.

Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury, along with the two new amiibo figures, is set to release on Nintendo Switch on February 12, 2021.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario 3D World is Coming to Nintendo Switch With New Content
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 09:47:01 AM »
Fine. I guess I’ll get this too.

Also, at first, I read the new content as “Bowser’s Furry” and thought that was a bold move for Nintendo.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario 3D World is Coming to Nintendo Switch With New Content
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 11:29:34 AM »
I'll have to buy this just for Bowser Fury.  Another set of challenging levels in 3D World is something I can't resist.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Yeah, sure. Never did finish the bonus content in 3D world, and the game will be better without the GamePad.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Online co-op? Wowzers. Mop It Up, I forget did you like this game? For what ever reason you came to mind and I said I want to play this game with you!

My kids have been begging me to bring the Wii U back from my moms because of this game but I knew this was coming eventually.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Yeah, sure. Never did finish the bonus content in 3D world, and the game will be better without the GamePad.

Not having the GamePad will make it worse, the GamePad really enhanced the game.

I might still get it since I loved the game. I finished most of the bonus content, but not all because I ended up getting frustrated with how hard some of them were (and I am at the point where I won't bother playing if I am getting more frustrated than joy from playing)

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
I am on the fence with this one as I love re-playing Wii U games on that system and only double-dip when there is significant additional content. I am also a sucker for the challenging levels. Champion's Road is sooo good that more of that would probably be enough to get me in on this.