Author Topic: EarthBound Listed to Appear on the Wii U eShop Today  (Read 23495 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: EarthBound Listed to Appear on the Wii U eShop Today
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
I've been grinding a lot so I'm probably not going to make that 20 hour mark.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »
So with all the buzz about EarthBound I decided to load up my old cartridge and give it a go.  I had only played once before and my save battery died and though I had a friend replace the battery on me I never went back to playing until now.

It's a fun game with a cool style.  I like how the whole area is connected without a world map, which aside from Pokemon is not something I think I've ever seen in a 2D RPG.  I also love how when you level up enough the enemies run from you and you can instantly kill them.  Not only is it good for saving time but it's also a good indicator of whether you've leveled up enough.  If they're running from you, clearly you can move to the next area.

Though for all the progressive elements like those the game has some archaic design that would have looked out of place even when it was released.  I don't like the Dragon Warrior style battles.  They're visually dull and claustrophobic.  But what is really annoying is the limited inventory.  I've never played a game where my weapons and armor eat up inventory slots.  Then you also have storyline items and duplicate items don't stack and it seems it is a constant chore to make room.  I guess the logic was that you're supposed to be carrying this stuff in your backpack and it adds a sense of realism to it all.

Other than that, though, the game is really cool.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
How long is this game? I am not sure if i should start it proper, cause i am already going through about four different plot heave games. Can i blast through within a weekend?
It isn't lengthy compared to today's games, but it's long for an SNES game. I'd estimate around 20 hours for a first-timer, and there isn't much in the way of side stuff to extend that either.

Unless you're seeking out some of the rare items, like Poos sword that can only be found in one particular part of the game by battling one particular enemy. Trying to get that sword adds a few hours if you don't really know what you're doing :P
But if it's your first time playing then you have no idea the 1/128 items exist, unless you're following a guide...

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2013, 10:57:02 PM »
Which ninty was nice enough to provide for "noobs" :p
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »
You mean that online guide? That thing doesn't even load for me.

Unless you were watching North American version of Nintendo Direct you wouldn't know it even exists. I certainly didn't.

I kinda expect manuals to be on a Home menu. They didn't include manual there, they just scanned guide book into pdf file and uploaded it to a site.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »
Ironically enough whenever I need to look anything up I hit the home menu, tap the browser, and then tap Search and it automatically put EarthBound as the first part of my search query and then I just type the rest.  Though the only thing I've looked up so far is items.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2013, 08:17:16 PM »
True. Does the book mention the 1/128 items?

I guess I could answer that by checking out the guide, but... eh.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2013, 09:20:56 PM »
It mentions them in one of the city preview/"newspaper" articles. Though they give the wrong location for the Gutsy Bat - it's in the final two rooms before the final boss.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2013, 04:35:24 PM »
$10!?!?!?
For a videogame????
In 2013 AD?????????????????
What the ****, Nintendo???????????
WHAT THE FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKashfpvnpaovmpanv