Author Topic: Hoping For Rain: Is Operation Rainfall a Failure or is There Still Hope?  (Read 51648 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Hoping For Rain: Is Operation Rainfall a Failure or is There Still Hope?
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2011, 12:12:45 AM »
I recall he said he was going to take a wait and see approach for how well these games do in Europe. Have these games sold well in Europe? If they have then he is out of excuses. If they have not, then maybe he was right all along.

Xenoblade supposedly sold like hot cake in Europe, so there must not be any excuses and with Zelda selling the way it has there is no excuse as to why these games are not already in north America.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2011, 12:37:19 AM »
If we were to see any of the 3 games, I would say that
Xenoblade is a lock
The Last Story is a slight possibility
Pandora's Tower.... I wouldn't hold my breath

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:37 AM »
Xenoblade is a lock

I recently found out that the north American 3DS is region free with DS games, so I assume that the Wii U could be the same way with the Wii, so all I would have to do is import Pandora's Tower if what you say is the case.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:44:56 AM by Kytim89 »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:36 AM »
Xenoblade is a lock

I recently found out that the north American 3DS is region free with DS games, so I assume that the Wii U could be the same way with the Wii, so all I would have to do is import Pandora's Tower if what you say is the case.

That is because the 3DS basically goes into DS mode when playing DS games and the DS was region free (except for some later games that used the DSi camera). Since the Wii is not region free, don't hold your breath hoping that Wii games will be region free on Wii U.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »
I didn't realize that.  I'll have to try that with Oundan.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:59 AM »
Well, this is an interesting rumor: Xenoblade's been marked (apparently) for an April release as a GameStop exclusive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454122

Huh.               
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »
Now there is real hope. Still not a sure thing... but between NoA posting Xenoblade images on their Facebook account and this GameStop leak things look very positive and very exciting for gamers here!

I'm a bit sour about importing when this game is (probably) going to get a North America release, but can't feel that bad. There are a few other imports that I really want to play such as Pikmin 2, status for the other Operation Rainfall games is still very unclear in North America, I do get to play - likely finish - the game before it's even officially released in my region, and I prefer to give my money to NoE anyway for taking the risk to localize this game instead of giving my sale to "Play it Safe Reggie and the NoA Crew".
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »
Well it is looking up right now for North American Wii owners. I think I may be the only one on here who didn't lose faith in NOA over these titles. This year I have been mainly playing through my Backlog and Tri and a bit of Skyward Sword and I still have lots of games I need to get so the announcement of these titles this year wasn't really an issue for me. You guys have to keep in mind that games take a long time to make and so there may not be a wealth of games each year if we are talking new franchises or excellent games. Sequels and yearly updates tend to take less time then the previously mention types of games. Anyway if all three games come out next year I think that that will be good enough for most gamers.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
What about all the preorders on Amazon? Will these all have to be canceled now?

While its great Nintendo is finally bringing it over, having only two places selling it guarantees this game can't become a huge sales hit. It needs to be available at Walmarts, Targets, Kmarts, and everywhere else also. That's the only way it can sell millions of copies. And a major marketing push is also necessary, but I doubt that will happen either.
is your sanity...

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »
It sounds like Nintendo of America doesn't have confidence in the game selling well and are planning a very limited release. Frankly, they're probably right that it wouldn't be a million seller at this point in time.

We should probably be glad that it's getting released here at all given how reluctant they were.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
Reggie really pisses me off sometimes. Even when he gives us what we want he does so in the most half ass way possible.
is your sanity...

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2011, 04:40:54 PM »
I told you guys that we would get Xenoblade in the spring of 2012. Now all we have is the other titles and everything will be done.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
I told you guys that we would get Xenoblade in the spring of 2012. Now all we have is the other titles and everything will be done.

Yeah you  did and well I was along side you that it was coming over here. I am still pretty excited still about the news. I wonder what OP Rainfall plans to do for the next 2 games. There are currently on phase 3.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »

While its great Nintendo is finally bringing it over, having only two places selling it guarantees this game can't become a huge sales hit. It needs to be available at Walmarts, Targets, Kmarts, and everywhere else also. That's the only way it can sell millions of copies. And a major marketing push is also necessary, but I doubt that will happen either.

I doubt that Xenoblade would ever sell millions of copies in North America even if they sold it in every store and had a massive marketing campaign.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »
Well, I seem to have eaten all my hats already. Can someone spare another?

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2011, 11:48:57 PM »
Well, I'm glad this is being made available to users in NA.  I don't regret my import, though.  I'll probably plan to import The Last Story when it's available in Europe  well unless NOA actually indicates plans to release the game before that time.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2011, 11:50:09 PM »
I thought that the listing for the game was already removed a while back. I just checked, and the game is listed as Monado, but it isn't available for pre-order, just for notification of when it becomes available. So there may not still be pre-orders for it, I can't tell.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2011, 11:59:15 PM »
I still get emails from Amazon at least once a month telling me that they're still not able to fill my preorder for it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2011, 12:05:51 AM »
Amazon will probably never be able to fill it, unless something changes and Nintendo opens the game up for other retailers besides Gameslop.
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2011, 02:51:19 AM »
Glad NOA found a way to put out the game and minimize their risk. I wonder if there was any bidding for the exclusivity.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Urkel

• Reggie Fart-Aime
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2011, 03:43:29 AM »

"ROFS? Rolling on the floor... starving?"- Phoenix Wright

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2011, 02:00:32 PM »
Was that supposed to be an animation? They all look exactly the same to me. You could have just posted one and that would have sufficed.
is your sanity...

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
I'll gladly eat my crow on this one. Good news for those who refused to import, though: the game's awesome.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2011, 11:39:35 PM »
Rumor via GoNintendo, with an unconfirmed/anonymous source:

- GameStop reached out to Nintendo to get Xenoblade Chronicles released in the states
- GameStop is helping to pay for publishing
- Nintendo is interested in localizing The Last Story as well
- This localization depends on sales of Xenoblade Chronicles preorders/sales
- Xenoblade Chronicles preorders are not doing well thus far

[/font]
Related to RFN podcast discussion where they were speculating about possible North American Xenoblade sales and how Operation Rainfall was the root cause for Xenoblade getting published here at all (making it a success even if none of the other games are released in North America). Sounds like their guesses were correct and that NoA deserves very little credit for bringing the game over if this rumor has any teeth.

If you are interested in playing Xenoblade and haven't already imported, consider preordering. Sounds like a very small print run unless demand increases.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »
If GameStop reached out to Nintendo and is helping pay for publishing, GameStop deserves the most credit. As much as I dislike GameStop, I would have to give credit where credit is due.