Author Topic: Ghost Recon on Wii U Will Have In-Game Purchases  (Read 1855 times)

Offline DanielM

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Ghost Recon on Wii U Will Have In-Game Purchases
« on: March 19, 2012, 12:52:06 PM »

The cheap or potentially free downloadable shooter on Wii U will have DLC.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29563

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online, which is coming to Wii U around the system's launch, is slated to have in-game purchases, according to a member of the development team.

The game is currently in beta on PC, and shows off a store lets you buy new items with in-game currency that you can earn while playing or you can buy "Ghost Coins" with real-world money. According to our source, this will be nearly identical to how it works on the Wii U.

The developer didn't mention many specifics about the controller, but did make the point to say that you'll be able to hot-switch your weapons and gear between respawns, which is a likely use for the touch screen on the Wii U controller.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online is currently in beta testing on PC. It's been in development on Wii U since approximately March 2011. You can read our E3 2011 preview and impressions for more info.

Daniel Mousseau
Web Programmer

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Recon on Wii U Will Have In-Game Purchases
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »
Having the Wii U game be the same free-to-play structure as the PC version would be nice for parity. I doubt Nintendo would let that fly so I expect there will be a US$10-15 base pack or something. It would be interesting if you could download and play the game for free on the Wii U. Ghost Recon Online would be one of the first, if not the first, free-to-play games to have a home console version.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:21:14 PM »
It had a possibility to fly. All they would have to do is give Nintendo a cut of of the store proceeds. Though if there is a retail version (disc) there will have to be money involved.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline StrawHousePig

• a tag
  • Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Title available upon http request.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »
Old gamers never die, we just run out of quarters.

Offline DanielM

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »
Well if it ends up being a retail game, then I can see them giving you some "Ghost Coins" to start off with. Kind of like what EA did with Battleforge.
Daniel Mousseau
Web Programmer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »
Didn't Ubisoft confirm that it would be a downloadable game for $10 on Wii U?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20