Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1186341 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3300 on: March 21, 2015, 11:25:34 PM »
I watched the first three episodes of True Detective. Matthew McConaughey is HILARIOUS. Every time Woody Harrelson asks him in a questions it's dark comedy gold!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: March 25, 2015, 07:50:38 AM »
So, erm, The Flash. The entire episode ignored the previous timeline? He saw himself so doesn't that mean the original timeline from the previous episode would take place anyway up to the point when Barry loops back? If you're going to introduce time travel, fine, but the rules have to be clearly set for how it works.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3302 on: March 25, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »
I think the rules are that time can not allow two people to exist at the same time.  So when he went back in time, he replaced the his other self.  However, he still retains the information of what happened to lead him to time travel.  So time prevents 2 instances of a person existing...that is the "time mirage."  But perhaps I am wrong. 

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 25, 2015, 10:04:27 AM »
But Barry saw himself both before and after he went back a day, so how can that be true? Either going back a day meant he created a new timeline, which if he did he wouldn't have seen himself, or he overlapped with his own timeline and saw himself and that caused two Barry's to be in the episode. The episode jumped between both ideas by re-showing previous things.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:25:17 AM by Plugabugz »

« Reply #3304 on: March 25, 2015, 11:58:19 AM »
current episode of Fresh off the Boat, man I am really loving this show everyone should be watching this show needs to last a while.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3305 on: March 25, 2015, 09:32:58 PM »
But Barry saw himself both before and after he went back a day, so how can that be true? Either going back a day meant he created a new timeline, which if he did he wouldn't have seen himself, or he overlapped with his own timeline and saw himself and that caused two Barry's to be in the episode. The episode jumped between both ideas by re-showing previous things.

Until it is fully explained in upcoming episodes we can not know for sure.  But one theory is that the speed force controls time and space...and that force is what keeps balance of time preventing paradoxes.

So the first time Barry noticed himself coming out of the speed force, but that event didn't happen yet, so he was seeing a speed mirage.  When the actual event does happen, the past Barry was the mirage. 

I didn't like the episode because it didn't truly explain things properly, but it was still fun.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: March 26, 2015, 05:13:01 AM »
Katherine Winnick (Vikings,) the Capt. Marvel hopeful, was on Person of Interest and was kicking ass, showing off those real world fighting (and acting) skills.

And she was looking good not all dirty and covered in blood.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: March 26, 2015, 09:10:49 AM »
She was really good at it too, i hope we see her again.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
That's the first time I've taken note of her outside of Vikings.

I don't think I would mind her as Capt. Marvel if she were chosen.
and hopefully she comes back to PoI as well... although John now got a fiery little red head to distract him, so things might be a little awkward if she comes back too soon.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 27, 2015, 04:27:39 AM »
Arrow: So Roy gets electrocuted and Oliver just leaves him there, unseen for the rest of the episode? What a dick move.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: March 27, 2015, 10:11:24 AM »
Arrow: So Roy gets electrocuted and Oliver just leaves him there, unseen for the rest of the episode? What a dick move.

Ha ha ha I noticed that too. I'd like to believe Oliver then told Felicity that Ray just killed Roy in an effort to break them up and further add to his dickishness.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: March 27, 2015, 11:48:42 AM »
Oh and let's not forget the part where Ray officiates the wedding and says that the couple has written some vows and let's Diggle and his wife speak. There seems to be no vows spoken. Just some quick tough talk like banter that seems it was made up on the spot and then the wedding is over. How long did they work on those vows?

Arrow. You so silly.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: March 27, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »

from the Marc Guggenheim Tumblr (lead writer)

What happened to Roy after the Arrow/ATOM fight ?! He is unconscious after being electrocuted and Oliver just walked away, leaving him !

That was our bad.

When Ray and Oliver fought Roy got electrocuted and thrown against a fence, Oliver then beat Ray and walked away, What happened to Roy? Is he okay? We don't see him again in the episode.

We fucked up.

But did we just forget about Roy in yesterday's episode? I mean he was electrocuted.

Yeah. That Roy moment wasn’t our finest hour.

Just another example supporting the decline of the show. Overall not a bad episode though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:41:55 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: March 27, 2015, 05:02:08 PM »
Seems to me this could be used to drive the wedge between Oliver and Roy.

Dude is such an ass he just leaves his unconscious, electrocuted friend lying in the street?  I wouldn't want to be his sidekick either.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 27, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
Leaving that glaring oversight for the moment, at least they had Oliver using his flechettes.  Well, once.  They really need to expand his repertoire.

Speaking of which.  I think he really needs something else if he will be useful in the following situation.

POTENTIAL MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: March 27, 2015, 06:49:48 PM »
Never mind Ray saying that he used the X-Ray scanner built into his helmet to work out Oliver is the Arrow.

What, you mean potentially lethal x-rays if repeatedly exposed to them hence medical staff leave the room prior to starting the scan to avoid repeated exposure? Ray will be dead real fast because of his own suit, never mind not having any training to do this kind of thing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 28, 2015, 12:26:04 AM »
Didn't you know that Central City isn't the first time Oliver and Ray meet.... They first met in Hong Kong.... 5 years ago.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 29, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »
Arrow was one of my favorite shows during season 2. Now, I have a hard time paying attention in season 3. At the current trajectory, it's going to reach Heroes Season 3 level of bad soon.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 29, 2015, 04:44:25 PM »
I really feel that if Cisco can create a gun that turns things into Gold, he's really not working towards his full potential at STAR Labs.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: March 29, 2015, 07:28:16 PM »
I really feel that if Cisco can create a gun that turns things into Gold, he's really not working towards his full potential at STAR Labs.

And it appears he did a Tony Stark and made it mostly from scrap and household appliances :P

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 29, 2015, 08:22:13 PM »

And it appears he did a Tony Stark and made it mostly from scrap and household appliances :P

I could be remembering wrong, but I don't think it was actually a Midas Gun though. Just some alloy that had a gold-like appearance.
I don't really feel like going back through the episode where I think it was actually mentioned....

Either way, Ray needs to meet Cisco, and Ollie needs to commission some special arrows out of Star Labs to make him relevant to the upcoming threats that far outclass his street level brawler team of misfits.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3321 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »
The "Gold Gun" was kinda silly.  But The Flash isn't about being realistic.  It is about being over the top and fun.  And besides, the real powers the character has was far more silly.  So, I am glad they are not changing the characters too much.

As for Cisco and the Arrow, I am hoping they move the Arrow away from point-y arrows and more into trick Arrows soon.  If Ray Palmer and/or Cisco could give the Arrow a new arsenal it would be great. 

I would like to see what they did in the animated series...

« Reply #3322 on: March 29, 2015, 10:05:00 PM »
Last Man Standing has begin it's downward spiral since about mid-season. I am hoping it can make a come back but so far it's just not as funny as it used to be.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3323 on: March 29, 2015, 10:58:11 PM »
Continued previous post.

The Animated series had the "Trick Arrows"  like Taser Arrows.  I feel the show really needs to work towards these, because otherwise Arrow is going to be framed easily anyone using real Arrows. 

Also, I would love to see Gas Arrows for both knocking out people, and stealth attacks.  Right now, Arrow is supposed to be a master leader and tactician however, I feel he just runs into situations arrows flying. 

The World Arrow is in, has gotten bigger and more "meta-human"-y.  I think Arrow as a show needs to evolve to show that. 

Give us trick arrows, give us a Black Canary with a real meta-Canary Cry.  Give us Roy Harper Arsenal, with his arm cut off and replaced with a weapon, because why not?

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3324 on: March 29, 2015, 11:12:58 PM »
Since I'm too lazy to bump the wrestling thread:

Wrestlemania XXXI - ***3/4
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.