Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 1.  (Read 73977 times)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 1.
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 07:55:38 AM »
As long as the doctor is alive, the Metroid will be safely in my hands. Anyone who has any interest in winning this thing is stuck with me.)

I believe you, but have a natural disinclination to accept first turn "you're stuck with me, so tell me all you know and spend your actions to protect me" logic.

What can I say? Trust issues run deep in my small pirate mind.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
Does the Godfather actually have to be one of the players that votes out the Metroid player to be able to have a chance at getting the Metroid? Can the Deleter(Godfather) sit back and have one of their goons vote out the Metroid player for a chance at the Metroid and bring it back with them to the Federation side but that goon who got it has to keep it till they die?   

Yes to both. Let's say the Federation Trooper was among one of the people to vote for the player who had the Metroid and he won the "Metroid lottery" of having it fall in his hands. Then he is automatically assigned to guard it. The Godfather can not choose to reassign it after even if he was also one of the players who helped vote out the Metroid player. It is only if the Godfather won the Metroid lottery by voting for the player with it or acquired it from his hit that the Deleter would have the choice to keep or assign it to a part of the squad.

The way I picture or envision this scenario is like an action scene. The Space Pirates, Federation and possible Samus are all firing at each other and diving for cover in this firefight. The Space Pirate with the Metroid is trying to move on to safety with the Space Pirates but this Pirate gets hit by a laser blast and croaks. As the Pirate's body hits the ground, the Metroid in its glass holding container rolls from the lifeless body into the middle of the battlefield. It is there for the taking to which ever person in the firefight gets the opportunity. That opportunity is determined at random via the host but whoever it is snatches the Metroid from the battlefield and retreats back and the firefight ends as all withdraw to replan their next offensive.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 11:53:29 AM »
Does the Godfather actually have to be one of the players that votes out the Metroid player to be able to have a chance at getting the Metroid? Can the Deleter(Godfather) sit back and have one of their goons vote out the Metroid player for a chance at the Metroid and bring it back with them to the Federation side but that goon who got it has to keep it till they die?   

Yes to both. Let's say the Federation Trooper was among one of the people to vote for the player who had the Metroid and he won the "Metroid lottery" of having it fall in his hands. Then he is automatically assigned to guard it. The Godfather can not choose to reassign it after even if he was also one of the players who helped vote out the Metroid player. It is only if the Godfather won the Metroid lottery by voting for the player with it or acquired it from his hit that the Deleter would have the choice to keep or assign it to a part of the squad.

The way I picture or envision this scenario is like an action scene. The Space Pirates, Federation and possible Samus are all firing at each other and diving for cover in this firefight. The Space Pirate with the Metroid is trying to move on to safety with the Space Pirates but this Pirate gets hit by a laser blast and croaks. As the Pirate's body hits the ground, the Metroid in its glass holding container rolls from the lifeless body into the middle of the battlefield. It is there for the taking to which ever person in the firefight gets the opportunity. That opportunity is determined at random via the host but whoever it is snatches the Metroid from the battlefield and retreats back and the firefight ends as all withdraw to replan their next offensive.

So it is very possible that one or more mafia members could go after the Metroid in an attempt to claim the Metroid because the odds could be in their favor of obtaining it. I wonder if Samus/Dark Samus risk this sort of thing as well and end the game early? So I am pondering my vote now with this new information.     
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 12:12:03 PM »
There is one other possiblity and it would be very clever.   pokepal is Samus/Dark Samus and hasn't been searched yet to confirm he is a normal townie or if he has the results show that voting him out is the best option so I am kinda conflicted. Today is Samus kill day and if pokepal is Samus then the kill won't go through. Day 2 is Dark Samus kill day so if voted out today then he wouldn't be able to kill anyone tomorrow.   Can someone confirm that he has been searched at this point?   I would feel stonger in voting one way over another if I knew the status of pokepal and if he is a townie or not.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 01:00:32 PM »
Heads up. Current Vote Tally:

pokepal148 - 3
ShyGuy - 2
Lucario - 1
Mop it up - 1

Voting ends in 9 hours.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 01:25:33 PM »
There is one other possiblity and it would be very clever.   pokepal is Samus/Dark Samus and hasn't been searched yet to confirm he is a normal townie or if he has the results show that voting him out is the best option so I am kinda conflicted. Today is Samus kill day and if pokepal is Samus then the kill won't go through. Day 2 is Dark Samus kill day so if voted out today then he wouldn't be able to kill anyone tomorrow.   Can someone confirm that he has been searched at this point?   I would feel stonger in voting one way over another if I knew the status of pokepal and if he is a townie or not.
(it's day 1. Nobody has been searched yet.

If I were Samus/Dark Samus than why the hell would I draw so much attention to myself?)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 01:29:21 PM »
After some thought I think I am going to vote for ShyGuy to tie things up for now.   unVote ShyGuy

Give players some options to vote for and to show up and vote.

I haven't heard one way or another on pokepal's status if it is townie or not but if I hear one way or another then I may change my vote.  Upon further considering it might be best to shuffle the board and the Metroid.    Vote Pokepal148
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:23:45 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 01:31:39 PM »
(it's day 1. Nobody has been searched yet.

According to the roles Mother Brain can send in a search right now and get the results back in a hour.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2020, 02:23:02 PM »
Beginning of day: everyone's here to role play!

End of day: everyone's here to vote!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 02:41:56 PM »
Whoever offers the largest bounty can buy my vote. In the meantime...

Vote nickmitch

Toss out a vote ya bum.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:37:42 PM by Mop it up »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2020, 02:49:52 PM »
Whoever offers the largest bounty can buy my vote. In the meantime...

Vote nickmitch

Toss out a vote ya bum.

I would normally vote for Khushrenada, but he's hosting.  Plus, BeautifulShy just tied things up, and I didn't want to shake the table too much.

But fine. vote Mop it up.

Now, about that bounty. . .
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »
*wipes the counter* 'Nother day ahead of tending the bar. Seems like I get busier all the time. More time spent cleaning up broken glass than serving drinks though. Who would have thought a planet named Outlaw would be filled with such raucous characters?

My waitress, Cupcake, complains about her tips. These brigands gotta be cheap on top of their vandalism! Still, things may pick up soon. Keep hearing rumors about bounty hunters, federation  soldiers and space pirates coming here. Convention, maybe? The Brigandia Chamber of Commerce is always trying to drum up business by hook or by crook.

Just another sign that Outlaw's getting more commercial. Hear there's some kind of contest associated with this gathering and we got to vote early and often to see who gets to go to the next level. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Seems suspicious. I'll have to consult my friend, Jamison Jones, Esq. He's never steered me wrong!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2020, 03:18:32 PM »
I don't want us to have a tie as that leads to bad things in Khush games (looks like the Kraid role gets to kill when that happens, and if Kraid is gone, dealers choice, and Khush makes sure that never ends well for us).

So Vote Shyguy. Also seems like a safer bet, because I think Pokepal has gone and outed himself holding important items/roles in the past, so it's not unheard of for him to pull a stunt like this.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2020, 03:25:13 PM »
Beginning of day: everyone's here to role play!

End of day: everyone's here to vote!

Lol! That's so often been my situation because I end up having to fight for my life by the end of a day.  >:(

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »
So there is a little less than 7 hours of Day one so a quick recap of who has posted and voted and any activity.

Stratos votes for Mop it up as usual on Day 1 and usually Mop it up returns the vote until she decides to vote for someone different. Changes it to ShyGuy later on to break the tie between ShyGuy and pokepal.

Mop it up voted for Nickmitch right off the bat and Nickmitch returns the favor. Talk of bounty, roleplay and votes. Changes her vote to Steefosaurus after thatguy's post. Changes once again to pokepal for the 9th vote.

BeautifulShy voted for Lucario to start as a random vote and then changed it to ShyGuy to make a tie. I also talk about the roles and how they work and possible reasons why someone may be a certain role. I finally decide to go and vote for pokepal after much thought.

ejamer voted for Stratos to start because they posted first with their vote. Changed it to pokepal later on.  Also says he isn't sure if he can trust the comments made by pokepal about "tell me all you know and protect me" by pokepal but believes that pokepal has the Metroid.

Mr. Bungle commented on how these games start and how the end game is more about back tracking.

Pokepal first votes for stevey, claims to have the Metroid and then later changes their vote to ShyGuy for self defense. 

Insanolord votes for pokepal to stop them from speaking that way.

ShyGuy votes for pokepal and says that Insanolord convenced him.

ejamer votes for pokepal but  says he likes the accent but who can resist a bandwagon

GK starts the ShyGuy vote. No other comments thus far.

stevey is curious about the interactions of how the Metroid works and if pokepal if he has a metroid can send it to someone else willingly. Votes for pokepal and notes the pros and cons of doing so.

Steefosaurus notes things in their CPU voice. 3 votes for the same person in one hour. 1st person to PM me.  Votes Mop it up.

MASB does their roleplay thing. No Vote. 

Thatguy votes for pokepal and proposes to have everyone vote out pokepal as it would shuffle the Metroid around.

Luigi Dude votes for pokepal after thatguys suggestion. Is pretty accurate on last games events after he was neighborized.

The Fleece is going along with thatguys vote for pokepal and thinks it would be safest to shuffle the board and Metroid.

Remaining players with no posts in the thread or votes.

Lucario
RABicle

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:15:49 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »
The Space Pirate with the Metroid is trying to move on to safety with the Space Pirates but this Pirate gets hit by a laser blast and croaks. As the Pirate's body hits the ground, the Metroid in its glass holding container rolls from the lifeless body into the middle of the battlefield.

Dealing with this metroid sounds like risky business so I feel like we should get hazard pay for this job. I say we start a space pirate union. Who is with me?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2020, 04:13:48 PM »
The Metroid is the only item that can be swapped among players

So does that mean poke can swap it and give it to someone else at will? Can we just hot potato it until we find (Dark) Samus and get a self destruct alert?

The person guarding the Metroid can not give it away. It must be taken from them out of their cold dead hands. The Metroid only changes hands when the person guarding it is voted out or eliminated in a hit. If the player is targeted by multiple hits on the same night then it will be a random decision who gets it like the vote.

As an aside, most likely this will not happen but I'll outline it here and now, this is the weirdest night action outcome. A townie is guarding the Metroid. That night, the townie is targetted by a Samus, the Godfather and the Townie Vigilante (Omega Pirate) at the same time. One of those three will be randomly selected to receive the Metroid. Now, if the Omega Pirate is the one who receives the Metroid there is a problem. He is going to be eliminated for targeting a townie. The Omega Pirate can not take the Metroid into the Dead Thread. What to do? I could randomly select any living player to end up with it. However, since the Townie Vigilante represents the townie side (and since I envision it as a firefight involving all three factions fighting for the Metroid at once) with the townie side winning by getting control of the Metroid in that situation, I will randomly select one of the remaining townie to gain control of the Metroid from the Townie Vigilante (Omega Pirate). Like I say, that particular scenario is rare. But more likely it would be applied in case the Vigilante targets a Space Pirate who is in control of the Metroid and thus takes possession of the Metroid but must be eliminated for targeting a fellow Space Pirate.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2020, 05:33:47 PM »
I have to give a vote Pokepal.

I'll take it at face value he's telling the truth. This was a bad idea, Pokepal. The last few games I played or observed involving Pokepal involved him making bad decision after bad decision. When I was Godfather, he was the one that put me in the alliance, and set up a win, providing information about who had what role, clarifying the picture of what paths I should have taken.

My advice? Everyone vote for Pokepal. Rescramble where the Metroid is. At this point, if you don't vote for Pokepal, you're only increasing the chance that an organized mafia gets the Metroid. Whereas, if everyone votes for Pokepal, odds are it goes to the townies anyway, and odds are against Samus holding it. If it goes to the mafia, there's no consequence. We'll vote them out initially.

Whomever gets the Metroid, my advice is for you to shut up about it instead of relying on a doctor we technically don't know is even playing.

Again, I don't see much reason to doubt Pokepal. I can just say revealing this information doesn't provide any safety or cover for the townies, and it's a great way for a townie alliance to have mafia infiltration from the start. It's a terrible idea. Let's reset the board, assuming he's truthful. If he's not truthful, then it's a win. This is about as close to a day one win-win the townies can get, really.

Or, you know, we could keep him alive, watch the doctor fail to protect, and watch Samus run away with the thing on the second day and go ahead and lose. That's essentially how awful a plan this was.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2020, 05:37:21 PM »
Vote Steefosaurus

Enough analytics, time to step up and vote.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:09:26 PM by Mop it up »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2020, 05:59:35 PM »
I mean, I suppose you could let me just take the Metroid. I'm already dead.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »
(Just to be clear, the only player who hasn't been active so far is Lucario, so it's safe to say the doctor is playing.)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2020, 06:20:24 PM »
I'm going to say, Vote Pokepal.

In the previous game, Pokepal outed themselves early and we thought they were bluffing and that's why we tried to do a mafia hit early on thinking making themselves such an obvious target to make us not go after them.

So if Pokepal is mafia or Samus,  what better way to make the townies feel safe then by doing the same thing they did last game.  As someone who was mafia last game, and then assimilated to another mafia so had to be a double agent, but is just a basic townie now, I can't help but be paranoid about who I can trust this game.

Sorry Pokepal, you might be innocent but part of me can't shake the chance that you aren't and for the glory of the Space Pirates all doubt must be eliminated.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2020, 06:30:57 PM »
With the recent turn of revelations it might be best to reshuffle the board. Considering and weighing all options I’ve decided to Vote Pokepal. Best to stay on the safe side for now.
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2020, 06:36:45 PM »
I have to give a vote Pokepal.

I'll take it at face value he's telling the truth. This was a bad idea, Pokepal. The last few games I played or observed involving Pokepal involved him making bad decision after bad decision. When I was Godfather, he was the one that put me in the alliance, and set up a win, providing information about who had what role, clarifying the picture of what paths I should have taken.
(Allow me to address this for what feels like the 18 billionth time. Real life got the best of me and kept me from paying close enough attention to that game towards the end (it's what happens when there's a mafia game around the holidays. I was told by numerous people that you could likely be trusted so I took the chance since I figured you were skilled enough to carry the rest of the townie victory. It backfired spectacularly, everyone has been on my case about it (including the folks who told me you could be trusted in the first place) and overall it was a learning experience for me.

Last game I was forced into pretty much an unwinnable situation after being overall much more careful with PMs. The Doctor and Detective found each other on their own before they reached but overall my plan had been to have multiple smaller alliances between myself and players that I felt I could trust. That way if one of them was a turn coat they wouldn't be able to find the doctor or detective and overall would be limited in what information they receive from me.

Ironically this worked to my advantage when I was turned. One of the people in my fake townie alliance was someone who had reached out earlier with a screenshot verifying that they were a townie at that point and iirc I called on them to help with a vote. Later on because I hadn't told him that Nickmitch was the detective I was able to rope them into the fake townie alliance with Lolmonade as the detective but that kind of situation is thankfully unlikely to happen here.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »
(also this last minute shuffling of votes is very suspicious.)