Poll

Are you in favor of the new rule for player's vote changes? (See Announcement Post)

Yes
4 (44.4%)
No
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: October 11, 2021, 01:17:53 PM

Author Topic: Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 2 - The Wine Cellar.  (Read 6922 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 2 - The Wine Cellar.
« on: October 08, 2021, 01:04:11 PM »
Story Post
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXVI: Luigi's Mafia Mansion. Day 2 - The Wine Cellar.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »
Announcements Post:

Day 1 Results

- No one eliminated in the Day Vote
- ThePerm (Gooigi) Killed by King Boo
- NWR_Insanolord (The Brain) Killed by Luigi

Ah, those crazy day one results. Definitely a mixed bag here. The King Boo Mafia has eliminated Gooigi which means there is now only one killer left in the game. This means Luigi can now make a hit every night which may make him more powerful much faster. Luigi has already hurt the Ghosts by taking away their detective and getting the Virtual Boo ability for himself.

This means there are 16 players still alive. That means the number of votes needed to reach the Majority Vote on a target is 9.

Voting period will be close to 49 hours. A little bit of extra generosity as we play through the weekend and with Metroid Dread having released. That means the Day will end on 2 PM EST Oct. 10 aka 11 AM PST Oct. 10 aka 3 AM Perth Time Oct. 11 if a majority vote is not reached to end the day sooner.

Yesterday, I brought up the subject of what to do about improperly edited vote changes. I proposed a solution about it but saw absolutely no response on it. So, here it is again.

What if we no longer care too much about editing a previous vote? Just let it be. Rather, if a player casts a new vote, it automatically invalidates their previous vote. When tallying the day vote, I use an Excel sheet with all the players listed and mark that Day's vote to their name. Thus, if I start from the end of the day thread and work back to the start, I will see the most recent vote a player made and if I come across when they made earlier, I'll know to skip it and not count it because there is already a vote I've got next to their name from later in the thread.

That said, there's no harm in a player going back and editing their previous vote to strike it out or unbold it or say unvote whoever. But at least even if they forget to do so or are rushing at the end of day, this new rule of only counting the vote posted closest to the deadline resolves that issue. Does that sound like a better plan to everyone or should I just be a stickler about how to unvote?

I've made a poll about it on the Day's thread so now you all have something else to vote on today.

I think that takes care of the major details to cover right now so the game is back on!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 04:46:29 PM »
Vote Stratos because I'm pretty sure he hasn't bought Luigi's Mansion 3 yet.

Ha! Jokes on you! I bought it a good while ago! A whole....checkes download progress from eShop lots of unspecific time ago!

Humor aside, I did buy it a good while back close to its release and played a good deal of it. Was used with one of my last 2-game vouchers NOA greedily removed the ability to buy.

I'd re-vote Mop it up because of the false assumption, but things are more serious this time around and I don't want to forget to remove the vote later.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 05:19:09 PM »
Gooigi is out nice and early, but it won't mean much while Luigi is still at large.

MASB abstained last round, let's try and stir up some activity

Vote MASB (subject to change)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 05:20:53 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 05:56:26 PM »
I have a theory that one of the non active non voting players are the Boo B Trap.  Their ability activates automatically during the night and can cause a miss from the town vigilante, Luigi( Killer role) so it would be helpful for the town to take out this annoyance early on so they can not dodge kills, vig hits later on in the game.

From my understanding the only way to take them out is the day vote.

Since TOPHATANT123 is already voting for one of the inactives in MASB I will vote for the other.

Vote Mr. Bungle
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 06:07:04 PM »
Purrhaps we should hold off for now and talk this over some more.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2021, 07:19:19 PM »
No vote is a real option now, hm? Hmm.

Humor aside, I did buy it a good while back close to its release and played a good deal of it. Was used with one of my last 2-game vouchers NOA greedily removed the ability to buy.
Huh, I'm sorry then, I'm not sure why I thought you didn't. Maybe because I don't think we played the multiplayer, which isn't much different than not getting it!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2021, 09:22:05 PM »

What kind of discussion do you think will be productive for the townies at this junction?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 10:41:45 PM »

What kind of discussion do you think will be productive for the townies at this junction?
Fur starters, you mentioned you changed your vote to a "no vote" yesterday as part of an experiment. I'm curious about what kind of experiment that would be.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 11:13:32 PM »

Since TOPHATANT123 is already voting for one of the inactives in MASB I will vote for the other.

Vote Mr. Bungle

I posted in day 1 so I am more active than MASB or Crimm. I usually don't vote day 1 because there is nothing to go on. I am working on a few leads and should have a vote out in day 2.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 11:25:15 PM »
Fur starters, you mentioned you changed your vote to a "no vote" yesterday as part of an experiment. I'm curious about what kind of experiment that would be.

I was just seeing if there would have been a vote change on the Mop it up and pokepal votes and it seems like there was.   I was also wondering if the No vote would take precident even though there was votes for other players even if no vote didn't get majority.   
Really only one person PMed me on Day 1 and I was going along with the no vote idea they had and see if there would have been crossfire between the mafia and killers and there was a little bit.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 11:26:19 PM »

Vote Mr. Bungle

I posted in day 1 so I am more active than MASB or Crimm. I usually don't vote day 1 because there is nothing to go on. I am working on a few leads and should have a vote out in day 2.

Okay sounds like a plan.  Keep it up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2021, 12:04:13 AM »
*gurgle* Excuse me! Some peat indigestion going on there! ThePerm, who told me ghosts could be pirates, got offed by the Boo Mafia?! :( The guy who gave me hope that I can aspire to something besides witnessing firsthand the effects of swamp gas. That ghosts can be anything they want! I hope his murder is avenged.

Maybe he'll come to the graveyard to play! I hear there's a new game called Metroid Dread. But I dread to play it, being as fearful as I am. Maybe I can look over somebody's obliging shoulder playing the game while I quiety despair, wondering if this is Sakamoto's last game!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2021, 12:09:54 PM »
The amount of inaction yesterday and carrying into today worries me, I guess I'll also poke around and see what happens.

un-Vote Nickmitch
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 11:39:18 PM by Mop it up »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 12:21:50 PM »
Alright, based on my careful examination of the Day 1 no-vote fiasco I a have determined the following people to be quite suspicious:
Nickmitch
Rabicle
Pokepal
I will probably vote for one of them based on their reactions to this aspersion.
"Why not vote for one of them now and change your vote later?" you ask?
Clearly the host has made the rules for changing a vote so complicated nobody can safely do it without nullifying their vote. Of course we can vote to change the rules for un-voting...but what are the rules for un-voting the vote for changing the rules for un-voting?!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2021, 06:56:23 PM »
My intention was always to go for a no-vote. I just led with a stevey vote for meme and vedetta related reasons. (:ph:)

I had hoped with a day or two we could purhapps get a better idea of what the game looks like and maybe the detective would find something out but with him gone that strategy is no longer valid. Unfortunately the only strategy I see now for a townie win is to go after players who seem suspicious and hope for the best. Business as usual I suppose. I am still trying to gather my thoughts on that front though.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2021, 08:00:13 PM »
Let's vote MASB for now. I find it odd that he hasn't reached out to me yet. He usually does fairly early on in past gamess and we end up forming a townie alliance of some sort.

The fact that he hasn't suggests to me that he may not be a townie this time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 09:32:53 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 08:33:40 PM »

VooOOoote LooOOoolmonaaaaade for cryptically going for an inactive player instead of an active threat. Shyguy can't be LuuuuUUUUuuuiiiiiigi/Mafia Leader since he hasn't been here since Day oooOOOOoooneee.

Yesterday, I brought up the subject of what to do about improperly edited vote changes. I proposed a solution about it but saw absolutely no response on it. So, here it is again.

Like most of the poll voters, this is a gooOOood idea in my booOOook. A new vote clearly signals the old one is vooOOooid. StrikthrooOOoouuughs, edits, and/or UnVotes help and remain appreciated!

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2021, 09:00:19 PM »
I'm officially dropping my No Vote.

Reviewing what happened yesterday and what's happened so far today, I got nothing. If I decide someone has made a good point I can be persuaded to change it.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2021, 09:24:04 PM »
Since one of the No Votes ended up being Gooigi, they seem kind of suspicious.  I'm going to go with vote Nickmitch since they were the second one to cast the No Vote yesterday.

edit
Never mind I should have read the rules better.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 10:27:14 PM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2021, 09:26:12 PM »
Gooigi is one of the killers though. Whatever Gooigi was up to there has no bearing on anyone else. He would have been a lone wolf.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 09:28:06 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2021, 09:59:28 PM »
Gooigi is one of the killers though. Whatever Gooigi was up to there has no bearing on anyone else. He would have been a lone wolf.

I thought Luigi and Gooigi were working together in this game?  I assume it's a team function like in Luigi's Mansion 3.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2021, 10:18:15 PM »
They're both lone wolves like I said. Otherwise they'd basically just be a second mafia with a weird ability assimilation scheme.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2021, 10:30:35 PM »
Opps I shouldn't have speed read the rules. :-[

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2021, 11:38:44 PM »
Oof, things are getting a bit messy around here. There isn't much time left so I think I'll join the Vote MASB since I don't have a better guess.