Author Topic: Episode 670: The Owltimate Copyright Infringement  (Read 1749 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 670: The Owltimate Copyright Infringement
« on: April 26, 2020, 03:19:16 PM »

Send European game devs to prison.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/53599/episode-670-the-owltimate-copyright-infringement

Greg took the week off to watch Roger Goodell get boo'd from his living room. In his place we are joined by Bill, host of many podcasts: Run Jump Stomp, Nintendo Switch Craft, StadiaCast, and 143 Pixels (where in March Bill hosted James' rantings about Taiko no Tatsujin).

Bill leads us into a conversation about the new Super Mario Marker 2 content: Super Mario Bros. 2 mushrooms, World Maker...world, and the Frog Suit for some reason. He too is playing Animal Crossing, leading credence to the theory that every human on Earth is in fact playing Animal Crossing at all times. Lastly, he has a few thoughts on Final Fantasy VII Remake. Guillaume is playing multiplayer "don't touch your face" simulator Heave Ho, and he's also completed Good Job! which he thinks might have been a bit of an overstated title. Lastly, Jon somehow ended up playing Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Owltimate Edition. I don't even know what to say here, so we talk about the fact that the European home computer software houses were full of thieves.

After the break we tackle an extended email on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on video game development, and the industry as a whole. As always, you can send us your questions here.

Thanks again to Bill for joining us this week.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 670: The Owltimate Copyright Infringement
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 10:18:04 AM »
Too late, the dev behind Giana Sisters died a few years back.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 670: The Owltimate Copyright Infringement
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 11:54:41 AM »
James, I thought you'd be all over advanced trolling in SMM2. Like the ones CarlSagan42 plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuQnz0fyKVA