Author Topic: King Dedede Joins the Fight in New Super Smash Bros.  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
King Dedede Joins the Fight in New Super Smash Bros.
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:00:25 AM »

Dedede is coming right back at ya!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36332

Kirby series antagonist King Dedede is the latest veteran fighter to be confirmed as a playable character in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U.

The self-proclaimed king of Dream Land made his series debut in the last game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, on Wii, and like many of the returning fighters revealed so far, he appears to carry over a lot of his attacking moveset, including the Super Dedede Jump and the Jet Hammer.

The unveiling of King Dedede brings the current total roster count for the new Smash Bros. titles to 21 characters. This includes a broad selection of veteran fighters, in addition to newcomers Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man and Rosalina.

Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: King Dedede Joins the Fight in New Super Smash Bros.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:08:07 AM »
YESSSSS! He wasn't always the best choice to play with but I still love that puffed up penguin. Now to wait for confirmation of Meta-Knight and the Dreamland Trifecta is complete. I've got the Dedede Theme version in Brawl playing in my head now.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:56:37 AM »
Just as expected for todays update!

King Dedede was a beast in Brawl and I want him to stay that way, but for goodness sakes Sakurai no chain grabs and infinite grabs! My poor Donkey Kong and Bowser are still traumatized!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:36:00 PM »
I mained Dedede in Brawl as well, and I hope they know what to do to keep his grab powerful, but be smart enough to not allow the chain grab to happen. I like the way that Project M handled it...

I also like what project M did with his Down+B, which I worry will be just as ineffectual in Super Smash Bros. 4 as it is in Brawl.

Still, as long as Dedede keeps his deceptively long grab range and his disjointed pokes between the minion toss and his side-tilt, He'll still be great to use.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »
maybe i just sucked with him but i thought he was a terrible character. i also hate his final smash

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:47:15 PM »
King Dedede was one of the few new characters in SSBBrawl that I liked.