Author Topic: E.á´ª.ÆŽ - Divine Cybermancy (PC Cyberpunk RPGFPS)  (Read 1278 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
E.á´ª.ÆŽ - Divine Cybermancy (PC Cyberpunk RPGFPS)
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:55:31 AM »
(AKA E.Y.E)

Some people liken it to Deus Ex. I can't compare that as I haven't played much of DX but EYE is definitely a deep RPGFPS with heavy cyberpunk elements (including hacking) and conspiracies.

So basically you're an agent of EYE (a secret society) who just got bumped on the head and forgot everything which is probably just an excuse to introduce you to the basic concepts of the world despite being an elite agent. You know, like The Witcher. You get the four basic disciplines of weapons, hacking, cyber augmentations and psionic powers. Different players have chosen different paths, I went with straight forward shooting for my first character but others have gone around simply hacking anybody (yes, you can hack people's brains but you run the risk of getting killed by black ICE in the process) or using psi powers to turn themselves into an army and enemies into a fine red mist. That stuff goes from simple healing up to instakilling even the toughest enemies with a risk of permanently crippling yourself.

There's multiple-choice dialogues that let you avoid some fights or just get into them, a sanity system that makes you go insane if you take too much damage and lack mental stability, a karma system that makes assholish behaviour lead to "accidents" (and in this game there's a lot of ways to behave like an asshole) and of course online coop. You can play with multiple people through the campaign or on separate maps, keeping your character progress and using the wildly varying specializations to form a powerful team. For example while you play the ATB-like hacking minigame you remain within the physical world and enemies could walk up to you and punch you in the face, your buddy could prevent that. Grunt enemies keep spawning like in Contra so you can't easily hole up and fight them all off.

The game is a bit confusing at the start and the tutorial isn't very good but by playing it you will quickly develop an understanding of how everything works. Pretty much everything is in the GUI menu and has tooltips so you don't need to go through all the tutorial videos (most of them are just "open the menu and click the button"). After finishing the first mission you're sent on you'll know what works how.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
Re: E.á´ª.ÆŽ - Divine Cybermancy (PC Cyberpunk RPGFPS)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:36:04 AM »
If it's even a shadow of Deus Ex, it has to be a great game. I'll look into this, especially since I won't be able to enjoy the upcoming Deus Ex title (consolitis to the max!).
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: E.á´ª.ÆŽ - Divine Cybermancy (PC Cyberpunk RPGFPS)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
You had me at Deus Ex.