Author Topic: Donkey Kong GC, Donkey Kong Racing and Yoshi GC...  (Read 6896 times)

Offline Andy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Donkey Kong GC, Donkey Kong Racing and Yoshi GC...
« on: May 05, 2003, 06:51:16 AM »
I just read an Interview with Shigeru Miyamoto which was held @ D.I.C.E by www.nintendonewsonline.com where he confirms the existance of a DK game AS WELL AS DKR, and a new Yoshi game

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 07:31:34 AM »
Yeah, both Donkey Kong games were known to be still in development(at least Donkey Kong Next)...The Yoshi GC game intrigues me because Yoshi is my fav Ninty character...What I'm hoping for is a 3d platformer instead of a 2 1/2 D game that was the mediocre Yoshi's Story.  Hopefully, Ninty was using the Yoshi in Mario Sunshine as the blueprint for a future Yoshi 3d
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 07:36:58 AM »
i would like to see what they do with yoshi as well.
yoshi's story was cute as hell  and i loved how everything looked stitched.
my son loved it and would hum the music for days.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: Donkey Kong GC, Donkey Kong Racing and Yoshi GC...
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 08:30:40 AM »
If they expanded on Yoshi's Story and mad it longer it would be great. I loved the game though it was short.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 09:56:27 AM »
omg hooray! some of my favorite games on snes were Yoshi's Island and the Donkey Kong series. hooray! particularly about the yoshi GC

Offline Michael8983

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2003, 10:11:13 AM »
I want Yoshi to be a side-scrolling game. I was dissapointed by Yoshi's Story but Yoshi's Island on the SNES is my favorite side-scrolling game of all time.
I would love to see a cel-shaded sequel to the game on the Gamecube.

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 10:34:02 AM »
Miyamoto said the DK game would be "2d meets 3d". Sounds like the Donkey Kong Country games with full 3D graphics, like smash bros where you have 3d graphics but 2d movement....
If that's true, then I'll be one of the first to buy it.

Offline Fammy2000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2003, 11:35:09 AM »

my son loved it and would hum the music for days.

Ah, crap. Now I have the music in my head again.

La, la la la la. La la la la. La la la la.
(Grunting noise Yoshi makes when he jumps).

I'm thinking this game will be an extension of Yoshi's Story.

My sig beat up your honor roll sig.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 11:52:43 AM »
Considering that they got Bill's last name wrong, I'm highly suspect that this actually happened.  If anything, it seems almost like they simply grabbed Miyamoto in a hallway and popped a couple questions on him.  Getting an exclusive with Miyamoto isn't easy.  IGN, Famitsu, Gamespy, and others were invited to the same limited roundtable discussion (each outlet only got two questions) that we were at.  If those outlets couldn't get a one-on-one with Miyamoto, I don't see why these guys would.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline MickeyD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 12:18:47 PM »
Of all the games nintendo has made Yoshi's story is the only one that I must say I hated. You went in buying it think it was going to be the master piece super mario world 2: yoshi's Island was instead your stuck with crap. I hated everything about it all you did was eat fruits and your game didn't end until ate all 30 fruits.  i was such a let down. I hope to god if miyamoto makes a new yoshi game it is nothing like that piece of crap.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 01:20:04 PM »
well donkey kong is already sounding good to me
if it is the 2d meets 3d, i cant wait- maybe it will have the good music like rare put into the original dkc games

personally i liked yoshi story- sure it was kiddy and cute, but it was fun
it wasnt nintendo's best, but i like how much fun it was
hopefully that game could be made like a 2d game just like yoshi island
we shall all see come e3
i call the big one bitey.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 01:57:05 PM »
Oh come on, MickeyD, how could you not like Yoshi's Story.  Don't you remember how "The yoshi's grew happier"?
Those were some fun times...
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2003, 05:54:28 PM »
sure it was quick and easy, but fun oh to play it again *heads to ebay and buys it*
oh wait, my 64 is broken :\

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 07:02:19 PM »
Oh, I'm sure you guys would buy it all over again on your GBAs...

Unfortunately, I'm not being sarcastic. Come on, I know that time can make anything seem nostalgic, but Yoshi's Story was a weak, weak game. I heard practically nothing but complaints when it came out, and I'm not talking about people expecting a "cool" game, but many found it annoying, others way too easy, and the few that DID like it found it way, way too short. (Even after NoA added in that extra "Get only Honeydew Mellons" goal, whatever the special fruit was.)

Some people will defend anything because it has the Nintendo name on it.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2003, 07:33:09 PM »
yes it was short and easy, but it was still fun

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2003, 08:02:12 PM »
Although many people comaplin about it, I enjoyed Yosi's Story. It was more like a book than a game. The atmosphere it created was the
strongest I've ever felt when playing a game, and I still enjoyed going through all the levels and getting all the melons.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2003, 08:20:54 PM »
I want Nintendo's games from now on not to be so different that it will garner negative comments about it for the rest of it's development lifespan.
If they want to make a DK game, not 2D, please. We're like 7 years past that stage now. Super Smash Bros was an exception, but I don't want all Nintendo's platformers to become side-scrollers again. I wouldn't be able to hold up a smiley face when i explain how much i "absolutely LOVE this 3D game that's played in 2D". That would just give people more reasons to not buy Nintendo consoles.

At least make them all 3D from now on.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2003, 08:28:53 PM »
this is a prime example why i hate the internet.

when i got yoshi's story for the 64 for my son he was 4 and he and i played it together.
it was the cutest animated book i have ever read him to date and the music and the yoshi's growing happier was  brilliant for what it was.
to most it was probably sicking cute but for a new dad  with a kid who almost cried  when the yoshi's died because he was taken that into the STORY it was a masterpiece for  what it was and the time line in my life.
i would not have changed it in any way shape  or form.

now  if a gamecube one comes out i have no expectations whatsoever so hopefully now that he will be 6 by the time it comes out it will fall in somehow in  my new time line.

until i read this post i had no idea at all anyone hated this game and without the net  i would have never known.

i can only  assume  to those who despiese it  it just wasn;t there type game because in the right situation the game was perfect.

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2003, 10:40:54 PM »
I loved the Super Happy Tree! ^_^

More ontopic: Didn't Rare take the latest build of DK Racing with them to change it into a different racer for MS, how can Ninty still have it in development if Rare took it with them? I'm not expecting a DK Racer, I mean Diddy & DK are in the new Mario Kart anyway.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline nonjagged

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2003, 01:00:15 AM »

Originally posted by: Gamefreak
Miyamoto said the DK game would be "2d meets 3d". Sounds like the Donkey Kong Country games with full 3D graphics, like smash bros where you have 3d graphics but 2d movement....
If that's true, then I'll be one of the first to buy it.

Sign me up for an order also.
Its possible DK will be like what Konami did with Contra. Side-scroller with Hardcore 3D graphics.
Only question is now that Rare has defected, who will take over this project?
Treasure busy with Wario right?

2003 = Nintendo's greatest E3 ever

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2003, 05:02:13 AM »
Nintendo's released basically all their franchises to 3rd parties, so all those spare resources have to be put to use. And since Nintendo haven't made a Donkey Kong game under his new look, like, EVER, they would most likely be spending the most time with it to try and get it just right.
Nintendo have only ever used the new DK model for cameos (like in Mario Kart and SSB), not actual adventure games, so NCL would be the only place where they woule be making a Donkey Kong game, and EAD are the only candidates.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2003, 05:27:51 AM »
Personally I'm hoping for a Donkey Kong game like the one on the GB, it was one of my favouite games (too bad it lacked replay value). As for Yoshi, I think Yoshi's Island was too easy. I'd prefer something like the old Super Mario Bros. games...

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2003, 12:19:10 PM »

Some people will defend anything because it has the Nintendo name on it.
Or maybe it's because most people enjoy the very large majority of products with a Nintendo name on it.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St