Author Topic: Prejudice  (Read 7565 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Prejudice
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:35:11 AM »
So a sequel to Section 8 got announced, there's a trailer and an interview but information is still sparse. They said there will be a better campaign, more DCMs and a more evolved Swarm mode (humans vs bots with very unbalanced teams, not something like firefight).

Trailer

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Prejudice
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 04:21:36 AM »
Is it still going to play like ****?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 04:57:06 AM »
Never figured out the penetration system, huh?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:56:22 AM »
No, I figured it out. It was just a terrible idea.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 05:18:43 AM »
penetration with prejudice?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
No, I figured it out. It was just a terrible idea.

Oh, right, you're the guy who wants weapons to kill super fast so he can ambush people.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »
The game has been announced to be a downloadable release and cost $15.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 12:22:59 PM »
Never figured out the penetration system, huh?

That's what she said.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 03:18:52 AM »
The game has been announced to be a downloadable release and cost $15.

That is such a mind-boggling price point. And the game looks like it is no slouch in content since it will have a story mode that is said to have the length of some $60 action games and skirmish bots that have been frequently absent from games since Counter Strike went to retail (or earlier). I had fun with the beta of the first game but never followed up on a purchase. At $15, I am tempted to throw caution to the wind and purchase it as soon as it is available.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 06:17:21 AM »
Never heard of this game series, looks like a Halo clone. I'm also against prejudice, (unless its extreme)

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 08:59:04 AM »
Never heard of this game series, looks like a Halo clone. I'm also against prejudice, (unless its extreme)

It's not a surprise that you haven't heard about this game since the second game is only just coming out and the first game was lost in the Q3/Q4 2009 shuffle.

As far as Halo clones go, this actually pushes its sci-fi warfare angle so these space marines are really futuristic space marines instead of marines in space. The game is a sort of sci-fi Battlefield "capture the control points and reduce the enemy's tickets"game thats much more technologically wacky than Battlefield 2142. Well, I shouldn't say wacky when Tribes 2 exists with it's jet pack skiing and Spinfusor.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »
I guess they're going digital because their last publisher, Southpark, screwed them over on royalty payments and stuff. On XBLA and such they don't need a big publisher.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 03:02:07 AM »
So the 360 version is coming out today and the review embargo has expired. Reviews are very positive so far.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:48 AM »
Argh. Have to wait for the PC version.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »
Me too, can't aim with an analog stick.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »
Looks like we won't have to wait too long as the PC version is set to release on May 4th. Steam has a -10% pre-purchase offer. Direct2Drive is offering the Lightning Pack (EMP Round Pulse Cannon and Tagger Round Sniper Rifle) which grants early access to what I assume are high level multiplayer unlocks. Games for Windows Marketplace is offering the Explosion Pack (Riot Mod Pulse Cannon and Concussion Detpacks).

Hmm, I might just pre-purchase the game on Steam. The reviews and opinions I've heard so far make the game out to be a fairly good game that happens to be quite cheap in price and production values. Also, I did enjoy what I've played of the multiplayer betas for the 1st and 2nd games.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »
Alright, Steam has finished downloading the 5.5 gigs of game. Eager to see how this sequel plays.
Steam handle is Enner.

EDIT:
The game uses Games for Windows Live with all sorts of Live-enabled stuff. Thankfully, it also has dedicated servers.
My GFWLive/Xbox Live gamertag is Eribuster.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:00:35 PM by Enner »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »
Hm, strange, I didn't get any of the loyalty gear.

Well, whatever, wasn't anything important IIRC.

Gamertag is anotherDopefish.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 04:00:29 AM »
They're unlocking the Assault game mode once online players get a combined total of one million kills. It's pretty much UT's Assault mode.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 06:22:57 AM »
One million kills already. Nice.
Is it like UT's Assault mode? From the website, it sounds somewhat similar to Battlefield Bad Company 2's Rush mode of attackers and defenders fighting over control points.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »
Oh, wait, it's 10 million. The counter is at the official site.

"Assault is a team-versus-team game mode where teams race to capture all Control Points in the fastest time. While in the attack round, players must work together to capture all control points. During the defense round, players defend their bases for as long as possible."

Sounds like UT's system to me (who can do it faster).

Offline MV

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »
Incoming post after a few months of inactivity! (I only had like 3 posts anyhow, but whatever.)

I got this game after following it for a while, and it thoroughly lived up to expectations. It's extremely fun and, unlike most downloadable shooters, includes a lengthy single-player campaign, which was the biggest selling-point for me. The multiplayer is fun, as well, but Swarm mode is merely okay. Not to be a whore, but if you want a reason why you should get it, I made a video review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viCb-QJKXVQ) of it. If anyone wants to play this, my Xbox Live Gamertag is MV93.

(How do I include links in text? And am I still welcome in the Funhouse?)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:20:22 PM by MV »

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 02:31:03 AM »
10 million. Better get crackin'. I guess I'm not much help since I want to mop up the single-player campaign first. I'm nearly at the end though and it has been an okay romp on hard difficulty.

Bad Company 2's Rush mode is also similar. In it, the attacking team is tasked with destroying two stations while the defending team defends. If the two stations are blown up, the map moves to the next section and the attacking team's reinforcement counter is reset (the defenders have infinite lives). This goes on until all pairs of stations are destroyed or time runs out.

Unreal Tournament's Assault mode strikes me as being more involved and varied in its objectives. Also, it doesn't hurt that the maps try to build some sort of narrative context. I can see how Section 8: Prejudice's Assault mode is similar to Unreal Tournament's Assault mode.

MV, you can include links in text with [ url=http://www.website.com ]TEXT[ /url ] without the spaces either in the quick reply box or in the full-featured reply editor with the ability to view the code formatting toggled on.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 12:06:25 PM »
The main point of assault is that it's timed, the objective is to complete the map faster than the other team does (or at least get as far as they did in less time). World In Conflict's assault mode was completely based on capture points, maybe that's a closer comparison.

Offline Enner

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 04:05:56 PM »
Ah, World in Conflict. I never played that game but I heard good things about it.

I finished the campaign today on Hard. Overall, it was an okay experience. There were frustrating moments involving bosses with a ton of health, regular enemies that take forever to kill, and turret nests with repairing supply depots. Looking back at it, I should be a bit grateful for those situations as I learned more about the game's damage systems and equipment. For sure, hardened supply depots are easier to destroy when you detonate five crash packs and follow up with a crash missile. Also, incendiary ammunition and damage is awesome.