Author Topic: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective To Revive This Summer  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective To Revive This Summer
« on: February 08, 2023, 02:01:46 PM »

Boy, this is an awfully good day for DS games we thought we'd never see again.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/62822/ghost-trick-phantom-detective-to-revive-this-summer

A DS adventure classic will be returning to Nintendo systems after more than a decade this summer.

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, the 2010 DS game directed by Ace Attorney series lead Shu Takumi, will be remastered for a Switch release this summer.

The original game involves playing as a ghost who has to discover not only their memories following their death, but also who was responsible for their death.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective To Revive This Summer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 07:39:08 PM »
The 3DS made me re-analyze the DS library and this was one of the games I "discovered" at that time.  I found it new at a retro games store in Bellingham, WA.  This was quite a few years ago now because the 3DS was still a current system and I paid a typical new game price for it.

This might be my favourite DS game.  It's the sort of opinion that could change depending on the day of the week but it's always going to be in the conversation.  It is the DS game I would recommend the most to others.  I hope it finds a new audience on the Switch because it really is something special and I think a lot of people would like it if it was easily accessible to them.  Now it made a lot of use of the touchscreen so I'm not 100% sure how it is going to translate but hopefully it turns out well.

With a digital market place it really makes no sense for games to be stuck on inactive platforms unless there are major licensing issues blocking it.  I'm strongly in favour of well regarded games being essentially "in print" at all times for newcomers to check out.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:04:52 PM »
Nice, another game I was interested in but never got around to buying.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 01:43:23 PM »
I was always curious about Ghost Trick but never managed to find it, so I might check it out this time.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 11:06:06 AM »
I am in the same boat, wanting to play Ghost Trick but not having it easily accessible. We can finally find out what the hype is all about.