Author Topic: Prince of Persia Confirmed for Wii  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Prince of Persia Confirmed for Wii
« on: August 08, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »
After some confusion, we now know that the Prince is headed for Nintendo's next-gen console.

Late last week, Ubisoft sent out a press release detailing their support for the Wii's launch. While certainly a great day for Nintendo fans, the French version of the release became the root of some confusion among the press. JeuxPo claimed that, not only were these games coming to Wii, but a brand new Prince of Persia was on the way as well.    

Naturally, this threw everyone off, as the North American version offered no such proclamation. Well, today Ubisoft finally spilled the beans to 1Up News, saying "A game based on the popular Prince of Persia franchise is one of many titles Ubisoft has in development for Nintendo's Wii. At this time we can not provide an official date for the game or any additional information about it."    

Well, there you have it. Prince of Persia is Wii-bound. Keep your browser tuned to PGC as more on this game is revealed.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Mario323

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Prince of Persia Confirmed for Wii
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 05:00:25 PM »
Sweet.  I hope they take full advantage of the Wiimote like they are with Red Steel, Far Cry, and Rayman.