Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1548943 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #5900 on: June 25, 2018, 01:32:41 AM »
Several pterosaurs land on a building in Las Vegas

I thought it was OK.  I enjoyed JW far more.  But this isn't a bad way to waste a couple of hours if you're that way inclined.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: June 25, 2018, 05:00:28 AM »
I am convinced anyone who hates Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom just hates fun movies. It was a blast. Great follow up to the last film. I was cheering at parts. Final battle was great, I loved the settings, and while some people knocked the "earth first" themes, I never felt they hammered you over the head with it. It was used as a tool in the story telling, unlike some films where the environmental or other message were the point of the film.

Felt a bit of a Resident Evil vibe thanks to the creepy old mansion, and turns out the director has done horror films in the past. There were several good scare points and I genuinely feared people (outside of Owen/Claire) could have died at any number of times. Ever since the mess that was JP3 I have gone into these films just rooting for the Raptors/Rexy to kill people. Not been disappointed in the JW films so far.

For those unaware, the T-Rex in the Jurassic World films is the original one from Jurassic Park. You can tell by the scarring on her face and back from her fight with the raptors.

Mosasaurus (sp?) needed more time, but she (he? it?) at least got one awesome scene.

The ending was a little odd. Obviously they left it open for further sequels, but it kinda makes me wonder where they go from here? Blue/Rexy/Dinos loose in NorCal, will they get caught and placed in a zoo? Send them to site B?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: June 25, 2018, 11:34:20 AM »
I watched JW:TLK with my daughter last night.

She was in to it from beginning to end. and that says alot, because she was about to take a nap just before the movie started, as we spent all day at the water park swimming in the sun. As soon as the movie started, she was scared, and then as they brought up Blue, she found her emotional focal point.
She told me right after the movie was over, that she cried during the movie, and it was related to Blue. she actually started clapping when Blue took out the New Raptor and then got up and walked away!!!

I have to say I did run out to see this as a lot of the impressions online are that this movie was terrible, but from someone that barely remembers anything from the last movie plot wise, this movie was entertaining for what it was. I don't remember there being any real dull moments, and I actually enjoyed it for what it was. A fun action movie centering around dinosaurs living in the modern world. and in the next sequel, that's exactly what this movie will be about.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: July 03, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »
Rampage - 7/10
The Rock is so good damn charasmatic, he can increase the regular score of any movie by 3 points just by being in it. I was pleasantly surprised at how decent this actually was. The CGI is excellent - the plot is absurd, but The Rock is so great, and JDM is fantastic (and basically plays Negan in this movie) that it makes up for the shortcomings. I've got to say, this is probably the best video game movie there is. Luckily the source material is so simple that they were able to actually put something together like they did, without it feeling like they're ruining something (like every RE movie, Street Fighter, Mario Bros., Mortal Kombat, etc.). Yeah. It was actually a lot of fun to watch.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: July 03, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »
Rampage I haven't seen it but I t has giant monsters and the Rock/ 10
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: July 06, 2018, 12:26:43 AM »
Ant-Man and the Wasp - 8/10
Funnier and more interesting than the first one. It's very much a standalone movie, even though it's a direct sequel (to Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War) - basically you can see this without seeing any of the other movies and not feel completely out of the loop. Timeline-wise, this takes place before Avengers Infinity War, but pretty close to the same time (you can deduce this by Scott being on house arrest for just under two years, and Thor telling Banner he's been the Hulk for over two years in Ragnarok...and because, <Infinity War spoiler ahead> well, no one seems to be freaking out because of half of the population being wiped out). It's also very different than any other Marvel Studios film, especially when it comes to the villain, because, well, there isn't one - well, at least not a major one - and the real antagonist isn't Ghost. I wouldn't say that's a major spoiler, and you figure that out pretty early on.

There are two post-credits scenes. The second one you don't necessarily need to stay for, it's really just a tease, but the first one is very important in regards to Infinity War and Avengers 4, because Ant-Man is trapped in the Quantum Realm, and it's goodbye Hank, Janet, and Wasp when Thanos snaps his fingers.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:28:50 AM by BranDonk Kong »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: July 07, 2018, 12:05:25 AM »
Am I the only one watching movies these days?

No Country for Old Men - 8/10
Waited too long to see this one, so I think I over-hyped it for myself. Still really good, but was expecting to like it more.

There Will Be Blood - 8.5/10
Same deal, except this was a better movie. Some of the best acting I've ever seen - absolutely brilliant performances by Daniel Day-Lewis and Paul Dano.

Sicario - 9/10 (the first one)
I actually watched this a couple days ago. Really fucking good. Makes you feel a little uneasy, especially the last act. Looking forward to seeing the sequel very soon.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: July 07, 2018, 12:28:58 AM »
Am I the only one watching movies these days?

No Country for Old Men - 8/10
Waited too long to see this one, so I think I over-hyped it for myself. Still really good, but was expecting to like it more.

There Will Be Blood - 8.5/10
Same deal, except this was a better movie. Some of the best acting I've ever seen - absolutely brilliant performances by Daniel Day-Lewis and Paul Dano.

Sicario - 9/10 (the first one)
I actually watched this a couple days ago. Really fucking good. Makes you feel a little uneasy, especially the last act. Looking forward to seeing the sequel very soon.

I really like The Will be Blood but I have no idea what it's about. It's really fun to see these people act as these characters though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: July 07, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!
It's basically just about a total asshole. When he gets to Little Boston his plan was to get all of the oil and to kill Eli, because Eli challenged him, which is why he says "I'm finished" at the end...at least I think that's why, and because he's done witth his dinner. I saw a good write-up about it last night.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: July 07, 2018, 08:21:00 PM »
could you tell me what Inherent Vice is about? At first I didn't like the movie because its plotline baffled me, but then I realized it was all worth it for "Moto Panekeku!"

That scene stuck with me. Every time I eat Pancakes I think about it. Or Cabin Fever.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: July 07, 2018, 09:04:06 PM »
Never seen either one of those...need to though.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: July 07, 2018, 09:39:19 PM »
Watch the original Cabin Fever, not the remake.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: July 08, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »
The Hitman's Body Guard - Good

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: July 08, 2018, 10:16:24 PM »
Acquiring that one now...and Cabin Fever (2002 Eli Roth version).

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5914 on: July 08, 2018, 10:26:14 PM »
Jurassic Word 2

This movie was absolutely terrible, but so much fun. Easily a 7.5/10.

Honestly, I felt like the cinema sins guy while watching the movie.  Every idiotic thing just stuck out at me.  I still had a ton of fun watching the movie, for sure.  There was one scene where the super raptor smirked because he had some guy fooled.  I could've ignored it, but it happened twice! As if they just replayed that part of the scene.  It was cartoonish.  There was another super cartoonish scene with the super raptor, and I think they should have just gone all the way with it.  There are so many things wrong with it, but it's also great in that Fast & Furious way.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: July 08, 2018, 11:30:39 PM »
Yeah, so that's the problem with the other Jurassic movies - they aren't fun.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: July 08, 2018, 11:37:37 PM »
Jurassic Word 2

This movie was absolutely terrible, but so much fun. Easily a 7.5/10.

Honestly, I felt like the cinema sins guy while watching the movie.  Every idiotic thing just stuck out at me.  I still had a ton of fun watching the movie, for sure.  There was one scene where the super raptor smirked because he had some guy fooled.  I could've ignored it, but it happened twice! As if they just replayed that part of the scene.  It was cartoonish.  There was another super cartoonish scene with the super raptor, and I think they should have just gone all the way with it.  There are so many things wrong with it, but it's also great in that Fast & Furious way.

It sounds like the Jurassic Series has Flanderized itself.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: July 09, 2018, 01:16:49 AM »
I watched Bangkok Dangerous starring Nicolas Cage. It was not very good, but it was entertaining a few times. Two stars.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5918 on: July 09, 2018, 09:17:35 PM »
Yeah, so that's the problem with the other Jurassic movies - they aren't fun.

I thought Jurassic World 1 was fun too, but not as fun as this one.  It was so close to being good because it was clearly aware of how terrible it was, but it just didn't do enough with that knowledge.  This one seems less self-aware, but a lot dumber.

It sounds like the Jurassic Series has Flanderized itself.

Not quite enough, if you ask me. At least, not in the right direction.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: July 13, 2018, 02:37:37 AM »
I watched Ant-man and the Wasp.

really quick 30 second review because I'm tired now.....

They showed waaaay too much in the trailers.
It was ok, I like the 1st one as a whole better... much better.

and just to save everyone time, I'm spoiling the 2nd post credit scene.
It was in the trailers. I posted a gif of it weeks/months ago in the Marvel thread.
save yourself 10 minutes and only watch the mid-credit scene.
They seriously made me wait to watch something they spoiled in the damn trailer.... smfh.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: July 13, 2018, 05:32:25 AM »
It's technically not the scene from the trailers, that takes place earlier ("What are you, fifteen?") - but it's very close to the same thing.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5921 on: July 16, 2018, 01:18:05 PM »
Ant-Man and the Wasp

Yeah, that second scene was a HUGE letdown.  But the question mark after "will return" was kinda funny.  Overall, I really liked.  It was very funny.  I think it did a good job of catching the audience up on where they were in the story and what the deal was with where the characters stood with eachother.  Also, most of it was in the trailers.  But at least enough of the gags that were in the trailers had a bit more to them.  That said, I really wanted more gags with things being the wrong size.

Solid 8.5 out of whatever you thought of the first one.

Deadpool 2

I know I was late on this, and I probably caught one of the last showings in my area.  But this movie was actually better than the first to me.  It's for sure worse in some areas, but the film does benefit from not having to do an origin story.  A few dislikes: the joke density is a little too high at times; there's a lot of the movie being indulgent and gratuitous in certain scenes; still too much cursing for the sake of it.  But the movie is hilarious, for reasons that are obviously different from AM&TW.  Lots of cool characters get introduced.  And once again, this series proves itself as the perfect jumping point for an X-Men universe.  Also, Cable is just great.

8.5/10

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: July 16, 2018, 02:20:39 PM »
Just to be clear on AM&TW, I liked the movie, there were plenty of good gags, it's just that if you watched a majority of the trailers, they literally showed 90% of them in the ads... the other 10% were probably an extension of the same scene already shown. And I stopped watching the trailers after the kid-sized shrink was shown. That's when I knew they were digging to get my attention. I was already going to watch the movie, so there was no reason for me to keep looking at trailers.... I think I even mentioned something about it when I posted that last trailer in one of these threads.

On the other hand, The Wasp was a bad ass, and Ghost was pretty cool too. Ant-man himself was comic relief, and the Luis gag was pretty good, but they need to find another way to do it if they do it again.

The movie overall was good. It was pretty small scale and unconnected from the greater going-ons in the MCU, which while needed as a pallette cleanser after IW.... Incredibles 2 already cleansed that pallette and in a much more entertaining way. (seriously I2 was was great, I loved it from beginning to end). Personally I think AM&TW was just released too soon. should come out next month maybe? There was just too much going on this summer, and AM&TW was too soon after IW to not be really be connected, not have a trailer before IW, and the only real connection (outside of forced CW references) being the mid-credits scene. After what just happened in IW, I think I needed more #itsallconnected substance.... maybe that had nothing to do with it... maybe what it really needed was a little Edgar Wright in the writing and visuals room (I don't remember there being the same visual shrinking flare from the first movie)?

long story short, AM&TW had good parts, but as an entire package, the 1st movie was better in almost every way. IMO
Hopefully the ending plays into A4 in a very important way, which leads Ant-man into having his Doctor Strange moment in IW, where we see what he's really capable of when it comes time to handle business.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5923 on: July 16, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »
I think the setup for Ant-Man and IW is pretty good, but I'm 100% basing it on the leaked art showing Ant-Man in A4.  He's stuck in the Quantum Realm and he either gets rescued from the outside or finds help in the inside.  Personally, I think that's how the team eventually finds out that everyone is alive inside the Soul Stone.

I also liked that the movie was on a smaller scale.  Thor 3 destroyed all of Asgard and every other movie has the fate of the world hanging in the balance, so these Ant-Man movies are a great change of pace.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: July 17, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
Your failure is complete.

edit for link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6eAcFOSOY0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:00:06 AM by oohhboy »
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?