Author Topic: Famitsu Unveils Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles  (Read 10259 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Famitsu Unveils Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »
i really enjoyed UC but I don't want more of those games. The fact it takes place in RE2 is a real slap to the face. They know we want a remake of that game, but not like this. How are they going to make it big enough to justify its existence. UC had tons of levels and idea, this is on RE2 its locked into that game so I don't see how it could be equal in length to UC.

basically this feels like capcom purposely left out RE2 from RE;UC to later release it as its own game. NOT COOL.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 05:23:38 PM by Mr. Adolph Vega »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2009, 05:48:54 PM »
They shouldn't have said Wii owning Resident Evil fans will be "very happy, very soon." That's pretty presumptuous on their part. Don't tell me how I'll feel or what I want! That's like when I was leaving KFC the other day and there was a window vinyl on the door with Colonel Sanders saying, "See you tomorrow!" How the f*ck do you know I'll be back tomorrow? F*ck Colonel Sanders.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »
I, for one, am excited. As many of you know, I've been begging Capcom for a sequel for months. And they listed! Now we'll be able to experience the main events of Code Veronica without having to actually play Code Veronica. So that's exciting.

SO YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DID THIS! >:U But srsly though, I thought only RE2 was confirmed... did I just miss the CV part of the announcement?

But more importantly, if all goes as planned, we'll get to play as Leon "S." Kennedy twice. But I wonder how they'll justify two-player co-op for RE4 missions, if RE4 is included...

Give Ashley a gun. Ooh, better yet, just let Leon dual-wield™ and each player can control an arm.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »
Well only 2 was announced so far they could easily do CV and maybe something leading up to 4 or 5.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 07:16:30 PM »
I, for one, am excited. As many of you know, I've been begging Capcom for a sequel for months. And they listed! Now we'll be able to experience the main events of Code Veronica without having to actually play Code Veronica. So that's exciting.

But more importantly, if all goes as planned, we'll get to play as Leon "S." Kennedy twice. But I wonder how they'll justify two-player co-op for RE4 missions, if RE4 is included...

Well, I believe you could play the Wesker and Ada missions with two players once you unlocked the option to do so, so they could pull off RE 4. RE 5 can easily be done.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 07:21:41 PM »
Methinks the RE5 chapter will last 15min or so in DC, to maintain the proportions.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:58 PM »
Methinks the RE5 chapter will last 15min or so in DC, to maintain the proportions.

At least it will play better than the 7 hours they expect us to enjoy on the 360/PS3...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 08:13:48 PM »
Like I said in the rumor topic, "meh, whatever."  I liked Umbrella Chronicles, as it felt like the old-style Resident Evil games...only on rails.  I never finished it because I only had a few missions left to unlock and I got bored trying to meet some of the insane S-rank objectives.  That this game will be on rails doesn't really bother me as much as that it's yet another "Not Resident Evil" game from Capcom.  They know we want a new RE4-style Resident Evil game, and the sales reflect that, but they just wont' give us one.  Instead, like every other fracking 3rd party on Wii (except for the fluke that is Dragon Quest X), they decided we really didn't want the big AAA true installment of the beloved franchise.  No, instead we want the experimental spin-off.  Well, frak you, Capcom.  I'm so sick and tired of this nonsense, so much that I'm starting to wish Nintendo went back to its 1980s-style of ruling the games on its console with an iron fist.  Yeah, it'd piss all those companies off, but at least we'd for a time get the games we actually want.  I'm so sick of "settling" for games when it comes to Wii.  We never get what we actually want, so instead we are left to "settle" for what we have.  Bleh.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 09:41:59 PM »
Like I said in the rumor topic, "meh, whatever."  I liked Umbrella Chronicles, as it felt like the old-style Resident Evil games...only on rails.  I never finished it because I only had a few missions left to unlock and I got bored trying to meet some of the insane S-rank objectives.  That this game will be on rails doesn't really bother me as much as that it's yet another "Not Resident Evil" game from Capcom.  They know we want a new RE4-style Resident Evil game, and the sales reflect that, but they just wont' give us one.  Instead, like every other fracking 3rd party on Wii (except for the fluke that is Dragon Quest X), they decided we really didn't want the big AAA true installment of the beloved franchise.  No, instead we want the experimental spin-off.  Well, frak you, Capcom.  I'm so sick and tired of this nonsense, so much that I'm starting to wish Nintendo went back to its 1980s-style of ruling the games on its console with an iron fist.  Yeah, it'd piss all those companies off, but at least we'd for a time get the games we actually want.  I'm so sick of "settling" for games when it comes to Wii.  We never get what we actually want, so instead we are left to "settle" for what we have.  Bleh.

And the fluke known as Monster Hunter. Seriously though looking at RE5 I'm not sure if I won't get more enjoyment out of this. It still would be great if they remade RE2 or created a spin-off 3rd person game. It is funny how outdated the 360/PS3 version seems to be with its clunky controls.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 09:52:04 PM »
Sometimes i wish i was some sorta billionaire that had the money to fly all the wii fans that want a 'real' RE game on wii to Capcom HQ and supply them all with megaphones.

Then i realize it'd be a waste of my money cuz they STILL wouldn't get it..

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 10:14:56 PM »
Sometimes i wish i was some sorta billionaire that had the money to fly all the wii fans that want a 'real' RE game on wii to Capcom HQ and supply them all with megaphones.

Then i realize it'd be a waste of my money cuz they STILL wouldn't get it..

Who the fans or Capcom?

HAAAAAAH! C WHUT I DID THAR?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 10:48:43 PM »
I blame Duck Hunt.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline williamsjj

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2009, 11:41:05 PM »
This is disappointing.  I wasn't expecting RE5 on the Wii, but I was expecting something more like a standard Resident Evil game.  I was hoping for a new version of RE0 or RE using the RE4 engine and Wii controls, but would have settled for just about anything but a light gun game.  I loved UC on the Wii and put over 24 hours into it, but the console definitely doesn't need another light gun game.  As some other poster said, it seems like the developers think the only games the Wii can support are light gun games.  The only thing I can say is that I thank God that I couldn't find a Wii when they launched and bought a 360 instead.  If I had the Wii as my only console from this generation, as I had originally planned, I think I'd be a very disgruntled gamer. 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 12:29:47 AM »
Normally I'd be in here waving my arms and jumping up and down hysterically.... *waves arms and jumps up and down hysterically* ... but actually, after the pure funfest that Overkill was, and the promise that Extraction embodies, Capcom will really have to up the ante with RE:DC. I mean, RE:UC was great at the time, but it had TANK CONTROLS IN A RAIL SHOOTER!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH.

If DC has tank controls, I will be mad. I want to feel as light and free as I did in overkill. Oh, and I want the difficulty balanced. Oh, and I want to be surprised by some taking-of-the-genre-to-the-next-level. I expect some more innovation this time Capcom!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 06:05:41 AM »
I was hoping it was PN03 Part 2, mainly so that any actual announcement would sound better when compared to that.

But in the end its just the usual third-party-treatment disappointment.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 11:17:59 AM »
you know what would be cool.

Resident Evil: Mercenaries

it gets the levels from RE4 and just expands on that arcade game idea. You kill everyone in the level earn more and more levels eventually going to boss battles........oh wait I'm talking about MadWorld.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »
I was hoping for a new version of RE0 or RE using the RE4 engine and Wii controls

;D

You didn't speak fast enough so Capcom only heard the first half of your request.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
What's with all the rail shooter hate? It's a great genre.

And Kai, how did RE:UC have tank controls? You just shot at the screen, and didn't "move" your character at all! :-)
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
I don't get it Halbred.There isn't a lot of rail shooters on the Wii.
4 are out now.Ghost Squad,HotD 2&3 and Overkill and Umbrella Chronicles. This game and Sin and Punishment 2.There is not of lots of saturation in the genre.
All of those games I listed are great.I don't see the problem.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 03:57:02 PM »
The problem, and I speak as a fan of rail shooters and light gun games in general, is that we don't want rail shooters at the expense of something else.  A long-running rail shooter franchise coming to Wii as a rail shooter is wonderful news.  A long-running survival horror franchise coming to Wii as a rail shooter is pure weapons grade WTFium.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »
Well it looks like they upped the budget for this game by looking at the trailer. As someone else pointed out though considering RE5, I"m not even sure I want another RE4 esque game without the creator.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »
People are forgetting Chicken Shoot, Target Terror, Nerf N-strike, and the shooting gallery modes of Rayman Raving Rabbids series, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and Wii Play.  There's even a little time travelling WiiWare shooter series in Japan.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »
People are forgetting Chicken Shoot, Target Terror, Nerf N-strike, and the shooting gallery modes of Rayman Raving Rabbids series, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and Wii Play.  There's even a little time travelling WiiWare shooter series in Japan.

Medal of Honor? Thought that was a FPS. Also Wii play and Rayman are mini-game collections they have about everything in them. The others, besides, Nerf-N-Strike really aren't what I'd call high profile.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009, 05:51:27 PM »
I referred to the shooting gallery modes, which were high profile "features" touted for these games.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 11:41:17 PM »
y'all forget Link's Crossbow Training!
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!